eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to answer and explain to buyers' negative feedback
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anniepurchase

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: How to answer and explain to buyers' negative feedback Reply with quote

I got 6 sales on ecrater, but only one feedback, and unfortunately this only feedback is negative feedback, I am very sad and frustrated for that, my feedback on other selling website is 100% positive (but not mean every transaction 100%, certainly still have some unrated transaction, but if buyers made rating that is positive feedback till now on other website, I have store on Bonanza and Ioffer, if I can leave links here:http://www.bonanza.com/users/960634/user_feedbacks, but only 5 valid sales and 4 postive feedback on bonanza).

The buyers' negative feedback here is:
"It took 22 days to receive product. It was only 2gb but should be 16gb. was in excellent condition.'

Actually it needn't 22 days to reach, when the USPS despatch the items to the buyer the first time, maybe the buyer were not home, haven't despatched the item successfully;

And for the capacity, I have indicated that different capacity is with different price, the price that the buy paid is for 2gb, so I ship 2gb, if buyers made indication to order for 16gb at that time, I will refund her.

When I received the payment I sent an mail to the buyer: "Thanks for your purchase of 2gb frog usb flash drive..", if the buyer did not agree with that capacity she should reply back at that time....But anyway every fault must be sellers' fault..

But the buyer wrote the feedback here like this, others will think my usb flash drive is not full memory drive, and it is my first feedback, so terrible feedback, that should affect my future sales absolutely..

Is there anywhere that I can reply to the buyers' feedback? I think at least there is chance for seller to explain upon the feedback, so at least when others view the feedback they can know the actual circumstance, I think even the buyers have some dissatisfaction upon the item but at least say the actual and honest reasons..

Since these peroid I got these items with more competitive prices, so I revise the price of the item listing, so that means the price that the buyer paid at that time is higher than now, so maybe the previous buyer are unhappy..

Can anyone tell me is there anywhere to explain to the buyers rating words? I don't want to complain anything on the reply, only make some explaination to clarify something.

Thanks and best regards.
Annie
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: How to answer and explain to buyers' negative feedback Reply with quote

anniepurchase wrote:
And for the capacity, I have indicated that different capacity is with different price, the price that the buy paid is for 2gb, so I ship 2gb, if buyers made indication to order for 16gb at that time, I will refund her.

I do not see a listing for 'frog' and '2gb', but I do see this one ...
http://anniepurchase.ecrater.com/p/11667230/rabbit-multifunction-mp3-usb-flash

What I think you are doing in that listing, you can't do that and not confuse the customer.

You are trying to list two different products (with different prices) on one listing.

Make that into two listings, one for the 2GB and one for the 4GB. If I were to glance at that listing, I could easily confuse what you are offering.
anniepurchase

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: How to answer and explain to buyers' negative feedback Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
anniepurchase wrote:

I do not see a listing for 'frog' and '2gb', but I do see this one ...
http://anniepurchase.ecrater.com/p/11667230/rabbit-multifunction-mp3-usb-flash

What I think you are doing in that listing, you can't do that and not confuse the customer.

You are trying to list two different products (with different prices) on one listing.

Make that into two listings, one for the 2GB and one for the 4GB. If I were to glance at that listing, I could easily confuse what you are offering.

Yes from last 2 sales of frog u disk I have revised the listing since I get some frog usb flash drive with more competitive price recently, so I cancel 2gb, only sell 4gb/8gb/16gb, now the price of 4gb is even cheaper than previous 2gb, and the price between 2gb and 4gb is with little difference, so I give up to list 2gb recently, so now you can not see 2gb. I think the buyer really will unhappy since the previous price of 2gb is higher than the price of 4gb now.

For these items that some people have bought or asked, I will separate them to list, this frog has got 2 sales so I make 3 separate listing after their purchase, and also revise the price, so maybe you can not see the original listing content.

Now the separate listing is:
http://anniepurchase.ecrater.com/p/12581722/4gb-frog-key-ring-usb

The original and previous listing is like:
http://anniepurchase.ecrater.com/p/12559594/4gb-8gb-16gb-neckerchief-penguins. Which means several capacity is described in one listing.

I have indicated like this:
2). Different capacity is with different price, this price is for 4GB, if you need others kindly pls inform us before you buy, we can list here for you or you can make an offer as relevant price to buy.

Price: USD ***(4GB); USD ***(8GB); USD ***(16GB)

I think it is very clear....And I know actually in ebay sellers always list item seperate with the capacity and color, to be honest I am a little lazy when listing, but I think it is clear in description..

I have encountered one buyer paid as 4GB, but made note that she needed 16gb when made order, so I reply to her that this price is for 4GB, not 16gb, then I refund her and made a new listing of 16gb, though the buyer didn't buy at last, but at least that is no misunderstanding and loss with each other.

But when this buyer bought and paid for this frog u disk, she haven't left any indication of the capacity to say she needed 16gb, and I also wrote email to her to say "thanks for your purchase of 2gb u disk..", but no rejection, I can scan the email to eCrater to check. Even she still confused with the listing, but when I wrote email to her at least she know what she indeed need?

Even if my listing have some inappropriate factor, so the buyers can tell an lie and deliberately make some unreasonable transaction to publish the sellers? It is just like a joke, I think it is very unmoral. If for such buyers I would rather give up.

I have listed in such way on bona*** and ioff**, I think it is very convenient to discuss the price and make clear indication for color or capacity, then make transaction. There are also some USA buyers at that website, not like the buyers in eCrater....

I have applied for "dispute for feedback" on eCrater, hope to remove the feedback. In this case even if the buyers are still confused with the listing, but I have email to the buyer for 2gb, but no rejection, so I ship 2gb, that is normal reasonable way.

I am also as a buyer in China, when I buy something on network, even the product has some quality problems, I will contact the seller first to discuss refund or replace, in very bad condition people will leave negative feedback for sellers, but till now I haven't left any negative feedback to sellers. I know every seller on network is harding working and not easy earn money.

When selling on ioff**, for some buyers order my items, but don't pay in a peroid, I will send several message to them to reminder the payment or ask them to cancel the order(since on ioffer sellers can not cancel order), while don't want to file "non-paying buyer" to cancel the order, actuall when the buyers order the items, the charges has been credited even the sellers haven't received the payment. So if the buyers didn't pay we must ask them cancel the order to get back from Iof**. So I will write several message to the buyers, at last they will cancel the order, and I will not file "non-paying buyer" to cancel the order, since if a buyer received too many "non-paying buyer" their credit also will be affected and account will be restricted, so I will consider for the other side both as a buyer and a seller.

But for such buyer in my order here, I really don't know how to evaluate.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annie, I think we discussed this a while ago although I may be wrong about that, could have been someone else, but this issue has been discussed many times here.

To be sure you are clear to the customers, EACH different item should have it's own listing. Considering the only thing that is different about a usb drive is the Gb, that is easy to copy the same listing and then change each listing to the correct GB. Having a different listing for each size WILL avoid this whole issue. You can always put a note at the bottom of the listing that if they need a different size to check your other listings (don't specify what sizes you have as that can obviously change). Buyers tend to be lazy about reading an entire listing and if you mix that with a seller that is lazy in listing (as you admitted), there is bound to be problems. Listings on ecrater are free and the more listings you have, the more Google and the other search engines will notice you, so having those extra listings is a very good thing.

As to the time it took for the item to get to where it is going. 22 days is a long time. The buyer may have completely missed the fact that the item was shipping from China and was expecting delivery within a week which is about what first class mail here would be. I have found that when shipping something to another country (especially items to the UK bought in my UK store) I put right in the subject line of my shipping notification email that their item is on it's way from the USA (some buyers thought I was in the UK and thought their delivery would be quicker). You may need to do this stating their item is on it's way from China so they will mentally give it a bit more time. 22 days to get mail from China never was considered a long time until fax machines, instant downloads, etc. and now everyone thinks everything should appear instantly.

You may be able to get ecrater to change or erase the time part of your negative, but the part about getting the 'wrong' item, I'm not so sure of as that would be because your listing was unclear. I just checked your site and you still have many listings that are negative feedbacks waiting to happen. List each item separately and you will be much better off.
anniepurchase

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the tracking information from USPS website again, I ship the items to USA via China Post, when the items arrived in USA, the tracking number also can be traced on USPS website.

The tracking number is RA084213033CN, the tracking information is:
RA084213033CN

"Delivered
October 07, 2011, 11:58 am
AZUSA, CA 91702
Registered Mail

October 05, 2011 a note left for the package."

I ship the item in Sept 21st, the item reached USA in Oct 5th and deliver the first time but unsuccessfully and left a note, and delivered in Oct 7th successfully, he buyers left the feedback in Oct 10th, so I don't know how the buyer counted the shipping time to 22 days.

It is obvious deliberate lying words in the feedback both the delivery time and capacity(the buyer knew that price is for 2gb and I shipped 2gb)...Even she had some opinions regarding the listing, why using such way of telling a lie?

Last edited by anniepurchase on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
anniepurchase

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Annie, I think we discussed this a while ago although I may be wrong about that, could have been someone else, but this issue has been discussed many times here.

To be sure you are clear to the customers, EACH different item should have it's own listing. Considering the only thing that is different about a usb drive is the Gb, that is easy to copy the same listing and then change each listing to the correct GB. Having a different listing for each size WILL avoid this whole issue. You can always put a note at the bottom of the listing that if they need a different size to check your other listings (don't specify what sizes you have as that can obviously change). Buyers tend to be lazy about reading an entire listing and if you mix that with a seller that is lazy in listing (as you admitted), there is bound to be problems. Listings on ecrater are free and the more listings you have, the more Google and the other search engines will notice you, so having those extra listings is a very good thing.

As to the time it took for the item to get to where it is going. 22 days is a long time. The buyer may have completely missed the fact that the item was shipping from China and was expecting delivery within a week which is about what first class mail here would be. I have found that when shipping something to another country (especially items to the UK bought in my UK store) I put right in the subject line of my shipping notification email that their item is on it's way from the USA (some buyers thought I was in the UK and thought their delivery would be quicker). You may need to do this stating their item is on it's way from China so they will mentally give it a bit more time. 22 days to get mail from China never was considered a long time until fax machines, instant downloads, etc. and now everyone thinks everything should appear instantly.

You may be able to get ecrater to change or erase the time part of your negative, but the part about getting the 'wrong' item, I'm not so sure of as that would be because your listing was unclear. I just checked your site and you still have many listings that are negative feedbacks waiting to happen. List each item separately and you will be much better off.

Hello, Moonwishstore:

Very thanks for your reply and assistance.

Yes we have discussed the separate listing for capacity and color, and I have revised some little by little.

Sometimes I am really straightforward and stubborn..ah..I will try to improve it..

For the shipping time I have left the tracking number belows, you can see whether it took 22 days to reach USA or not.

I have indicated on "terms and conditions" for shipping policy that I will ship the item in 2- 3 days after clear payment, then the item will be shipped via China Post, it will take 7-15 days to USA, so this time it is also within 15 days.

I don't know why the buyer told a lie in the words of feedback, both the shipping time and the capacity, for capacity the buyer knew the price is for 2gb, and that I shipped is 2gb since I have sent email to the buyer when she made order.

Even the buyers feel confused on the listing, they can choose not to buy, why using such way to tell a false circumstance?

Last edited by anniepurchase on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anniepurchase, if you are selling different items (condition or capacity) never offer them in the same page. My little experience as seller. I learned that some buyer live in a "Click Click" style. It means that they don't read anything. Also I found some buyers that are always looking for confusions, mistakes, and errors in the listings to get the advantage.

I was checking the USPS DC. What day do you receive the order?
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your store should be on hold
until you correct your listings
look at
http://anniepurchase.ecrater.com/p/11563840/4gb-8gb-16gb-crystal-crane
it clearly says 4GB 8GB 16GB Crystal Crane Necklace USB Flash Drive (A) for $21.99
looking at the title and price I too would think I can get 16gb for $21.99

fix your listing
they can not be done like that.
anniepurchase

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
anniepurchase, if you are selling different items (condition or capacity) never offer them in the same page. My little experience as seller. I learned that some buyer live in a "Click Click" style. It means that they don't read anything. Also I found some buyers that are always looking for confusions, mistakes, and errors in the listings to get the advantage.

I was checking the USPS DC. What day do you receive the order?

I received the order and payment on Sept 19th, then I email to the buyer that I will ship the item in 2- 3 days. I shipped the items in Sept 21st, but from usps.com website you only can get the information from about Sept 25th from Shanghai Airport, that is because that I shipped the items in Sept 21st in Guangzhou, but it was transfered from Guangzhou to Shanghai Post Office and airport airline to export, so from the usps.com website you only can see the date details from the exporting time from China, not the time that I sent the package to the shipping company. .

So even counting from Sept 19th to Oct 7th, that is 18 days, not 22 days, in fact the shipping time is not 18 days, it must be from Sept 21th to Oct 5th.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you say
Quote:
The price of free shipping is by regular mail/HK post, it will take 7-15 days to arrive in generally.

shipping time isn't even the important part of this issue.

YOUR listings are done wrong.
You can not sell three different products in one listing.
The buyer feels cheated and has every right to.
anniepurchase

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
your store should be on hold
until you correct your listings
look at
http://anniepurchase.ecrater.com/p/11563840/4gb-8gb-16gb-crystal-crane
it clearly says 4GB 8GB 16GB Crystal Crane Necklace USB Flash Drive (A) for $21.99
looking at the title and price I too would think I can get 16gb for $21.99

fix your listing
they can not be done like that.

Thanks for your message.

Actually in the content I have indicated different prices for different capacity and make a remark. Now in Ebay also some listing are like this..

But I think that is two questions, I think for this order the buyer shouldn't leave such untruth words on feedback, even if they are really confused about the listing.

I think very unfair about that, I don't mean to blame the buyer, but at least this untruth negative feedback must be removed first (both the delivery time and wrong capacity described in that listing is not truth for that buyer, since I have email to her for 2gb when ordered), then on hold my store, then I revise the listing to meet your rules...

Your understanding and assistance will be highly appreciated...

Thanks and best regards.

Annie
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what you have in the description doesn't matter since there is no way for a buyer to click the button and buy it .... the title says 16gb.
How do you think the buyer can click and buy it?
they can't

the listing is wrong.

I suggest you correct it before you end up suspended or something.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think very unfair about that, I don't mean to blame the buyer, but at least this untruth negative feedback must be removed first (both the delivery time and wrong capacity described in that listing is not truth for that buyer, since I have email to her for 2gb when ordered), then on hold my store, then I revise the listing to meet your rules...

delivery time you say 7-15 days
that's not what they buyer got
PLUS
you sent them something they didn't want - they wanted the 16gb you have stated in the title for the price you have in the price area.

Just because you are doing it wrong .. don't care what you do other places .. don't mean the feedback left is unwarranted.
anniepurchase

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you say
Quote:
The price of free shipping is by regular mail/HK post, it will take 7-15 days to arrive in generally.

shipping time isn't even the important part of this issue.

YOUR listings are done wrong.
You can not sell three different products in one listing.
The buyer feels cheated and has every right to.

Thanks for your message.

You mean the buyer felt cheated so to tell a lie, that is also reasonable? Is it right...

Actually it is not cheated since when the buyer ordered I have email to her for:thanks for your purchase of 2gb....", but no rejection then I ship the item of 2gb.

If as a buyer can tell a lie so freely, I think sellers will very difficult to sell smoothly, since if buyer wanted to look for some disadvantage for you, they will have many chances.

For this order if the buyers didn't like the item, they can contact me that they don't like it or need return, or refund, that only needs them to pay the returning charges, why leave such untruth feedback?

So I advise there must have some limitation rules upon buyers...

Now I don't mean I want to change or break eCrater's rule though other website can allow such way and no problems, but I only sincerely hope to remove this unfair feedback,

And absolutely I will list only one capacity in one listing to meet your rules.

Yes as a seller we never know what kind of buyer your next one is, and even you do well, still there are some mistake that some buyers can say, but most buyers are good.
anniepurchase

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

delivery time you say 7-15 days
that's not what they buyer got
PLUS
you sent them something they didn't want - they wanted the 16gb you have stated in the title for the price you have in the price area.

Just because you are doing it wrong .. don't care what you do other places .. don't mean the feedback left is unwarranted.

Yes as the shipping time on usps, it is within 15 days.
And for the capacity, when the buyer ordered I have email to her for sending 2gb.

If you need the certificate to prove above, I can submit the tracking information on usps.com(totally within 15 days) and the email for sending 2gb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: