eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Who wants to lay odds on the outcome of this situation?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Mom sold her house to the people who's house she had bought. They just shuttled between the two for most of the day. I hope all goes well for you.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you can do with a house, unless you are a hoarder, is not the same as 2 very crowded apartments. All I have packed so far is about half my books and I already have a 6 x 6 x 6 square of boxes of books.

My neighbor just has not thrown anything out.

Apartments were not meant to serve as warehouses and dwellings.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maggiethehousecat wrote:

I thought that is how the name (ware)house came into being. Wink

For those seller's that hold physical inventory (as opposed to the drop shippers) I wonder how many cubic-feet their inventory takes up. My best off the top of my head calculation is that my inventory is somewhere north of 4,000 cubic feet (i.e. 800 square-feet stacked 5-ft high). Maybe 2 or 3 semi-trailer loads. Way too much I keep telling myself. I keep telling myself. I keep telling myself. Cool
viewfinders

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosmic ray do you live in a barn or Buckingham Palace?
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dred the day my washer and/or dryer need to be replaced. The laundry room is at the back of the garage. And the 1 1/2 car garage is full of stuff. I know where everything is...if I had to move it I'd loose everything!
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
maggiethehousecat wrote:

For those seller's that hold physical inventory (as opposed to the drop shippers) I wonder how many cubic-feet their inventory takes up. My best off the top of my head calculation is that my inventory is somewhere north of 4,000 cubic feet (i.e. 800 square-feet stacked 5-ft high). Maybe 2 or 3 semi-trailer loads. Way too much I keep telling myself. I keep telling myself. I keep telling myself. Cool

I have a 2500 sq ft house and a 900 sq ft basement. I would say at least 50% of the place is inventory. The basement has 25 gorilla shelves with 15 bins each filled with stuff, plus all the hanging space.
I have 1 and a 1/2 bedrooms, a dinning room and a front room, a hall closet and 2/3 of my closet all packed with my inventory.

Oh ... and it's all got to be gone by May 2012!
ethaibid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat wrote:
I suggested she take the apartment next door but she hates the people above that suite more than she hates the man above her.

That's a whole lot of HATE...

Maybe she should seek counseling Rolling Eyes
ethaibid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
cosmicray wrote:
maggiethehousecat wrote:

I have a 2500 sq ft house and a 900 sq ft basement. I would say at least 50% of the place is inventory. The basement has 25 gorilla shelves with 15 bins each filled with stuff, plus all the hanging space.
I have 1 and a 1/2 bedrooms, a dinning room and a front room, a hall closet and 2/3 of my closet all packed with my inventory.

Oh ... and it's all got to be gone by May 2012!

How's that going? I remember in another thread reading about the difficulties you've had trying to unload your stock. Any luck getting rid of all that inventory?
I have way too much inventory too, but no time pressure to get rid of it.
Best of luck!
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I get moved I'm going to try advertising category sales on Craigslist, to see if I can appeal to particular interests, like vintage linens one month, books another, handbags another, etc. Not open house but by appointment. That might bring in specific collectors and not the usual yard sale bottom of the barrel people.
WellspringChakra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be very careful about inviting anyone to your home through Craig's List. I only advertise a single item and then meet any interested parties at a Starbucks. Then again, I live in a fairly highly populated area.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't win for losing. Yesterday I went to the local liquor store to stock up on boxes. There was no parking spot in the parking lot except the handicap spots. I pulled into one. First time in my life I've ever done that.
So I made 3 trips in and out of the liquor store and came out last time to find a parking ticket on my car. $70. I called the number on the ticket and told them I was asthmatic and couldn't walk to the far end of the parking lot carrying armloads of boxes. She said if my doctor would write a note saying she was treating me for asthma they would cancel the ticket. Doc refuses even though she regularly prescribes my asthma medication.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You still haven't moved? LOL, you sound like me ... takes forever.

I got until the end of May then my house has to be empty enough to put on the market.

handicap parking tickets here are $150
and you can't get off with a doctors note, that's so high schoolish, lol
If your doctor didn't sign the papers and you go get the tag BEFORE the ticket, than the ticket stands.
My last and final handicap parking pass expired the end of November! I got spoiled!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used a pass as I can always find a space close to a handicapped spot or sometimes closer...till yesterday.

I'm moving on the 6th. It just takes a long time to pack up 5 stores and my personal property, especially when you are one person with health problems.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:

I'm moving on the 6th. It just takes a long time to pack up 5 stores and my personal property, especially when you are one person with health problems.

Understand. I'm one person with a whole huge house to sell ... not pack up, I can't possible fit anything but me, my TV and computers and sewing machines, etc into my van when the house sells.
BUT like I said, I got until May to sell off everything so I can even put the house on the market.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure if I had a house I would become a hoarder. Not a filthy one with dead cats under boxes but tons of 'stuff'. I'm always looking at magazines with stripped, minimalist decors and thinking how restful they look but then wonder if they have a floor reserved for stuff that never gets photographed for the mags.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: