eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Phone Number Public

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeautyBargains4u

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Phone Number Public Reply with quote

Can someone please tell me why our phone numbers are public on eCRATER? I am getting inquiries via phone, and I want people to contact me only via email.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see your phone number anywhere in your text pages of your store. I did notice you accept Google Checkout. When you log into your Google Checkout account, on the page for My Sales, there are 4 tabs with the last one being "Setting". When you click on Settings, look for the section called "Public Business information and see if your phone number is listed there. It is optional and you can delete the number. If the phone number is listed there, it will appear at the top of the page as part of your address when a customer clicks on Google Checkout in your store even if they don't complete the sale.

That's the only place I could think of that a customer would be getting your phone number.
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I share the same sentiments, but having a potential customer call on the phone, and being able to talk to a real, live person is just the proof some folks need to verify you are a legitimate business.
BeautyBargains4u

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Phone Number Public Reply with quote

Thank you! The reason the potential buyer contacted me was because she said that it showed that I accepted only Google Checkout payment, and she wanted to pay w/PayPal. However, I also have PayPal listed as a payment source, so this is confusing to me. Sheila, are you seeing on my listing that I accept only Google CO? By the way, I did remove my phone number for Google CO.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click Buy Now on an item in your store and you'll see the check-out page as the customer sees it. (Just be sure to back-out and delete the item from your cart. DO NOT under any case complete the checkout in your own store for yourself by signing into your Google Account or clicking Submit!) There are two options labeled "Alternative Checkout" and Google Checkout". Some customers don't realize they have to click on Alternative Checkout to see PayPal, checks, money orders etc. You can click on either button yourself to see the next page, but then you'll need to back out.

When I started selling on eCrater my first customer had a problem with finding PayPal checkout. I add a question in my FAQs "How do I pay using PayPal?" Either folks are reading the answer or haven't had a problem since then.

I put an item in your store in my cart and selected Google Checkout to check and your phone number is no longer seen. Very Happy
sdrows

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:

When I started selling on eCrater my first customer had a problem with finding PayPal checkout. I add a question in my FAQs "How do I pay using PayPal?" Either folks are reading the answer or haven't had a problem since then Very Happy

Thanks SheilaDeesPostcards. Good ideal. Just added it to my FAG.
BeautyBargains4u

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Phone Number Public Reply with quote

Thanks, Sheila!
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had similar problems because the first page of checkout is GCO and alternative.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: