eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Drive more traffic to your eCRATER store
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
earthdefence

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=26223

Quote:
I would like to recommend the following popular forum as a way to promoting your ecrater stores and bring a lot of traffic to them. This forum is geared at collectors looking for all kinds of nice and unique items:

http://www.rarityguide.com/forums/grand-bazaar/

forum allows and even encourages store advertising. All posts there are automatically fed to search engines, twitter, facebook, and other social media. So its worth a shot if you want to drive even more traffic to your Ecrater store
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
dehartconnections

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I post products on face book& twitter & topix I had 500 very nice cards printed up & I pass out every where I go
thewrightbiz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Drive more traffic to your eCRATER store Reply with quote

ecrater wrote:

3) Make Google Checkout badge to appear next to your Google Products Listings
- Click on the Setting tabs
- Fill out your eCRATER store's URL in the field "Public business website"

If you complete these 4 steps your store will appear in Google Products in a similar way as thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat's store appears.

http://www.google.com/products?q=thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat&btnG=Search+Products&hl=en&show=dd

Please note that it takes time for your checkout badge and your eCRATER ratings to appear next to your Google Products listings. We cannot estimate how much time the process will take.

Can I see a sample of the Google badge? I don't know what the heck that is, do you have a sample to show us?
kathys

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do show up in google shopping, BUT in Google checkout, it states to get the icon, you must be using Adsense to advertise. It's a tradeoff.

"AdWords ads that display this URL will display Google Checkout badges"

Sad
sassypast

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: I don't understand the attributes at all Reply with quote

Hi,

I have stores in other locations, and they do not have anything about google attributes. I have continued to put in different information, and I just don't get it. Can someone help?
decoroilpaintings

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do want to use google checkout to get more traffic. But it seems only people live in US,UK could register a account. It is no place to register a google checkout account in China. Or if someone know how to do it? Thanks.
dehartconnections

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I join google checkout to get more traffic months ago with ZERO results
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

decoroilpaintings, the Google Checkout is only available for selling in the US and UK, but for buying have support for more countries.

In my opinion a stupid move from Google because users want a payment method to be used as buyers and sellers.

dehartconnections, signing for Google Checkout will not give you "literally" more traffic. But if any buyer believe that "PayPal is the only evil company" it supposed that he/she will prefer to visit a store with other payment options like GCO.
dehartconnections

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles---- ok then WHAT will draw more sales & traffic I have been with ECRATER allmost a year now beating my brains out tryin t make this stre work---thanks
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously eCrater have alliance with Google. So that is the reason they sell that option as a way to get more "traffic". In real life as I said to you people trying to escape the "evil" PayPal will prefer your store.

I was looking your store. Are you a catalog seller?

For example looking in Froogle (Google Product Search) the item "SHARP
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how they do it, but I am 99% certain Google have a way to list in search higher, goods from stores which offer payment by Google Checkout than stores that do not offer GC.

It makes sense when you think about it as Google make money when someone uses GC to make a payment.

I believe if the same item is in two stores, one offers GC and the other only paypal, the item in the store offering GC which show much higher in Google searches that the item where you can only use paypal to make payment.

My stores only offer Card payment by GC and we do fantastically well and I do not buy and Google related advertising, bt as my sales increase I pay more to Google in the form of commission for Google Checkout.

I like the idea. Keep up the good work Google Smile
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I join google checkout to get more traffic months ago with ZERO results

That is a way to gain very minimal traffic if that is your only thing you are doing to promote your store. Since he is back after a long absence it feels like, you might want to follow the posts the John in the Ukraine has made over the years (his post is right before this one). He is a wizard in promoting his stores and uses every technique he can find. I know when I started here, I followed many of his ideas with good results. Very Happy

I do think that way back when ecrater and google had a closer relationship than they do now and that helped many of us at the beginning, but now we have to market our stores in a smart way. What works for one might not work for another because of the inventory that you sell. I have been reading a book on on-line marketing and am kicking myself for not seeing some ways of marketing that I have completely missed that I now want to try. So I suggest peopel look to both websites, blogs and yes even this forum for ideas, but also some of the latest books on marketing on line. If the book is 5 years old it is proably out of date although you may be able to pull some nuggets out of it. Through inter-library loans you can usually get books for free to study for a few weeks.

I haven't gotten into Pininterest yet, but want to look into that and also your tube and flicker as ways to promote my goods. I don't want to go in and start throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks, but I want to do a logical way of using these sites and I think that is one of the more important things to do. I've heard using at least one hour a day to 1/3 of your time as the time you should be putting aside to promote your store.
dehartconnections

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not getting into Pininterest I did sign in for it but jus not interested I spend more then an hour every day promting my store there s jus way more to do then Pininterest
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just signed up for Pinterest yesterday, finally. I wanted to have time to figure it out and spend some time with it. Probably most of the rest of the week will be devoted to it. Promoting my store aside, Pinterest will give me the ability to do some of the things I'd been wanting to do with my blog and FB account, only Pinterest makes it simpler! Woke up this morning to find that I had a follower or whatever they call it, so 2 of those already Very Happy I do see a good way to use it to advertise my products as well. I know from Google analytics I have received visitors from there even when I didn't have an account yet.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine wrote:
Not sure how they do it, but I am 99% certain Google have a way to list in search higher, goods from stores which offer payment by Google Checkout than stores that do not offer GC.

Yes, it is by making your store a Google Trusted Store. http://www.google.com/trustedstores/merchants/

Which is not available if you are using Ecrater but you can do it if you have your own standalone website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: