eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

UK buyes not paying shipping
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamcottage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: UK buyes not paying shipping Reply with quote

For the past 2 weeks I've been getting a ton of sales from the UntedKingdom. i don't know why they have started buying from me. But the problem is that they are paying in international currency and they are not paying shipping. So I have had to deny all payments thru PayPal and cancel all orders.

Is there a way to fix this? When I list my items on Ecrater there are only spaces to fill in US shipping and Canada shipping. Any help you can give will be appreciated.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: UK buyes not paying shipping Reply with quote

Dreamcottage wrote:
For the past 2 weeks I've been getting a ton of sales from the UntedKingdom. i don't know why they have started buying from me.

B/c your UK store is open and live. See http://dreamcottage.ecrater.co.uk . You also have an Australian store at http://dreamcottage.ecrater.com.au

Dreamcottage wrote:
Is there a way to fix this? When I list my items on Ecrater there are only spaces to fill in US shipping and Canada shipping.

You have UK shipping enabled somewhere.

In your US store, I can click on "more destinations" for shipping and get the following popup box: "The merchant offers the following shipping options to United Kingdom:Regular United Kingdom : $0.00"

In your UK store, it says: "Shipping: United Kingdom: free" ... and same thing for the Australia store.

Check the shipping zones you have active under Shipping and Taxes in the store admin. Also see the Tips tab of the admin for information on the UK and Australia stores. Also see the many threads about selling in UK and Australia, incl a recent thread on how to disable. Search function appears to be down (for me) at the moment, so you may need to scroll.

ETA: Search is back up (for me). Here are 2 posts that might be helpful:

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=28803
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=28806
wendysbookstore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dreamcottage,

Quote:
For the past 2 weeks I've been getting a ton of sales from the UntedKingdom. i don't know why they have started buying from me. But the problem is that they are paying in international currency and they are not paying shipping. So I have had to deny all payments thru PayPal and cancel all orders.

Is there a way to fix this? When I list my items on Ecrater there are only spaces to fill in US shipping and Canada shipping. Any help you can give will be appreciated.

Go to Shipping & Taxes > Shipping Matrix

Add your pricing for Australia and United Kingdom.

If you do not want to ship to Australia and United Kingdom.

Go to Shipping & Taxes > Shipping Zones

Remove Australia and United Kingdom

At this time you have free shipping for these countries: Australia and United Kingdom.

Quote:
Dreamcottage wrote:
For the past 2 weeks I've been getting a ton of sales from the UntedKingdom. i don't know why they have started buying from me.

B/c your UK store is open and live. See http://dreamcottage.ecrater.co.uk . You also have an Australian store at http://dreamcottage.ecrater.com.au

Dreamcottage wrote:
Is there a way to fix this? When I list my items on Ecrater there are only spaces to fill in US shipping and Canada shipping.

You have UK shipping enabled somewhere.

In your US store, I can click on "more destinations" for shipping and get the following popup box: "The merchant offers the following shipping options to United Kingdom:Regular United Kingdom : $0.00"

In your UK store, it says: "Shipping: United Kingdom: free" ... and same thing for the Australia store.

Check the shipping zones you have active under Shipping and Taxes in the store admin. Also see the Tips tab of the admin for information on the UK and Australia stores. Also see the many threads about selling in UK and Australia, incl a recent thread on how to disable. Search function appears to be down (for me) at the moment, so you may need to scroll.
Dreamcottage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thank you so much, I believe I have not disabled the UK and Australian stores. I would not have found this by myself.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The items are still free in the store.
Dreamcottage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only zones that show up in "selected zones" are US (Mainland), Alaska, Hawaii and Canada. Maybe it takes 24 hours to update. Do you know if anything else I would need to do? I do not wish to sell internationally at this time. Thanks, millie
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreamcottage wrote:
The only zones that show up in "selected zones" are US (Mainland), Alaska, Hawaii and Canada. Maybe it takes 24 hours to update. Do you know if anything else I would need to do? I do not wish to sell internationally at this time. Thanks, millie

read this post (the first one) ...
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?p=205869#205869

The important part is
Quote:
If you want to get rid of the GBP prices then just use the global editor and select action "set UK price" and select operator "delete"

Once you get rid of UK prices, then you need to do the same for AU prices. That should (after the global changes run) cause your UK and AU stores to appear empty.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreamcottage wrote:
The only zones that show up in "selected zones" are US (Mainland), Alaska, Hawaii and Canada.

Your US store is now not showing shipping to UK and Australia, as you wanted. But the UK and Australia stores still show free shipping. See the Links posted above with instructions from eCrater on what to do.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreamcottage, the items still free. Please read again the recommendations from the others sellers.

Sometimes I update items S&H. If you do it manually you will see it in the moment. And with the Global Editor in less than 3 hours.
Dreamcottage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. right now I believe I fixed the conversion to US$. But I'm at a loss on the free shipping. In shipping zones I only show USmainland, Hawaii, Alaska and Canada. Do I now have to enable UK and Australia again. Then once I do that do I have to manually insert a weight into all my items? I've always used 0 as I used fixed price shipping to the US and Canada. So if I do have to do that then how to I insert shipping to the UK. Will I have to use the shipping matrix. if so how do I do that. And what are the weight scales small, medium large and how to they enter in the whole mess.
wendysbookstore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dreamcottage,

Check here: http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=28917

Quote:
If for some reason you do not want to have your products listed in ecrater.com.au anymore please follow these two steps:

1) make sure you checked the Do not auto convert prices in other currencies option in the Options menu.

2) Use Global Editor, choose set AU price and then choose delete as an operator.
wendysbookstore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell Dreamcottage,

Do the same for UK as well.

If for some reason you do not want to have your products listed in ecrater.co.uk anymore please follow these two steps:

1) make sure you checked the Do not auto convert prices in other currencies option in the Options menu.

2) Use Global Editor, choose set UK price and then choose delete as an operator.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some strange unknown reason eCrater decide that the S&H for UK and Australia must be fill using the Shipping Matrix or enabling the calculator. I don't like the Shipping Matrix, but I will not recommend the calculator because you can't add a handling fee and depends of the connection with the USPS site.
williamstimetunnel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm getting a few UK orders myself, though I can't recall approving a UK store. I've had to deny two payments. However, I did email these potential customers filling them in on what the total cost would be including shipping. If they want it bad enough, we can do it off-site via PayPal. Other than Canada, I've always handled foreign orders privately via PayPal.
normasbathandbody

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

I'll jump on board and say that I have the same issue! I've had two UK orders here just today only. one cancelled. and the other is pending. shipping is NOT FREE. I've got to figure this out fast. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: