eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

PSA: USPS closed on Friday, November 11 - Veterans Day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: PSA: USPS closed on Friday, November 11 - Veterans Day Reply with quote

http://about.usps.com/news/service-alerts/2011-federal-holidays.htm
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird having a holiday on a Friday and on lots of people's payday--banks are closed as well!
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh crap, I didn't think about the paycheck thing. I'm looking at my calendar, yup, DH gets paid Friday. Since it's direct deposit I wonder when it will appear...or will it be pending until Monday?

I had one of the clerks laughing this week. The Postmaster posted the Thanksgiving schedule. I read it and said "Oh, you're working on Thanksgiving." The notice didn't mention Thanksgiving Day itself, just the two days after.

Be interesting to see if it's changed when I go later in the week.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyreeTrading wrote:
Oh crap, I didn't think about the paycheck thing. I'm looking at my calendar, yup, DH gets paid Friday. Since it's direct deposit I wonder when it will appear...or will it be pending until Monday?

Don't your bank work on Saturday? Mine does.

Their will be a whole lot of people screaming if paychecks aren't credited to their accounts for 4 days! Imagine people that live paycheck to paycheck needing groceries on Friday and the debit card is declined. YUKS!
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Around here, direct deposits that fall on a holiday go in the day before. That's both for the teachers who are still working and for those of us receiving retirement pay from the state. I'm the bookkeeper for our local teachers' credit union; and when we set up direct deposit/draft/ACH capabilities, the woman who set us up suggested that we make deposits go in the day before a holiday but make drafts come out a day later for our members' convenience. So it seems to be up to the company involved whether it goes a day early or later.

If payday falls on Monday for me, my money is there after midnight Friday night and available for me to use on Saturday, since the weekend is all dated Monday at the bank.
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our small town Post Office will be closed both Friday, 11/11/11 and Sat., 11/12/11 for this Veteran's Day holiday. Folks should check with their Post Office if they were hoping to mail packages on Saturday.
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deposits after 2pm are credited the next day.
Deposits after 2 pm Friday are credited the following Monday.

It's a local bank where a checking account is free, no charges to use your debit card, ATM use is free if in network and when you go in, you see the same tellers.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are still a few holidays that are related to a date and haven't been changed. Veteran's Day has been November 11th as long as I can remember. Two other dates are July 4th and December 25th. You've got a 1 in 7 chance it will be on a Friday. Laughing
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure eventually they will find a way to change the 4th of July and Christmas to give long weekends somehow. New Year's Day also. One of the towns in my area had trick or treating on Thursday the 27th this year!
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad the PO is closed today... gives me a full day to list items rather than have to spend time packaging/shipping. Like a bonus Sunday!

FYI I shipped some Express mail yesterday and it is being delivered today, so that is good to know. The website said it would, but you never know.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was sooo looking forward to sleeping in today knowing that nothing needed to get out to the mail. Of course, I had a bad night's sleep and got up at my usual time! Tonight I'll proably sleep like a log and miss the mailman tomorrow. We can't take the mail out the night before as the mailbox has been hit by too many snowplows or teens with baseball bats and the mail has ended up in the ditch.
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I totally forgot and rushed around last night getting several large packages ready Shocked
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now you don't have to do it tonight! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: