eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google "Free Shipping" problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwc4701

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Google "Free Shipping" problem Reply with quote

Google product search shows "free shipping" for my items, but my shipping is calculated, not free. I have recently filled out the matrix and specified calculated shipping. What else can I do to fix this problem?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You MUST put valid values in the shipping matrix. Failure to do that can cause what you are describing, as well as lead to potential problems when the USPS site gets overloaded (as is likely to happen between now and Dec 25th.

Come up with some numbers for the shipping matrix, they have to be exact, but do have to be numbers you can live with if/when it is used.

edit: did you fill in the shipping matrix since the last GB/GPS feed ? If so, then GB has not yet updated with the new values.

By chance, has GB 'disapproved' any of your items ? If that is true, then the items that currently show in GPS will not be updated until you fix what is causing the problem. If no valid feed for a while (possibly 30 days), eventually they will get dropped.
dwc4701

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have good values in the matrix, so I don't think that is the problem. Also, I have no indication that google has disapproved any of my items. I only realised about a day and a half ago that the matrix needed filling, so that was recent. However, I don't know how often the feeds take place.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dwc4701 wrote:
I only realised about a day and a half ago that the matrix needed filling, so that was recent. However, I don't know how often the feeds take place.

I *think* once or twice a week, so it is possible that the changes to the matrix have not yet propagated to GB/GPS.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also takes Google a while to catch on after they receive the feed.
dwc4701

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the replies. I'll wait and watch.
Art-Objects

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: FREE SHIPPING Reply with quote

Hi,
My problem is the opposite:
I'm trying to get Google to accept my FREE SHIPPING, but it keeps saying that the shipping is calculated.
Do I have to put 0 weight to get Google to indicate free shipping in the description? If so, what could be the risk?
Thanks for your reply
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: FREE SHIPPING Reply with quote

Art-Objects wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to get Google to accept my FREE SHIPPING, but it keeps saying that the shipping is calculated.
Do I have to put 0 weight to get Google to indicate free shipping in the description? If so, what could be the risk?
Thanks for your reply

You have the USPS Calculator turned on for your store.

You are NOT offering free shipping.
You can't do free shipping and have the USPS Calculator turned on
It's one or the other ... not both
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: FREE SHIPPING Reply with quote

Art-Objects wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for your reply
Google Products Search is showing your items with FREE SHIPPING. Your eCRATER store is showing calculated shipping because you have selected calculated shipping for your store. If you do not want to use calculated shipping, go to your admin page, under Account click Options. Scroll down to "Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead" and remove the check mark.
Art-Objects

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: FREE SHIPPING Reply with quote

Than you so very much for your answers. I have corrected my ignorance!..
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: FREE SHIPPING Reply with quote

Art-Objects wrote:
Than you so very much for your answers. I have corrected my ignorance!..

Did you remember to click Update at the bottom when you removed the checkmark from the Enable USPS Calculator box? The calculator is still turned on, at least in this store. Or do you have another store that you were working on? This one has no free shipping that I can find.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: