eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

accepting payments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
endlesspossibilities

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: accepting payments Reply with quote

Are payments usually due at the time of the sale, or in a day or so? I guess I'm too use to ebay.

thanks
Corine
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Payments are due when you say they are due in your terms of service. The majority of orders are paid during the check-out process. Remember, you don't have a sale until they pay. Sometimes people will place things in the shopping cart then leave the site without completing the check-out. How you handle that is your choice. There are no fees charged to you by eCRATER so you haven't lost anything if they don't pay. Also, the item stays available for sale if the customer doesn't pay instantly through check-out so if you want to reserve the item for the customer to pay later, you'll need to hide the item.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

save the headaches

Require payment immediately.
endlesspossibilities

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: accepting payments Reply with quote

Ok. How do I put payments due immediately in the listing?

thanks
Corine
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: accepting payments Reply with quote

endlesspossibilities wrote:
How do I put payments due immediately in the listing?

You don't. That information would be considered boilerplate and violates eCrater and Google Product Search terms (might be worthwhile to read them for more tips). It goes in your store Terms and possibly FAQ. Electronic payments thru PayPal and GCO are immediate. If you offer payment thru money order or checks, you can set the terms on your Terms page.
endlesspossibilities

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I put it in my terms.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking out on ecrater takes the buyer immediately to payment pages with no way to say, no thanks I don't want to pay now maybe another day. Payments through GCO either are immediate or you never even know the person was trying to buy. The abandon cart syndrome only comes from PP (or MO and checks if you take them) where a customer can walk away, or in the event that PP is having one of it's frequent glitches, they couldn't pay. I have a personalized invoice that I send to those PP 'orders' that seem to be hanging out there for more than a couple of hours (after checking first to be sure that the payment hasn't come in). 10-20% of the buyers will pay over the week I give them, about 1-2% will ask that the sale be cancelled and the rest you never hear from them again. That 10-20% makes it worth the effort to try to rescue the sale.

For all practical purposes, ecrater is set up for immediate payment which most webstores and mail order stores expect. Can you imagine going to Walmart on line and 'buy' and then walk away and come back in a week or so and expect to pay then? Some of the bigger places may have the item in their cart but it is subject to prior sales. Or even walking into a regular Walmart store, fill up a cart and ask them to hold all the items till you feel like paying if you ever do. Ebay was set up on the honor system at the beginning although not much honor there now, that is what people got used to and that is how they got into taking their time about paying. It isn't how most places work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: