eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Quick way to compare pricing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Quick way to compare pricing Reply with quote

Found this little gem, may be useful in helping decide where to start your pricing. Some of these are auctions, others are Froogle, etc., pretty darned handy!

http://www.pheebay.com/index.php?pr=Free_Multi_Auction_Search
2BOYSandTOYS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eleganza - thanks so much for sharing.....very slick!! Smile Wink

Erin
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Slick! Reply with quote

Handy tool and time saver - thanks! You are always coming up with something neat.

Mary
EverythingNice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious! Thanks for sharing that! Wink
ljstores

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Eleganza

LJ
rainbowseeker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked Sunray on Pheebay to create a stand alone page for me with this search on it so I could promote it on my eBay About Me Page. If anyone else would like to do that the link is:
http://www.netstoresearch.com/searchdemo.html

There is also easy to add script at the bottom of search page so you can create a banner to add to your website. This is a very good tool to help this eCrater site and others like it get more attention. Please be sure to try it and spread the word. If you haven't visited Pheebay yet drop by.....great place to promote yourself, your website and your stores. Very Happy
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rainbowseeker wrote:
I asked Sunray on Pheebay to create a stand alone page for me with this search on it so I could promote it on my eBay About Me Page.

I have a feeling eBay will be dropping you an e-mail if anyone reports your ME page...
rainbowseeker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have a feeling eBay will be dropping you an e-mail if anyone reports your ME page...

It's perfectly legal....it's a link and not in my auctions. You can link to anything you like and this also searches eBay and allows you to compare prices. What can be wrong with that?

I also have a link to my eCrater store and a link to a RW shop I am in......those are all perfectly legal as well. You just can't do it in your auction copy. Also it's been there since the day after the search went live and even the eBay old timer's I sent it too thought it was great. I posted in on several threads as well and no one removed it.

I think you are worried over nothing, but thanks for your concern.
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Mary, if you saw how disorganized my favorite links folder is, you'd be shocked lol...I am horrible about browsing and googling instead of WORKING! Embarassed

<super impressed Everything knows how to spell that other "super" word!>
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an interesting site. Especially since you can enter Froogle as your auction site and it will bring up all the sites the feed to Froogle. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rainbowseeker wrote:
Quote:

It's perfectly legal....it's a link and not in my auctions. You can link to anything you like and this also searches eBay and allows you to compare prices. What can be wrong with that?

Well, in eBay-land everything is legal until it's reported and the right (or wrong) eBay monkey handles the report.

I have difficulty believing that eBay would like a link on a ME page that links to all of its competitors. I know you can link to stores on ME pages but I also know that you can't link to other eBay-like venues and it seems like this search feature would fall into that realm.

But, hey, I'm not complaining. I'd never report something like that myself but I think it's entirely likely that you could get a slap on the wrist if it is reported.

Just sayin' is all.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poopsheet you are so right about the eb monkeys. They get a report and click, you are on the Sh** list. They never read their own rules and regulations nor do they read the supposedly offending site.

It used to be allowed to have one subtle link on your me page to your off ebay website. They may have changed that since I left. I've never been back. I do know there are ebayers who do nothing but look for members to report. Glad I don't have their karma.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: