eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Suggestion needed to make this store a success

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FashionsForHer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Suggestion needed to make this store a success Reply with quote

Hi all -
I am BigTallMensClothing
This is another one of my stores.

I just don't get it. I have a sale every blue moon from this store. I promote and advertise it just as much as my mens store. But I don't sell nearly as much.

Is it my prices?

What do you suggest to make this store as successful as my mens store?

I am all ears!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
silvermoonxtreme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know my wife was looking for jeans in this store, but she said it didnt have enough selection. Other than that it looks fine to me.
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's right, very nice store, good prices, but not enough selection....
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok --- I'll focus on stocking it with more inventory!

Thanks!
htstore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this won't help much, but I will say it anyway.

The model for your tops section?? BLECK! I'm sure the lady is very pretty, but the top she is wearing isn't attractive the way it is presented. It could just be the way the program cropped it or something.
moonlightpotionsandlotions

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I hope this does not offend but it is somethign that you might want to remedy.

The "THIS IS AN E BOOK - it is sent to you via an email link. Nothing will be mailed to you. " Should be up higher and the description a little less because I got past 2.5 paragraphs and was a little disinterested.

the details should be up top so that the buyer will understand what exactly they will be getting without having to scroll to the very bottom.

and maybe you should have a books section and have a few other books there as well.

Note: This is in the point of view of a female who likes to read e books and has searched the internet many times for them.

And the price is a little high too. You don't have to worry about paper costs or the cost of re listing it. you only send them an email. and you paid what for the book in the first time.

This is, once again, from a frequent e book reader. and potential buyer.
FashionsForHer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not the author of that ebook - only an authorized seller. This ebook is priced the same everywhere on the net. I sell it only because it appeals to my buyers (BBW clothing).

I don't sell books. They are not the focus of my store. That one book is available and probably will be the only book. It gets me lots of lookers! That book has more hits then any item in my store month after month. Which is why I have it in my store.

I am not at all concerned about the book.

My store focus is on clothing.
silvermoonxtreme

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a spammer slipped through.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoonxtreme wrote:
Looks like a spammer slipped through.

AH, but only for a moment.
bargainsthatrock

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eleganzajewels wrote:
I think that's right, very nice store, good prices, but not enough selection....

What is a good number to shoot for in terms of selection?
retroattic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if you are a man or a woman but you have to think like woman when you are setting up your shop. I want to buy things that are going to make me feel pretty and good about myself. If I see something that looks stylish on someone else then I think maybe it is going to make me look and feel stylish. I think men are probably more practical in their buying and don't worry about this stuff.

So, my point is....maybe try styling your clothes to make them look really fashionable and attractive. I like to see clothes on a model. I didn't look at your whole shop but the first pic I saw didn't have clothes on a model (or mannequin). Try adding jewelry, scarves, whatever to show off the clothes and then just make it clear in the listing that they are not a part of the listing. I hope this makes sense. Really use your pictures to sell your clothes.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PLUS SIZE clothing is NOT on a model or mannequin because they simply don't fit. To pin them totally changes the shape and look of the item. For example a panel front skirt might have 4 front panels - you put that on a mannequin and attempt to make it looks like it fits and you will only see 2 panels in front. I think that is deceiving.
My junior and misses items are on a mannequin.

Plus size mannequins are very expensive and not easily found. Many Lane Bryant stores don't even have mannequins. One reason (other then expense) is because the plus size clothing is still too big on a plus size mannequin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: