eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Help I sell Collectibles with no upc codes How to list

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamersgal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:02 am    Post subject: Help I sell Collectibles with no upc codes How to list Reply with quote

I have been hours reading forums Please guide me TO THE RIGHT INFO on how to correctly list older items before upc codes were invented . My thoughts are I do every item google has rejected one by one and ask for exemption one by one. Just need to know from one sho also sells collectibles how they did it Happy the forum is here
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask eCrater for an exemption.
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of my vintage items I've been able to fix using brand and MPN. Glassware for example - you can add the brand and pattern number which is sufficient. Remember before filing for an exemption, fill in any attributes such as brand, colors, size or material i.e. that might apply to your items. This will increase your chances for an exemption! If G thinks you are just sliding thru because you sell vintage items, I doubt you will be granted the exemption.
PiecesofthePast

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its very strange that I was able to receive an exemption from google for my ecrater store last April but when I applied for an exemption for a UK store with the exact same merchandise I was denied. I don't think I am going to lose any sleep over it because I don't seem to have received any interest from the so called UK or AU stores which ecrater has set up. I sell vintage and was denied because my UPC's are incorrect. I don't have them or eans or jans. It makes no sense.
Just in case I did set the matrix up and enable usps for UK and AU.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiecesofthePast wrote:
Its very strange that I was able to receive an exemption from google for my ecrater store last April but when I applied for an exemption for a UK store with the exact same merchandise I was denied.

I don't think you're alone in this. Google made several changes in what they require between April and September. And, of course, I'm sure they'll keep on changing things. Rolling Eyes
Quote:
I don't think I am going to lose any sleep over it

Best attitude to have. Google is not the only route to sales, even if they want us to think so!
Quote:

Make sure you have selected everything for the international calculator. Right now your shipping for UK and AU is coming up $0.00 and not showing any choices of shipping services, like First Class Mail International, Priority Mail International, etc. Your US shipping seems to be set up correctly, although you have Media Mail selected and since it's going to be the cheapest (usually), customers may choose it for items that are not eligible.
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiecesofthePast wrote:
Its very strange that I was able to receive an exemption from google for my ecrater store last April but when I applied for an exemption for a UK store with the exact same merchandise I was denied. I don't think I am going to lose any sleep over it because I don't seem to have received any interest from the so called UK or AU stores which ecrater has set up. I sell vintage and was denied because my UPC's are incorrect. I don't have them or eans or jans. It makes no sense.

I had the same experience. I just received from Google a list of 12 items that they say have invalid upi's and I need to remove or correct these. It seems it mostly has to to due with vintage postcards so I'll remove the mpi numbers I thought would work. And then I'll reapply for an exemption in 3 days (Googles instruction.) Interestingly a spot check indicates my items are showing up in Google search UK.
PiecesofthePast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wt

I spent hours changing to wt dependable but knew that a few had been missed but have not had time to go back. Re: google, I found that if I had the pattern number as a mpn, that red mark will go away.
I am stumped as to what I should put down for "hankies", vintage music and books and postcards. Has anyone resolved that issue?
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiecesofthePast wrote:
wt

I spent hours changing to wt dependable but knew that a few had been missed but have not had time to go back. Re: google, I found that if I had the pattern number as a mpn, that red mark will go away.
I am stumped as to what I should put down for "hankies", vintage music and books and postcards. Has anyone resolved that issue?

Ask for an exemption.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiecesofthePast wrote:
wt

I spent hours changing to wt dependable but knew that a few had been missed but have not had time to go back.

Sorry, I clicked on 4 different things and none showed anything. After I read your reply, I went back and clicked some more and found the shipping showing up on them. Guess I just hit the wrong ones the first time! Smile
PiecesofthePast

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been having a conversation with ecrater regarding attributes and google. They were kind of enough to let me know which ones were the problem with getting an exemption. I guess I can blame all the confusion of the last 4 or 5 months about what is right and what is wrong about attributes.
My conclusion after cleaning up 132 items is that having the red flag is not a bad thing in fact it is probably good in showing that none of the google attributes apply to your item and I am hoping that means I get a UK exemption for them.
overlandgadgets

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: How do you ask for an exemption? Reply with quote

I sell a lot of records on line and ALL of them were produced before UPC's (most were produced before stereo). I put mpn : and the record number and the little red exclamation point will not go away. On another thread, someone says "Get an exemption from Ecrater." but doesn't say how to go about it. How about an exemption from Google? Up until about a year ago, I sold exclusively on Ebay, where everything is taken care of for you, but lately, for obvious reasons, I've decided to branch out and I found that I am a total idoit as to google and other things concerning selling on line. In most of the forums I've gone to here, If people ask a question, at least 4 or 5 people immediately criticize them and bend over backword to show how much smarter they are than the poster. Acutally, this is about the unfriendliest venue I've seen yet. I have about 200 items listed now and have a couple thousand more to list but if my item aren't going to be shown, why waste my time?
PiecesofthePast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes people get a little testy but usually because the problems are being caused by changes and more changes by google. I have found the people who run the sight will be glad to help you.

On your signin page there is a contact link and that will connect you to the people running the business. After you log in, the next page will have a link to file for a google exemption.

I know exactly how you feel because I have been there and it takes some working through the new way of setting up a store.

Talk to ecrater before you file and they will let you know whether your items will get an exemption. Red flags are not all bad as I have found out, it actually shows google that their are no appropriate attributes for your item.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Get an exemption from Ecrater." but doesn't say how to go about it

When you sign in to your store. The very first page you should see is the page that has information about the Google attributes and filing an exemption. You have to file through ecrater since you do not personally own the ecrater website so they have to run interference for you on that. Since I haven't had to ask for an exemption, that is all I know about it other that what others have written.

Quote:
In most of the forums I've gone to here, If people ask a question, at least 4 or 5 people immediately criticize them and bend over backword to show how much smarter they are than the poster. Acutally, this is about the unfriendliest venue I've seen yet.

Not sure what threads you have been looking at, but I have always found ecrater to be one of the friendliest forums and have the most helpful forum ever in my 10 years experience selling on line. Quite a few of use take hours at times out of our day that we could be spending on our business to help others succeed. What is frustrating though to us, at least it is to me, is when someone is new and hasn't bothered to read up on any of the information available on the forum and wants spoon fed everything. Even though some duplicate questions have been answered many, many times, they ask it again and refuse to go and look for the answer even when there is a current ongoing discussion about what they just asked. They stand around asking 'tell me again'. Perhaps that is what you perceive as critizing, I don't know but I know I feel bad that you would even think such a thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: