eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Im a UK Seller..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kazango123

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Im a UK Seller.. Reply with quote

Hi, I'm a seller from the UK, and i opened my store with you guys at ecrater.co.uk (I'm not sure if its relevant to my question or not..)

but in my store, when i list a product, i have the following fields:

Name*:
Description*:
Picture:
Price*:
PriceGBP(POUNDSIGNS DONT WORK ON THIS FORUM..):

Local Category:
etc etc etc..

what I'm confused about is the 2 "Price" fields.
say i wanted to sell something for 10.00GBP, i guessed i have to write 10.00 in both fields, since i cant leave the "Price*:" field blank.

well what keeps happening is every so often the prices seem to change, and that 10.00GBP listed on the store changes to 6.45GBP.

I'm guessing whats happened is its converting it from 10USD to GBP.

but shouldn't it be the other way around, converting GBP to USD?

I'm quite confused over this matter, and haven't found anything relating to this in the forums (I've been searching for the past few hours now Sad)
any help would be appreciated..

Edited because it kept cutting the post at the pound sign...
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" Price*: " It is for the price in US dollar.

eCrater was originally design to US sellers in mind. You need to know the US$ item value then convert to GBP using a factor in the "Global Editor".

I recommend you search again in the forum. I read some topics about set-up.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCRATER will automatically convert $ to PS if we enable the process. I suggest you email eCRATER and ask if you fill in PS in both spots will eCRATER convert PS to US$.

I only fill in one price and below is a place to fill in PS and AU$. eCRATER does that for me after I list the item.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first price is to be the US dollar which today for something that is showing 10.00GPB would be about $15.30US or there abouts.

Currently the GP pound is about $1.50 in US. I found the easiest thing for me is to have a cheat sheet of what the conversion is from US to GPB for the usual prices that I list. I suspect that what is happening is the ecrater computer knows that having the same price in oth spaces is wrong so they convert the US price to GPB which is less, you need it to go the other direction. You can probably do this in the Global editor by clicking on the set US price, the operator is the * , the amount should be somewhere around 1.540. If this doesn't get the prices turned around, you can either manually do it or ask the ecrater team for instructions.
CWPlumbcentre

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been stung by this blip tonight, the price field in the listing says pounds so I put my price in pounds. I have now made a sale at a hefty loss, what should I do? Refund the buyer?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have been stung by this blip tonight, the price field in the listing says pounds so I put my price in pounds. I have now made a sale at a hefty loss, what should I do? Refund the buyer?

I would write a sincere apology to the buyer and explain what happened and that the price in pounds looks lower than the price in US dollars even though they are equal. You can tell them what the price should have been in US dollars but that you are refunding as you can not ship at such a big loss. If we are only talking a couple of dollars, I would take the loss to keep a customer, but if truly too big to eat out of pocket, refund. Do you think your prices are correct now or are you still having problems?

Edited to add that I just checked your pricing on a Reginox Prince - RP103S and it seems to be correct US vs. UK except you are using too low of an exchange rate. I would suggest using about 0.68 or 0.69 instead of the about 0.64 you are using. I'm also stunned that you are offering free shipping on sinks. Those babys are heavy, seems like most of what you collect is going to go to shipping. By the way, you are also missing the most important key words in your titles and that is 'kitchen sink'!
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWPlumbcentre wrote:

Refund, apologize and put your store on hold until you got it all figured out.

You don't een have your pages ready ... it should be on hold anyways.
Please take a moment to read at least the first post in this topic - http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=7227
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kanzango- I checked your store tonight thinking you had posted one of the last comments then realized another seller had done it. But I did want to mention that you might want to go through your inventory and double check that it is eligible to be sold on ecrater. I don't think e-cigarettes are allowed, plus you have Hello Kitty and Sponge Bob items. Are you allowed to be selling these items and are they the genuine article? You can be suspended for selling pirated items.
kazango123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi moonwishesstore,

I didn't even know this topic got any more replies, i only got emails for the first 2 replies, and i figured out how to fix myself.

In the settings somewhere i can fix the UK price, as well as the US price.

I just type in the UK Price in Google and search in dollars, eg "10.00 GBP in USD" and Google automatically converts it. then i add another dollar or so because PayPal charges me to convert to GBP, and doesn't seem to use the same exchange rate.

In reply to your comment about the e-cigarette.. i also sell on eBay, and as i add new stock to eBay, i list on my ecrater store too, and my listing on eBay for the electronic cigarette got pulled because it breached their alcohol and tobacco policy, which confused me, as this isn't an item to promote smoking, quite the opposite in fact, it helps you kick the habit..

But apparently they stop people posting nicotine patches on there too, so fair enough.

If its against ecrater's TOS to list electronic cigarettes here, i shall delete it altogether.. that's not a problem.

And as far as I'm aware, the items are legitimate from a reputable source.
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kazango

From the terms of service, among the list items not allowed:

Tobacco, cigars for smoking, cartridges for e-cigarettes and e-liquid

The issue is not about reputable stores. In the US it's about smoking in general, liability, interstate commerce laws, sales tax certificates, items allowed in the mail, items allowed to be imported and more.
kazango123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough, i removed the item. Wink
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: