eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

gtin help - new products no upc/ean/jan, brand, mpn.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
onlinethriftyshop

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: gtin help - new products no upc/ean/jan, brand, mpn. Reply with quote

I have a bunch of miniature ceramic dogs that I would like to list. In the Attributes section I am notified that I am missing: Missing required attributes for this product. Please include:
at least two of the following: upc/ean/jan, brand, mpn.
I listed the following; Brand, Color, Material. I am not allowed to add Breed or dog. This is not supported by eCRATER. So I am thinking that I need to add a mpn. Since the ceramic dogs are not hand made by me, is it still legal to create my own mpn relivent to my store and supply of like animals? (Note: The ceramic dogs do not have any upc's from the original company that created them. This company went out of business a few yrs ago). Thank you for reading this HELP post, I appreciate your time.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may need to ask for an exemption for them. I'm not sure how all that works as I didn't have to do so, but there are LOTS of posts about what to do if your stuff doesn't have all the attributes you need.

By the way do you really want to be offering COD? It is expensive and means you have to ship before payment and then hope the buyer is home to cough up the money when it is delivered.
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
is it still legal to create my own mpn relivent to my store and supply of like animals? (Note: The ceramic dogs do not have any upc's)

Google will disapprove such mpns.Add all the other attributes and then ask for an exemption from ecrater[/quote]
onlinethriftyshop

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all the help. I did not realize that I had COD available. I will search the help box more thoroughly before I ask more questions. And I guess I need to ask for that exemption from eCrater.
Thank you again for your help.
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: gtin help - new products no upc/ean/jan, brand, mpn. Reply with quote

onlinethriftyshop wrote:
I listed the following; Brand, Color, Material. I am not allowed to add Breed or dog. This is not supported by eCRATER. So I am thinking that I need to add a mpn.

A few other attributes that you might consider using along with brand, color, and material:

style: Jack Russel, terrier
feature: dog, puppy
height: 7 3/4 inches
length: 6 5/8 inches

Also, remember that you have 100 characters to use in your title. This is very valuable "real estate" and you should fill all the characters with key words. For "Ceramic Jack Russell Dog" you might consider using something like this for the title:

Ceramic Jack Russell terrier dog figure Living Stone puppy figurine china porcelain

Could the figurines also be said to be made of porcelain, or china? If so, your "material" attibute might be:

material: ceramic, porcelain, china

Also, repeat all these important key words at the beginning of your description, for search engines to find you. I often use the entire title for the first sentence in my descriptions. Then add more information to the description as available.
onlinethriftyshop

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vintage Moonbeam, Thank you for those awesome tips!!! Very Happy I will start doing those great suggestions on all of my posts. I am still in the eBay... Crying or Very sad mode of listing. Thanks again and have a great week!
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Since the ceramic dogs are not hand made by me, is it still legal to create my own mpn relivent to my store and supply of like animals?

do not do this.
onlinethriftyshop

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
Quote:
Since the ceramic dogs are not hand made by me, is it still legal to create my own mpn relivent to my store and supply of like animals?

do not do this.

I have sent in a request to eCrater for an exemption. Can you tell me how to get the attributes to be accepted without the mpn? I have brand, color, height, length, material, and style listed in attributes but I am still being notified of: Missing required attributes for this product. Please include:
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
have brand, color, height, length, material, and style listed in attributes but I am still being notified of: Missing required attributes for this product. Please include:

You will keep getting this until your exemption is approved
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: