eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hey guys!!! Just getting started here!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quartermaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:40 am    Post subject: Hey guys!!! Just getting started here!!! Reply with quote

Love this place thanks to Craig at Von Goebel!!!

I have a place selling new and used plastic model kits. Got hemorrhoids from what feebay was doing to me....
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

I quickly looked at your store and notice your comments regarding insurance. Buyer's can't add insurance during checkout on eCRATER. If you want the items insured, you need to add the price of insurance to either your shipping or item cost. You mention your SHipping Policy on your terms page and in the item, but I couldn't find a Shipping Policy. If you have a Shipping Policy, it should be on your Terms page and maybe on your FAQ page.
quartermaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually added insurance as an item if you looked at my categories!!! Since shipping is consistent, then the insurance price is consistent too. Thanks for the feedback.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add the insurance into your shipping cost and insure everything. Buyers here click on the item, check out, and pay, and they aren't going to add the insurance. You don't have to believe us but we'll throw it out for what it's worth. Some people don't insure domestic, but it's a personal choice, I guess. Your int'l shipping costs are sufficiently high that they must be Priority Int'l which has a certain amount of insurance built into it. (I ship First Class Int'l and insure everything myself, not through the PO.)

Anyhow, I don't think you're allowed to have things like insurance listed as a separate item; I'm pretty sure people have tried it and been told to take it out.

Good luck with your shop and Merry Christmas!! Very Happy
quartermaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since insurance is unavailable in shipping choices I thought this was a clever way to offer it since insurance is roughly $2.00 with priority mail and is constant. I have the shipping policy added to my FAQs now per the initial suggestion. Plus I will remind the buyer before I send the item of the policy.

It's either that or lie and overcharge for shipping.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't find $30 to ship 100 cotton swabs to the UK a little high? We're just other sellers trying to share what we've read here over the years.

I hope it all works out well for you! Smile
Becky
quartermaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback all!!! I was a little defensive at first, but after thinking about it I always defer to wisdom.

Check it out again. I made some significant changes. I have now included the insurance with shipping and taken the whole insurance as an item thingy down. I want to sell stuff.

As for the swabs, they are wooden medical swabs and they are a "Throw in" So if the person gets an item that's 30.00 or more they get a bag of 100 gratis. I put a price on it for guys who would like to buy more and if someone in the UK wanted them I wouldn't sell them to them for that very reason. I am brand new here and I am not a store nor do I consider myself even a small business. Just a guy with a hobby who ran into some deals and wants to sell at a decent price and not get ripped off at bothends by a host site and then in turn pass on the rip off to my customers.

Also wt, are you not concerned about not charging tax in your homestate?

I am not really a "sheeple" but these have been very good suggestions and I am grateful for them all. And Happy Holidays to all here too!! Merry Christmas!!!

John
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quartermaster wrote:

Also wt, are you not concerned about not charging tax in your homestate?

The best defense is always a good offense. Very Happy My taxes are in quite good order, thanks. Glad to hear you've got it all set to suit you and don't need any help!
quartermaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The best defense is always a good offense. Very Happy My taxes are in quite good order, thanks. Glad to hear you've got it all set to suit you and don't need any help!"

Actually I followed every suggestion y'all gave me. The HOME page was modified directly after looking at your home page and all of your collectable cars.I was apologizing for being defensive at first.

Did you go back to my store and check out the changes I made? I appreciated and used all help from you and Shiela Dee.

Re: taxes it's a State law in my home state that you have to charge local sales tax to people in your state only. I was reccomending that you CYA that's all, since everyone here's so open to unsolicited help.

I think you read flippant where I was being sincere. Whatever. Good luck.
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Smile
quartermaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!!!
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quartermaster, by including insurance into the cost of the shipping is not lying unless you include it and then don't insure the item.

Shipping actually is shipping and handling. This includes your packing supplies, insurance, tracking and gas to take it to the PO if you don't have pick up. Some people add it into the price of the item. I add it into the shipping so that when people buy multiple items they aren't paying for the "handling" more than once.
quartermaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie, I thought about it and I agree. I am now including shipping/ins together. Thanks!!! Y'all are awesome!!
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quartermaster wrote:
I actually added insurance as an item if you looked at my categories!!!

NOT ALLOWED!

Only products can have listings.
Insurance is not a product .. you can not buy it without buying something else.
quartermaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is always a good idea to read an entire thread carefully before posting cold in a conversation Smile. When I said I deferred to wisdom that means that I took ALL of the suggestions especially the one about the insurance and made those changes right then and there.

Last edited by quartermaster on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: