eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to set up google checkout
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: How to set up google checkout Reply with quote

So frustrated. I have been a seller for quite awhile and have yet to understand how to set up my google checkout button on ecrater. Can someone please help. I am using a friends paypal account and want to get my google account up and running. I have been back and forth with the help desk at google and they have been little help. Someone please guide me. Thank you
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: How to set up google checkout Reply with quote

Sage wrote:
I have been a seller for quite awhile and have yet to understand how to set up my google checkout button on ecrater.

You already have Google Checkout in your store. The icon is visible on your product pages.

Sage wrote:
want to get my google account up and running.

What is not running?

There's basic information on set up and integration in the FAQ forum at http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=2041

Also in your admin under Payment Options in Basic SetUp.
Sage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have tried everything instructed, but I have a problem after I copy the url, where do I paste this information on ecrater? I am not tech savy, but it cant be this difficult. Thank you for your response
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sage wrote:
I have a problem after I copy the url

What URL?
Sage wrote:
where do I paste this information on ecrater?

What information do you want to paste?

Did you read the FAQ forum? The thread covers step-by-step instruction, with illustration, on what to do.
Sage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no that I did not try. Where do I find this step by step forum illustration?
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sage wrote:
Where do I find this step by step forum illustration?

I posted the link in my first reply.
Sage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I went on. I guess I am missing something due to my inexperience. Does not help at all. Where do I paste the information to get the buy now button on my listing
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sage wrote:
Where do I paste the information to get the buy now button on my listing

You don't. The GCO Buy Now button is not used in an eCrater store.

eCrater provides a "Buy Now" button. The Google Checkout icon, indicating the payment options you offer, is already in your store.

Might be helpful to look at your store product pages, so you can see how they are set up.
Sage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done that and when I try to buy something or a buyer tries to buy something it says error in my cart. Do you know how to fix that?
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sage wrote:
I have done that and when I try to buy something or a buyer tries to buy something it says error in my cart. Do you know how to fix that?

No, I don't. I don't know what's causing the error. It might be helpful to review all the set up and integration steps in your GCO acct and in your eCrater admin. After you do that, making sure the merchant key and ID and API callback etc are all correct...if you still get the error message, then it might be helpful to send a screen shot of the message to eCrater.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sage you are selling top high end designer items. Could that be the snag? You have to prove the authenticity to eCRATER. Have you done that?
Sage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps; however, I have never been contacted by them for proof of authenticity and have sold quite a few items since opening the store and have been paid through Paypal, so I do not think that is the problem and Google is absolutely no help at all. I am at a loss. I checked my google attributes and I have no ! along side my listings either.
Thank you for trying to help.
STILL STUCK Crying or Very sad
Sage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to thank everybody for trying to help me with my set up. I really appreciate the effort and great advice. I welcome any additional suggestions you might have. Thanks again and Happy Holidays to all
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
checked my google attributes and I have no ! along side my listings either.
Code:

Those are two entirely different things. the red exclamation point has nothing to do with being able to take GCO. The attributes don't have anything to do with taking GCO. Perhaps you have been trying too hard to do what you shouldn't have. Many sellers think they have to set up their store as if it were their own website. Ecrater owns this site and we sell under them, so some of the required info, ecrater supplies not you. Your best bet would be to ask the ecrater staff if they can see what is wrong. The other posters say that the GCO link is on your site. Perhaps no one has wanted to use it yet?

As to PP, why don't you have your own account instead of using a friends?
Sage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your input. I do know that those two things are complete;y different, just thought to add that info. I have had many customers try to use my Google checkout button and they all get the same error. I am not able to sell through google until this is resolved. I have done everything I have been instructed to do and there is no resolving thios situation. I did contact ecrater, so i will see what they say. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: