eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

paypal have limited my account..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kazango123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: paypal have limited my account.. Reply with quote

I got an email this morning from Paypal saying my account was limited until i follow the steps necessary to release my account.

I didn't believe it as i have had my fair share of fake paypal emails, until i logged into my paypal account to see it is indeed limited.

I don't completely understand why, as I followed all of the steps to get my account verified and all the limitations lifted last month, without any problems.

Apparently i need to supply a valid Photo ID to get my limitations lifted, which include "Passport, Full Driving Licence, National Identity Card"

Well i don't have a passport as i have never left the country or needed one specifically. I have a Provisional Driving Licence only (I have my 2nd Driving Test in January), and as far as National Identity Card, Does a CitizenCard Count?

I have scanned in my Provisional Licence and CitizenCard and sent them to paypal. Any chance these will be accepted?

Sucks as i have an order pending and I cant complete it until my account is lifted.

Any ideas? what are your experiences with this?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing you need to do is log into your paypal account and see if that same message is there. If it isn't, you have been scammed into providing your credit card info to an unknown hacker. The scammers are very good at what they do.
ohmygracie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd call PayPal directly. This doesn't sound right. Why would they need that information? They have your bank account number and that's how they verify you when you set up an account with them. What good is a photo ID to them?
kazango123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it all seems legit, i disregarded the email as spam/scam, but when i went to the official www.paypal.com address and logged in it took me direct to a page saying my account has been limited until i provide photo ID and a link to the resolution center to submit it all.

I scanned everything in and submitted it and it just says its being reviewed.

I still have an order to complete, i have emailed the customer and let him know about the delay and sent him my apology.. but i have no idea how long paypal will need to confirm this info.

It seems completely ridiculous that they would randomly spring this on me with no warning, and according to a google search they do this a lot and it is completely random for "Security reasons"... :/
kazango123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what it says on paypal's website when i log in:

Quote:
PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help us provide you with a secure service. Until we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologise for the inconvenience.

Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

29 Dec 2011: For reasons relating to the safe use of the PayPal service we need some more information about you and your account to help confirm your identity.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-***-***-***-***.)
How can I get my account access restored?

It's usually quite straightforward to take care of these things. Most of the time, we just need some more information about your account or latest transactions.

To help us with this and for information on what you can and can't do until the issue has been resolved, please visit the Resolution Centre.

We'll review the information you provide and email you if we need more details, or when your account is back to normal.

Completing all the checklist items will automatically restore your account access.

When I click the link to the resolution centre, i get this:

Quote:
Begin a limitation review
Date Limited Required Response Status Action
29 Dec 2011 Photo ID(To help confirm your identity, please send us a copy of your photo ID that shows your name and address.) In Progress Resolve

I submitted everything this morning and haven't had any other contact/reply from Paypal. It's all very frustrating...
Confused
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would call PayPal. I've done that in the past to resolve an issue and was treated well.
kazango123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a quick update,

it now says in paypal's resolution center:

Quote:
Begin a limitation review
Date Limited: 29 Dec 2011
Required Response: Photo ID - To help confirm your identity, please send us a copy of your photo ID that shows your name and address.
Action: task complete

Meaning they have already finished reviewing my info and have accepted it, and there is nothing more i can do.. but my account is still limited!

grrr Evil or Very Mad
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have PP and GCO permission to have their logos inserted into the photo on your home page?

Perhaps that is part of what is ticking PP off.

Incidently, you can only sell what you have in stock. On your terms page you say that items may not come in the ordered color, etc. due to stock issues. If you don't have something in the correct color or whatever, either put it on hold until you do or delete it.

buying from your store does not signify that the buyers has read and agreed to all your rules and regulations. It just means they bought something according to the actual listing.
kazango123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Do you have PP and GCO permission to have their logos inserted into the photo on your home page?

Perhaps that is part of what is ticking PP off.

Incidently, you can only sell what you have in stock. On your terms page you say that items may not come in the ordered color, etc. due to stock issues. If you don't have something in the correct color or whatever, either put it on hold until you do or delete it.

buying from your store does not signify that the buyers has read and agreed to all your rules and regulations. It just means they bought something according to the actual listing.

Hey moonwishesStore,

I stuck the PayPal and Google checkout images into my homepage image to show i accept those payment methods, i don't see anything wrong with that as ecrater have the GCO logo on their front page image, those same images are used in my product listing pages, and also on PayPal's website under the "what can i do while my account is limited?" section it says "use PayPal logos in your auction listings or on your website" so i see no reason they would take issue with my using of their logo there.. :/

the part in my terms about colour is because i use a dropshipper and that is what is in their terms, i'm just forwarding the info on so the customer wouldn't be too surprised if the item is a slightly different shade to the photo. So far I have had no reports of different colours arriving etc. If someone ordered something and it turns out that that item is not in stock, but it is in stock in a different colour, i would let the customer know, and offer them the different colour or a refund. I also see no reason why that wouldn't be acceptable, but i haven't come across that happening so far.

And the part on my homepage saying "If you purchase from this website you are stating you have read the terms page" is mainly because that is the only place i can state the delivery times as far as i am aware. I had a customer order something, then I sent him a confirmation email stating the delivery times, and he called me complaining and asking to cancel the order as it was intended as a Christmas present and it wasn't likely it would arrive according to the times i sent him. He said there was no indication of the delivery times before he completed his order.
I read all around the forums and found somewhere that you cant put anything like the delivery info into the actual listings as it is classed as "bootleg" or something which is against Google terms for listings and they would be rejected.
I put that there in the hopes that buyers would check the terms before buying and hopefully this wouldn't happen again.

According to what i have found whilst searching Google, they are picking on me randomly and it is "normal" to be randomly asked for photo id from PayPal, eventhough this is the first time i have ever encountered it.

[/essay] Laughing

Good store btw, moonwishes, My Girlfriend wants to learn to knit, but we don't know anybody who does. Rolling Eyes
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My Girlfriend wants to learn to knit, but we don't know anybody who does

Check with Lastade if she knows a good site to learn. Knitting is hot right know and you should be able to find u-tube videos and blogs all over about knitting.
kazango123

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha okay i finally got a reply from paypal after 48 hours of submitting my details..

Quote:
PayPal appeal denied

Dear Jamie Thompson,

In order to protect all PayPal customers and the quality of our service, we
take violations of our User Agreement very seriously.

After further review of your faxed documents, we have determined that you
were not yet 18 years old when you have opened this account. So we ask you
to close this account and to open a new one.

Here's how to close your PayPal account:

Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
Select 'My account settings'.
In the 'Account Type' section, click 'Close account' and follow the
instructions. (We may ask you to confirm ownership of the account before
you can close it).
When you close your account:

Any unpaid money requests are automatically cancelled.
You forfeit any unused redemption codes or coupons.

Any funds remaining in your account are currently available for withdrawal.
Please note that withdrawal limits may apply.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Yours sincerely,
Fabien
PayPal

I'm 20 now, but I think i have had that account since i was about 15.

It is strange that they're banning my account and not me though.. Why would it matter that I was underage when i made that account if I am not anymore? What's the point in making a new account if they're not banning me as a person? I Don't recall ever actually using that account other than selling about 80 GBP worth of my dad's old stuff on ebay a few years ago..

Oh and that is an exact copypaste of their email, they actually did say "you were not yet 18 years old when you have opened this account". Laughing
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of wondered how old you were when you said you still had to take a driver's test in January. I thought you had to be 18 to open a PayPal account and figured that might be the issue.

Thanks for letting us know how it worked out. And glad to hear they're going to let you open a new account now!
ohmygracie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're right WT. I believe you have to be 18 to open an account with PP, although, I could be wrong. My guess, they wanted you to cancel that account so they would cover their legal butt. I'm surprised it took them this long. I would have thought an audit would have caught that years ago.

Glad to hear everything was on the up and up. And thanks for all the updates on this!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: