eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Oh No!! All my products gone from listings!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always assumed that the "relevance" filter was some complex formula, like the dreaded "best match." But "date" seems more straightforward, as does "new items only." If I pull up a category with 12,017 items and filter by "Date" and "new items only" and still get 12,017 items, then I can tell that not much filtering is going on. I assumed that "new items only" was literal and didn't think about store updating, just new listings. You know what they say about ass-u-me....

The search is so random and I never find much that way. We have to leave links everywhere and be sure to drive the buyers to our own stores and not depend on the marketplace search.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtcollectibles wrote:
I assumed that "new items only" was literal and didn't think about store updating, just new listings. You know what they say about ass-u-me....

"new items only" means items that are not marked as used.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah-h-h-h-h. I guess that makes sense! I must not search like the rest of the world... Confused
ArtisanWools

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray--Thank you for saying "related to age of listing". I listed three new items last night and they are showing up on page 43 out of 46 pages. Other sellers listings that were updated in October are appearing much earlier. One of the other posters on this thread checked and searched by date and said there seemed to be something going on with the filtering.
Just thinking--Maybe I should empty out my store and in a few days list all new items? Good or bad idea?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Good or bad idea?

Bad idea. You will lose the google (and other search engines) links to the items that you had listed and now would be no more.

In reality, you should not be depending on your customers coming into the ecrater marketplace through the front portal. You need to market and promote your goods directly to the people that would be your customers. Have them click on links that will bring them directly to YOUR store and they won't even see any one else's stuff. This is what is meant by you needing to do your own marketing and promoting. In the time you have been worrying seaching and writing about your placement in the main ecrater marketplace, you could have found a blog or website or forum of rug hookers, introduced yourself and invited them to visit your store. That may have gotten you a customer or two. The rest won't get you a thing.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArtisanWools wrote:
cosmicray--Thank you for saying "related to age of listing". I listed three new items last night and they are showing up on page 43 out of 46 pages. Other sellers listings that were updated in October are appearing much earlier. One of the other posters on this thread checked and searched by date and said there seemed to be something going on with the filtering.

Perhaps the title of this thread is misleading then. Your items are not 'gone', they are not at the front of the specified category like you want them to be (but they are there).

So I looked at one of your listings, out of curiosity, and to try to determine what's going on here.

You do not accept any form of electronic payment (that I can see). You also have the notation "******Important: If you purchase more than one item, please wait for me to send you an invoice.*****" on this particular listing.

Since you don't accept electronic payment (PayPal or GCO), you might be able to get away with that, but it is generally frowned upon. In the case of electronic payments, you must be able to present the customer with a final invoice at the time they place the order. It is possible to charge them less for shipping, but you do that by generating a small refund after the order (PayPal) or charging a smaller grand total (GCO).

Making a customer wait for the invoice can cost you business.

The first set of advertisements is due to the fact that you don't accept electronic payment.

The (random) item I looked at is here ...
http://artisanwools.ecrater.com/p/11052862/rug-hooking-wool-mahogany-4p
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might not realize that fat quarter is a measurement of cloth that quilters use to say how large and how it is cut, ONE piece of fabric is. It is not used to say how big 4 pieces might be. It would be more correct to say that your pieces total 1/4 yard or fabric as they are not cut into fat quarter chunks and that could be very confusing to a quilter thinking they are getting some wool for making a quilt. I assume that not all your buyers get wool just for the making of rag rugs. Many quilters also use wool for folk art type quilts.
ArtisanWools

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cosmicray. I have accepted PayPal for 11 years. This is just temporary until I straighten out a few issues. Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: