eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Any tips for building Backlinks on Ecrater?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aspencounty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecheapskirt wrote:
Also Aspen I was curious, do you sell on ecrater? Your store appears to be "on hold" and the website you refer to in your store info is just a domain placeholder. Curious as to what exactly you do? Just maintain "link directories"? Is that very profitable?

These are legitimate questions and I'm sure some of you other guys that see me hanging out around here have wondered about as well. I didn't mean to high jack this thread but if the Mods will let me I will try not to bore anyone and I will try to answer some of your questions

You are correct, I don't sell here anymore. I opened my store here when Ecrater first opened it's doors and for a while I tried selling some dropped shipped products (SMC). Things where changing rapidly and I could not see much success happening with my drop ship business model so I got away from the selling side of things.

I guess now you could call me a lurker. In the early days and as recently as a few months ago I recommended Ecrater to lots of associates and there are still several dozen that have ecrater stores and are active here. I have made friends here as well and I like to stop in for a visit and to just look around. My store has been on hold for years now but I get asked for advice about the stores from time to time about so I keep mine open so I can see what's going on. I visit the forum every once in a while and will post on things I am familiar with and think may help someone. My posts are seldom related directly to the every day workings of Ecrater, that's for you guys that are in the trenches everyday and understand how Ecrater works, I talk about general search engine stuff and try to offer some information about things related to the current SEO climate .

As to what I do, well, I guess I broker information is the best answer. Someone will come to me with a specific question about their online business, a script, PHP code or a computer related issue and I will find and furnish the information they need. I may act on this for the client myself if it's something I can do or I may recommend a third party solution. Yes I own a network of 16 web directories. I owned over 100 at one time but I recently sold most of them because I just didn't have time to maintain that many.

I'm currently working with a start up company called Dotco Law Marketing. They purchased thousands of very specific ".co" (dot co) domains when they first went on sale last year and their plan is to launch 20,000 + new websites that will provide advertising to select lawyers and attorneys. All these new web sites will need lots of back links and that's where my expertise comes in. I know how to find the best back links for them plus I already own 16 web directories and we are adding their links to them as featured links when a site is complete and goes live.

To answer your last question, yes.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aspencounty wrote:
thecheapskirt wrote:
I know someone who obtained a page rank of 6 and shows up on the first page of Google searches for just about every keyword relating to his site, all within a year.

He never signed up for sketchy backlinks. He did it the real way--quality content that brought value to the Internet that other people linked to. Active in social networks. Active in the niche community he writes for.

It can be done. Not everyone has to cheat to get ahead. Some people prefer to gain credibility legitimately.

I never said it was not possible to do well without building your own links, I said it is rare for it to happen. It would be especially difficult for any average eCommerce store to "naturally" attract that kind of attention.

It worked just fine for my seasonal store. Tons of sales within the first two months I opened it, simply from Twitter. That was in 2009... in 2010 sales doubled and in 2011 they quadrupled. Naturally. I never submitted my site to any link farms. Just used social media like Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, Wanelo, Twitter, blogs, etc. No link farms. Oh, and I happened to sell something that people wanted, rather than some generic drop ship trinkets that hundreds of other people were also selling.

Fact: Google takes into consideration the source of the links, how much traffic, and what kind of traffic goes to the link.

Another fact: The person I was talking about has 3 million links (I kid you not!) coming from one website (due to a pharma hack--not something he solicited at all LOL) and they do not increase or decrease his page rank because Google can tell that it is a sketchy site.

Could you imagine a poor store owner paying for links and then having Google just disregard them because they consider the links coming from a sketchy site? Sounds like a very lucrative business, if you don't mind ripping people off.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aspen, thank you for answering my question. Looks like we posted at the same time--I just now read what you do and why you keep posting here. Do you manage to get a lot of clients by posting here? Can you point the rest of us to one that has become wildly successful on ecrater after buying links from you?
aspencounty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecheapskirt wrote:
Aspen, thank you for answering my question. Looks like we posted at the same time--I just now read what you do and why you keep posting here. Do you manage to get a lot of clients by posting here? Can you point the rest of us to one that has become wildly successful on ecrater after buying links from you?

No, I have never gotten any clients from here and I am not trying, that's not why I post here. You can believe me or not but I post here to try and offer some friendly advice and information and just may help someone. No ulterior motive. I am fortunate to be in the position where I can spend lots of time reading about Google and studying the latest updates and discussing and sharing this info with other guys in my business. I will drop in here and add to the conversation sometimes.

I have always offered free links in my directories to all Ecrater sellers and I have offered some specific advice to a few folks when they asked. The only time you see me post a link to any of my sites or mention them by name is to let the folks here know I will give them a good back link and I have had quite a few Ecrater sellers take advantage that offer.

No, I can not point to an Ecrater seller that has become wildly successful by doing anything I suggested and no, no one from here has ever purchased a link from me...why would they, they are free. I don't make any wild claims or promises here or anywhere, that's just not how things work. I answer questions to the best of my ability and I simply talk about some longtime practices and techniques that are consider the norm by most people that study search engine optimization.

It looks like your websites are extremely successful and you are doing very well with what you are doing so keep up the great work and continued success.

Anyway, this has gotten way off track. Back to the OP. I use http://info.vilesilencer.com/ , http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65, http://www.directorycritic.com/ as well as a few other sources to find my directories. I look for free one that look like they are being maintained by the owner ( hint; many web directories display some statistics on the home page and if you see something like 10,000 pending links don't waste your time) and I only use the ones that do not require you to register..another time waster imo. You will see that most web directories use a similar submission form and with a little practice you should be able to submit a site pretty fast. I use Fire Fox browser almost exclusively and I use these extensions; Autofill Forms, InFormEnter and Fill Form. They are semi-automated tools that will speed up your directory submissions greatly. I can do one in under 30 second in most cases. Happy submitting Wink
UknowUneedAnother

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do "our" backlinks also contribute to the overall inbound links that eCrater would get credited for?
whynotsave

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UknowUneedAnother wrote:
Do "our" backlinks also contribute to the overall inbound links that eCrater would get credited for?

I realize this an older question, but I think I have a answer for you. When building backlinks I believe if you visit your store and put the link to an item in your store it would count towards a link for you. Whereas if you use a ecrater link it will count towards a link for ecrater. Example if you use the ecrater search option and use that link for your item it would be: http://www.ecrater.com/p/12829262/lcd-digitizer-glass-touch-screen?keywords=iphone+digitizer+kit whereas if you go to your store and link to the same item it would be: http://whynotsave.ecrater.com/p/12882806/lcd-digitizer-glass-touch-screen

The second link would count towards your backlink. Just make sure you use the correct links so you'll be linking to your store and not ecrater.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you definitely want those links to be to your store, which keeps your customer in your store.
momsretro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read these?

Drive more traffic to your eCrater store:
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=15426

Advertising ideas for PROMOTING your store:
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: