eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I feel awful ......
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toyfads

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is not a webkniz of any kind to be found in this area. In all of DENVER! No kidding, those are the hot hot item right now. Look at the prices on the web - these things retail for $12 and folks are selling them for $40 and up and they are selling like hot cakes!

I had a black lab and sold it for $42.95

They are only 9.99 here. congrats on that sale!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
moonlightpotionsandlotions

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toys I sent you a PM please respond to that. It has all the information in it ^_^

I hope it helps at least a little bit.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toyfads - You got a cheap retailer, lol. I have spoken with the company. $500 minium order - not too bad! Wholesale price is $5 each. BUT they require them to be sold in brick & mortar stores - not only by those they sell to wholesale. They require the retail to be priced at $9.99 - $12.00.
moonlightpotionsandlotions

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but they can't really monitor this can they?
toyfads

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Since there is NO INVENTORY CONTROL on ecrater.com
it can and it will happen.
You have to decide if ecrater.com works for you or not.
Me, personally, I run into this RARELY. But it happens. More so in my formal dress store then in my mens.
First paid gets it. The other gets an email and a refund and 10% off their next purchase.

BigTallMensClothing,

Don't get me wrong I love ecrater, I just do not want to loose customers. Do you know if any of those customers that you refunded and gave a 10% off next purchase too ever came back? Maybe there should be something posted in my FAQ section about the inventory count? I would like to find a way to make this work. I have an ad word compaign going and I think that is what is helping me bring in a lot of customers. I do not want to scale back, I want to keep pushing forward.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toyfads - Hey I totally understand. Remember I am nothing but a fellow ecrater.com seller myself. I hate it when it happens. And it does and will continue to happen.

Quote:
Do you know if any of those customers that you refunded and gave a 10% off next purchase too ever came back?

Not in my formals - those are usually I needed yesterday can you get it to me in time. BUT when it's happened in my mens store, You bet they return. And most never use the 10% off.

Quote:
Maybe there should be something posted in my FAQ section about the inventory count?

You mean the FAQ within your store?
Doubt that would help, most buyers never see it.

The only think I can sugest is that within each had you say something like
In many case we have just one of the item. We do our best to keep on top of things to mark them sold. If the item over sells we will contact you within 24 hours and give you a total refund.
At the same time --- that too might turn off some buyers thinking that you don't have the item.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonlightpotionsandlotions wrote:
but they can't really monitor this can they?

Oh yes they can. PLUS they simply won't ever sell to you again if you get caught. TRUST me you don't want a supplier blacklisting you!
toyfads

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
toyfads - Hey I totally understand. Remember I am nothing but a fellow ecrater.com seller myself. I hate it when it happens. And it does and will continue to happen.

Thank you. I will have to think about how to proceed. I have to get off of this computer for awhile. Have a good night everyone.
TheCookieLadyCafe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toyfads...

When you restock...very popular items are the unicorns and dragonflies...less are fairies & butterflies but, move very fast. I can only strongly urge you to research your suppliers...GOOGLE and ASK.COM are good and more sources are out there not for this order but, down the road...having an overtock now on these items will pay-off.

Best Wishes!

So hit the road and restock!…Cross your PAWS! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Josh, Jordy & The Cookie Lady…Proprietors: Purple Puppy Paws Products
toyfads

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I managed to get some more today, but of course not the unicorns. I have other stuff to list to but my batteries on my camera died on me so I am waiting for them to charge...lol Maybe now would be a good time to get my orders organized....I always have something to get done Rolling Eyes

www.toyfads.ecrater.com
EverythingNice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...poop toyfads! Sorry to hear what happened and in so little time...goodness. I'm new here so this has helped me to keep in mind in the future....

These forums are extremely helpful!

Love your pup dog in the car cookielady!
earplugs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had inventory problems today. Sold out before I could hide the listing. Another customer comes and buys the limit (3) and then places another order for more! I let her know that there was a shipping delay (I'll have more in 2 weeks) and refunded shipping.

Most customers understand when these things happen. They will be more likely to buy from you in the future because you've already shown good customer service. I'm glad you have too many customers rather than too few.

Today I was just like Pup, driving around hoping to find them locally. Thats a great pic.
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: How difficult? Reply with quote

It seems simple enough to remove the item from sell once it sells and let the store owner place it back.

This was a recently added feature to another site where I list. Is it even on the "things to do" list.

With the great marketing job Ecrater does it would be a shame to drive traffic away for something that appears at least on the surface easy to correct.

Mary
http://www.cuteasabug.ecrater.com
http://www.cuteasabug.biz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: