eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Newbie who would like some feedback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjsoapshop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Newbie who would like some feedback Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm a newb here and just spent the last couple of days setting up my store, putting up a shipping matrix, items, etc.

I would love to hear your comments!

http://mjsoapshop.ecrater.com

thanks!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very good to me. I like that you put your information in both official languages.

The only thing I see that might present a problem is your line about shipping that is in your descriptions. Google considers that boiler plate and might not list your products because of it.

This is a real pain for those of us who need to bring important information to a buyer's attention and know they are unlikely to read the extra pages.
Some people seem to get away with it. I couldn't. Google wouldn't give me a pass till every single word of boilerplate was gone.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to contact ecrater directly
I know in the past everything needed to be in English.
Moderators don't know your language and don't have time to put it into a translater to know what it says.
You might want to get the ecrater team ok before you get suspended or something.

www.ecrater.com/contact.php
mjsoapshop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would you recommend I put in the description? Maybe something along the lines of "For more information regarding shipping prices, please read the FAQ?"
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjsoapshop wrote:
What would you recommend I put in the description? Maybe something along the lines of "For more information regarding shipping prices, please read the FAQ?"

Even that is considered boiler plate as it is not about that specific listing only. I used to say, "I gladly combine shipping." and I had to take it out.
hocadobi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and the best to you here at eCrater. My impression is that the pages done in both languages, with English first makes for a very charming store and an incentive for people to refresh their French reading skills. I hope they let you keep it this way.

The moderators have some excellent suggestions about getting those shipping terms off your product description pages and have your best interest at heart.
woodard2009

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Always be positive... Reply with quote

Talking about high shipping prices may convince buyers that the shipping prices are high when otherwise they may not have thought that. You could be turning away possible customers.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the FAQ...
Quote:
Because we are located in Canada, we are unable to use eCrater's USPS calculator.
The customer doesn't know how shipping rates are calculated, and probably doesn't care.
Quote:
To make things a little less easy on us, Canada Post's rates are somewhat higher than USPS. All our shipping prices are calculated using eCrater's shipping Matrix feature.
The customer doesn't know how shipping rates are calculated, and probably doesn't care.
Quote:
Canada Post's rates vary wildly depending on where a package is sent, so our matrix contains the average prices for the US, Canada, UK and Australia. In some cases we take a loss and in others the shopping cart will overcharge you. WE WILL REFUND ANY AMOUNTS IN EXCESS OF 1$ VIA PAYPAL.
which may create a false expectation (assuming they read the FAQ) that there will be a refund.
Quote:
We always use the most economical method of shipping for you, so sometimes we will provide you with a tracking number and sometimes we won't. Our base unit for calculation is the weight and size of one bar of soap. In regards to shipping, 3 lip balms are equivalent to 1 bar of soap, 1 body butter is equivalent to 3 bars of soap, 1 hand cream is equivalent to 1 bar of soap. To the USA, 1 unit=8.00, 2=10.00, 3-4=16.00, 5-6=22.00, 7-10=25.00, 11-15=27.00, 16=28.00, 17+ =2$ for each two additional units. The values listed here are in US dollars.
If that is what you have in the Shipping Matrix, than the customer will see that in the shopping cart. Personally, I think this is getting way too technical for the average customer. Simply saying that "larger quantities shipped in the same order will provide more economical shipping" (or something similar) should be sufficient.
joyfulsleep

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!! Wishing you many sales.

Ann
mjsoapshop

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hocadobi wrote:
Welcome and the best to you here at eCrater. My impression is that the pages done in both languages, with English first makes for a very charming store and an incentive for people to refresh their French reading skills. I hope they let you keep it this way.

Turns out they didn't... too bad Sad But I will definately read all the suggestions tomorrow morning and act on them. just got back from a 4 day business trip.. unrelated to my store!
mjsoapshop

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If that is what you have in the Shipping Matrix, than the customer will see that in the shopping cart. Personally, I think this is getting way too technical for the average customer. Simply saying that "larger quantities shipped in the same order will provide more economical shipping" (or something similar) should be sufficient.

I guess I was worried that the initial high shipping prices would scare off buyers to the point the first article would never make it to the cart
GoddessCosmetics

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi...glad you decided to join!
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice store, welcome Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: