eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How does a buyer remove or change feedback?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Audiometrix

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: How does a buyer remove or change feedback? Reply with quote

We recently had a buyer leave negative feedback. They agreed to remove it, however we cant find anywhere how we are to go about this.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only a member of the eCrater team can change or remove feedback. The buyer should contact eCrater using the Contact link at the bottom of the site's home page.
Audiometrix

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
Only a member of the eCrater team can change or remove feedback. The buyer should contact eCrater using the Contact link at the bottom of the site's home page.

Odd. I wonder why the make is so complicated? Ebay and Amazon make it easy as pie, we can do it all ourselves.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Odd. I wonder why the make is so complicated? Ebay and Amazon make it easy as pie, we can do it all ourselves

Probably because ecrater has a small team. Currently though, if you get a negative you can ask them for removal if you can prove it was unwarranted. Ecrater is very helpful.

I wasn't under the impression that removing feedback on ebay was easy at all, but anyhow. Many that come here seem to think that there is a huge team of worker bees in the background ready to jump on new ideas and carry them out. There isn't and that is partly because this is truly a free site and may go against the site owners ideas of what he wants to see on his site.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audiometrix wrote:
cosmicray wrote:

Odd. I wonder why the make is so complicated? Ebay and Amazon make it easy as pie, we can do it all ourselves.

Neither of those sites allow the seller to change or remove the feedbACK LEFT
HeelsnHose

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
Audiometrix wrote:
cosmicray wrote:

Neither of those sites allow the seller to change or remove the feedbACK LEFT

The point was that his or her buyer wants to change the feedback and buyers can change feedback on Ebay. I don't know about Amazon but wouldn't be surprised if it were true there.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeelsnHose wrote:

The point was that his or her buyer wants to change the feedback and buyers can change feedback on Ebay. I don't know about Amazon but wouldn't be surprised if it were true there.

Amazon will allow a buyer to DELETE feedback not change it

I never found where a buyer can change feedback on ebay.
HeelsnHose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
HeelsnHose wrote:

Amazon will allow a buyer to DELETE feedback not change it

I never found where a buyer can change feedback on ebay.

I guess it isn't too important since this is an Ecrater help forum but on Ebay buyers can change neutral or negative feedback by asking the seller to send a request for feedback revision. The buyer simply accepts after the seller sends the request. Kind of like the mutual agreement to cancel a transaction. As the seller you can go to the revising feedback support page and click on the link and any transaction in the last 30 days that are eligible for revision automatically appear with a send button. I don't believe buyers can revise positive feedback.
2BOYSandTOYS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buyers can remove or change feedback on ebay. There is a 'Request Feedback Revision Page'. It is ONLY available to members who have left a negative or neutral. So, if you have only ever given positive feedback, you would never get to see the page/request form.

eBaY has also removed feedback for me when it was against policy. I had a recent incident of 'feedback extortion', and they removed the feedback and DSR ratings.

I know nothing about Amazon...but do know that it's possible on the bay!
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feedback on ebay is a total joke. I am familiar with way too many sellers who had lousy feedback ratings, and then all of a sudden those same sellers have 100% positive feedback. Never look at just the rating, go through and read the actual comments.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buyers on eCrater do not register here. They do not have an ID or password. It would be hard to validate the buyer wanting to remove the feedback is the same one that left it. The only way they left it originally is based on an email reminder from eCrater.

Having said that, if they left the feedback on Google Checkout, I believe they do have the ability to change/remove it on GCO.
bornagainonlinestore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: negative feedback. Reply with quote

Hello everyone I am Born Again Online Store. I really like Ecrater very much, but I think I have been dooped by some people who are ordering things on my site knowing it says OUT OF STOCK. So I will reply with the item is out of stock or no longer available and now i am getting neg feedback on the site. Can some one tell me what to do and how to handle this. I am a very responsible site and always treat my customers with respect. Help.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have something listed for sale, it is supposed to be in stock. If you have previously sold out of the item, you need to mark the item as "On Hold". You do that in the admin screen for that particular product. Once you do that, then no one can place an order against it.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: negative feedback. Reply with quote

bornagainonlinestore wrote:
I think I have been dooped by some people who are ordering things on my site knowing it says OUT OF STOCK.

You're not being duped. You're violating eCrater terms 4.5 "What is not allowed to post?": Items that are not for sale.

So I will reply with the item is out of stock or no longer available and now i am getting neg feedback on the site.

According to your feedback, your customers are not getting the message: "no explanation" and "canceled order without contracting me. No reason given"

Can some one tell me what to do

Read eCrater's terms of service. Put products that are not available on hold or delete them if stock cannot be replenished.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't put a sold out item "on hold" you have to hide it. You do that in your admin listing. In the middle of the listing page is the feature here there and hide options.

When the item is back in stock, just uncheck the hide box and click update.

Seriously you can be suspended for having out of stock items buyable on eCRATER.

You also have some titles not in English. If you are selling Spanish language Bibles, you need to have some English in your title or items will be deleted.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: