eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Need Help with Figuring Shipping PLEASE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
designers-bargains

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Need Help with Figuring Shipping PLEASE Reply with quote

I've read all I can find regarding shipping, but still confused and need answers.
1) Am I to understand that fixed shipping only applies to US & Canada?
2) If fixed shipping rates are used, without offering intenational shipping to countries other than Canada, must the weight field in the listings be zero?
3) Can fixed rates be applied to Canada and variable to other countries?
4) If I ship to Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands, must I complete the matrix shipping areas to show the cost? If, in fact, I must complete the fields in the matrix, do I need to add a shipping weight to the listings?
5) Are the weight fields in ounces? That is, if I put 2 in the listing, that means the weight is 2 ounces. If I put 2.0, that means the weight is 2 pounds.
6) If I chose NOT to offer international shipping now, other than to Canada, and have a declared fixed rate for US and Canadian shipments, can I still put in a shipping weight on the listings in case I want to add countries later and not want to go through the trouble of having to go back and add it?
7) If I go through the trouble of listing rates in the matrix and postal rates change, will I need to revise every single rate box, or is there some global percentage change function I can use to revise all the rates at once?

Anything else I need to know?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Am I to understand that fixed shipping only applies to US & Canada?

YES, and if you ship anywhere else and use fixed shipping their orders will say ZERO for shipping and cause you lots of grief!

Quote:
If fixed shipping rates are used, without offering intenational shipping to countries other than Canada, must the weight field in the listings be zero?

Personally, I put in the actual weight of the item. It's a PITA to change every listing everytime the PO has a postage increase (one coming effective May 14). So with that thought some day I plan to figure out that shipping matrix! lol

Quote:
If I ship to Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands, must I complete the matrix shipping areas to show the cost? If, in fact, I must complete the fields in the matrix, do I need to add a shipping weight to the listings?

Your choice is either use the shipping matrix or used fixed rate. If you use fixed rate then Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands will show ZERO for shipping charge on their order.
You can not use fixed rate and the matrix on one item. It's either one or the other.

Quote:
Are the weight fields in ounces? That is, if I put 2 in the listing, that means the weight is 2 ounces. If I put 2.0, that means the weight is 2 pounds.

That's up to you and how you configure it with the shipping matrix. You can use as ounces, pounds some here use it as number of items.

Quote:
If I chose NOT to offer international shipping now, other than to Canada, and have a declared fixed rate for US and Canadian shipments, can I still put in a shipping weight on the listings in case I want to add countries later and not want to go through the trouble of having to go back and add it?

Weight is a required field - you have to put something in there - might as well put in the real thing.

Quote:
If I go through the trouble of listing rates in the matrix and postal rates change, will I need to revise every single rate box, or is there some global percentage change function I can use to revise all the rates at once?

If you use the matrix -- all you will need to do is change the matrix - that will change it automatically on the listings.
If you use fixed rate -you will need to go into each listing and revise it.

Quote:
Anything else I need to know?

I don't know, you got any more questions? Very Happy
designers-bargains

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Shipping Reply with quote

1) I tried to figure out the shipping matrix, and put US dollars in as shipping costs for the empty boxes. Did I do it right?

2) I have the weights listed in my listings, and I also have also put in the fixed shipping charges for US, Hawaii, Alaska and Canada which correspond to the shipping amounts I put in the matrix. Is this OK? Or do I need to take out the fixed shipping on the actual listings now and check "calculated" instead?
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2) I have the weights listed in my listings, and I also have also put in the fixed shipping charges for US, Hawaii, Alaska and Canada which correspond to the shipping amounts I put in the matrix. Is this OK? Or do I need to take out the fixed shipping on the actual listings now and check "calculated" instead?

If you want to use the shipping matrix your listings need to tell it to use the shipping matrix. If you created the listing and told it to use fixed shipping that is what it will do. So if you want to now use the matrix you must go in each item and change it to be ship by weight. If not those items will still use the fixed rate.
designers-bargains

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I think I get it. Since I do offer international shipping to countries other than Canada, I have to use the shipping matrix and check the weight based box on the listings. Correct?
tchgiftsandthings

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Quote:
Am I to understand that fixed shipping only applies to US & Canada?

YES, and if you ship anywhere else and use fixed shipping their orders will say ZERO for shipping and cause you lots of grief!

Big T... When you say US does this include Alaska and Hawaii or just the mainland US? Thanks... Tom Very Happy
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Big T... When you say US does this include Alaska and Hawaii or just the mainland US? Thanks... Tom

There is a box for US Mainland, Alaska, Hawaii and Canada --- so if you used fixed rate in those boxes --- PLUS you have other international zones checked --- those other international zones will show up as FREE shipping.
I just typed US and Canada since the boxes are there for Alaska and Hawaii for you to put the amount in.
NixCat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so glad I stumbled across this post. I have been struggling with the same questions.

Thanks for the valuable information!

http://nixcat.ecrater.com/
www.nixcatvintage.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: