eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Your store gets suspended due to PayPal claims?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Suspended Stores
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Your store gets suspended due to PayPal claims? Reply with quote

Since the other thread appears to be broken due to a formatting issue, I'm going to ask my question here in hopes that someone can read it (since you have to scroll way off the page to the right to read it where it currently is).

If a buyer files a PayPal claim against you, ecrater suspends your store? Is that correct? That seems to be what I'm reading in that thread.

Is there a threshold? What if the claim is found in the seller's favor (a scammy buyer)?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
viewfinders

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen the topic you are talking about but if there is a complaint against you I think PP can suspend or put your PP account on hold but how could they possibly suspend your eCRATER store. If it is an eBay store, maybe, but not an eCRATER store.

People make up all sorts of stories about PP. You'd think Obama was its CEO.

Found the topic you were referring to. I think this is an instance of a seller not understanding or not expressing herself clearly. Obviously she had a serious complaint filed against her and wasn't paying attention. I don't think it is the first time eCRATER has suspended a store that had heavy negative feedback. I think most people who have an unpleasant experience just take the knocks and get on with their lives. When someone contacts PP or eCRATER and it is brought to their attention, action will be taken.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have an order, where something went wrong, the buyer can file a claim at PayPal, but they cannot leave feedback over there (that I'm aware of). They can leave feedback at eCrater.

I don't know the exact circumstances here. If someone has actually had an account suspended at eCrater, where negative feedback was not left, and it involved PayPal, I'd like to hear more. At this point it seems to be anecdotal.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seller had something like 10 negatives which to some might not seem like a lot with over 800 orders, but when others can have thousands of orders with no negatives it seems like too much.

I can see if a customer complained to ecrater and and ecrater saw that a store was having major fulfilment problems they might suspend them until they got their act together. I can also see that it would seem like it was due to having a PP claim filed against you as the two things happened simultaneously and because of the same customer, but I think with all the sellers here we would have heard of other suspensions for PP claims if that was the case.
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merchant stores are not suspended just because a PayPal claim has been filed.

em
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for clarifying that. I thought that was a long stretch.
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original question has been answered. This thread is locked.

em
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Suspended Stores
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: