eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to set-up free shipping charge to all countries?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wedobanner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: How to set-up free shipping charge to all countries? Reply with quote

I was wondering how do I configure to set-up free shipping charge to all countries?

Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you create a listing, at the very bottom of each listing there's a spot to enter in your shipping. Just select FREE SHIPPING TO US & CANADA and this will erase the current shipping price that you have set up for your listing. This will only cover free shipping for those 2 countries. For the rest of the countries go to your admin and click on SHIPPING ZONES, select the countries you wish to ship to, then click on SHIPPING MATRIX. You'll see blank fields that have spots for entering in your shipping prices based on weights. LEAVE ALL OF THEM BLANK or erase any prices you already have entered in here. You don't have that many products yet so, it should only take you about 20 minutes total to edit each product that you already have in your store and switch them over to FREE SHIPPING TO US & CANADA. That's it.
zenden

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't you go into global editor to make all of the products free shipping??
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zenden wrote:
can't you go into global editor to make all of the products free shipping??

yes but, it can take up to 3 to 24 hours for it to go into affect. If he/she wishes to make this change to their shipping rates instantaneously, it only takes a minute to do it the way I have suggested and the free shipping charges will be reflected immediately.
zenden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried checking 'free shipping to us & mainland' but when i checked back it still didn't reflect free shipping. I'd like to have free shipping to US on certain categories but ship by weight to other countries.
thanks for any help.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were answering the question the original poster asked about free shipping to all countries. I can't answer your question since I charge shipping as there is no such thing as free shipping, the money comes from somewhere. But anyhow I use the matrix for everything.
zenden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the money comes from somewhere, free shipping is just no ship charge to your customer, its all just a marketing strategy as most increase item prices to list as free ship.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
free shipping is just no ship charge to your customer

No, that just means they don't see the actual shipping charge since it is blended in with the items price. I fully understand it is a marketing strategy, but one I don't use so don't know how to set it up especially since you want some items free shipping and others not.

If you wanted free shipping for everything everywhere that would be easy.
zenden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, definitely easy to do free shipping on all items and i'm thinking it might be easier to blend the shipping charge in with the item price. I did go to the globe editor and put in for two categories to be free but leaving the rest weight dependable. Do you know if filling in the individual ship charge on each listing overrides the info on the matrix?
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only use the matrix. enter 0.00 for the first two categories and the shipping rates for the others. When you click on enable the matrix, it will over ride what you have filled in for the fixed shipping.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zenden wrote:
Yes, definitely easy to do free shipping on all items and i'm thinking it might be easier to blend the shipping charge in with the item price. I did go to the globe editor and put in for two categories to be free but leaving the rest weight dependable. Do you know if filling in the individual ship charge on each listing overrides the info on the matrix?

If your item is lite, and ships for low cost, then blending into the purchase cost is a good idea. The problem I see is the wide disparity in domestic shipping costs, and international.

A 3-oz domestic package (First Class mail) ships for $1.64. The same package shipped via First Class International can cost between $3.30 and $4.48. That is quite a difference. When you get to heavier packages (i.e. Priority Mail), the differences are even more. If your item cost is sufficiently high (to embed the shipping cost), then by all means do it.
zenden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I do not enable the matrix, then my individual ship rates will be what is used on each item? What I want to do is only have free shipping to some items so if my matrix is enabled for ship prices by weight and i go into each item individually and put in a fixed ship price, will the individual ship charge override the matrix of ship by weight charges?
I did go into global editor and put fee ship on only certain categories where items were very light so that worked for those but need to know if i want to change one item to fee ship will it take effect if matrix is still enabled..
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zenden wrote:
So if I do not enable the matrix, then my individual ship rates will be what is used on each item?

The matrix is enabled when you select "Weight dependable" on the item when you create the listing. I use nothing but the matrix, so all of mine are marked that way; I'm not sure if you can mix them or not. If Weight Dependable is marked, I would think that would override any fixed shipping amounts. When you mark an item "Free shipping to US and Canada" or "Fixed Shipping to," the mark goes away from Weight Dependable, so the matrix should be disabled. Only one of those radio buttons can be selected.

When you ran the global editor and made a whole category Free (I assume that's what you meant by fee shipping?), and then changed one item to put a charge on it, what happened? Did it show up as Free or with the charge you entered? Come back and let us know; it might help somebody else who has a similar method of shipping.

Edited to add - This only applies to the US and Canada, of course. International shipping other than Canada requires either the matrix or the USPS calculator.
zenden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I changed one item to weight dependable and added one lb to the weight because i had the matrix set at 0.00 for the first category of 1 lb. (now i'm wondering if that's why it states free shipping??) If there is a lag time for changing the matrix then i wont know for sure but when i changed an individual item it overrode the free ship from global editor.
I'll wait and see if it stays that way in a day if there is a lag time for the matrix update to take affect.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zenden wrote:
Ok, I changed one item to weight dependable and added one lb to the weight because i had the matrix set at 0.00 for the first category of 1 lb. (now i'm wondering if that's why it states free shipping??)

Well, I'm confused now! Laughing I thought you made the whole category free, but then wanted to have a charge on certain items. But if the amount in the matrix is 0.00, then that's free, too, and I'm lost.
Quote:
If there is a lag time for changing the matrix then i wont know for sure but when i changed an individual item it overrode the free ship from global editor.
I'll wait and see if it stays that way in a day if there is a lag time for the matrix update to take affect.

I know there is lag time after you run the global editor, but I thought that enabling/disabling the matrix was instantaneous. But I could well be wrong!

Keep us posted--I'm hoping to get back on board with what you're trying to do! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: