eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to set-up free shipping charge to all countries?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zenden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ WT...LOL I'm confused too!!
Yes I had the matrix in the first box 0.00 plus did global editor free for lite items . I changed 0.00 in the matrix to 5.95 , now have to wait for global free to kick in and then try changing one item to weight dependable and see if it works..
It's like the more I try to figure this out, the more confused i get.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Cosmetic-Store

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: cosmetic-store.ecrater.com Reply with quote

Smile check out my store http://cosmetic-store.ecrater.com

Any Question Don't hesitate to contact me on
cosmetic30@gmail.com
zenden

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really confused now. I did Global Editor to make all of my one category free shipping and apparently it doesn't override what is individually marked with doing each item because it still isn't coming up free ship. Now I look at the global editor and it has a green check mark next to where I did that action but it reads "0" instead of the number of items it did. So it didn't perform the action??
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes the global editor has a glitch and doesn't change anything at all. Also, sometimes you could have let's say 400 items and you select to change something with all 400 items, and the global editor will only apply that change to 40 of those items. It's been doing that with me alot lately. You just have to keep running the editor over & over again and eventually it should make the change on all of your items. I noticed too, that it only started doing this with me when the amount of items I had in my store were increased to over 700 and as I keep growing, it's getting worse. I guess with the more items you have, the less it is able to make the changes to all of them. Do you have alot of items in your store?
zenden

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have about 250 items so far. Wow, that's really a painful glitch when you need to do something to all of your items.. So now I guess I have to go in indiv. and change the ship charge. I also think I'm dropping some products from a certain company because they won't give me weights on items when shipped so i have no idea what to charge the customer.. I had another sale the other day and again, losing money because of shipping..
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zenden, I must be hitting all the right things, but everything I clicked on in your store is showing free shipping. What category did you run the change on?
Edited to add - I found charges on the pet cookies and the cupboards. Didn't click far enough!

How did you run the global editor to get free shipping since that isn't one of the choices? Did you run it to set the charge at 0.00, set 0.00 weight, etc? I'm still sort of confused, I have to confess.
zenden

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi WT..
Yes, I did global editor with 0. I only did it for my jewelry category though, so the others would come up with shipping charges.. I'm going to try the global editor again as suggested here.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here I go again--all the jewelry items I've clicked on are showing Free shipping! Laughing I know I clicked on at least 14, so I guess I just missed all the ones that failed.
Quote:
Yes, I did global editor with 0.

0 for what? Flat shipping Mainland?

The global editor is not instant, I guess everybody knows that. It takes several hours sometimes for everything to show the changes.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know why you are having trouble with the global editor picking up all your items for change. When i do a mass UK price change or AU change it picks up all my items the first go round and that is over 7000 items. It won't count and change things that don't need the change made though, so if you try to change 400 and only 40 change and you try to run it again to do the same change as before, the most that should change is 360, etc. or zero is those other 360 don't need the change made (because it is already done during listing or whatever).
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had anything fail to edit either, although I'm nowhere near 7000. I'm still not able to find a single jewelry item that isn't Free shipping, so I can't really follow the problem or figure out what didn't work.

Just have to wait for the next update, I guess! Wink
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonwishes, with me, the problem is that the global editor is not changing anything at all. I ran the editor to change some wording that I have in all of my descriptions and when it was done it said that the items that were processed was zero. Don't know why. As I said before, it only started doing this recently. I tried it a few times and got zero all 3 times.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bearcreek, Could be I have only used it to change conversion prices. Everything else I do manually. Is it maybe just not being able to pick up and exchange the wording you need it to. I always thought there was a bit of a limit to what the editor can do.
zenden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran the global editor four times and still zero items came up changed. So I just went and changed the matrix price for l lb to zero. So now I have to go into each listing and adjust prices to accommodate for free shipping on 1 lb or less that isn't jewelry.. What a pain...
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zenden wrote:
I ran the global editor four times and still zero items came up changed. So I just went and changed the matrix price for l lb to zero. So now I have to go into each listing and adjust prices to accommodate for free shipping on 1 lb or less that isn't jewelry.. What a pain...

I so wish you could describe here what you are doing. Sad If the global editor failed 4 times, then either (1) it is not working correctly, in which case Ecrater should be notified to fix it, or (2) you are missing a step somewhere, in which case we might be able to help you find it.

Best of luck to you in trying to work it out!
Becky
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: