eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I miss my Ecrater!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold on ebay for about 6 years using the store set up and left to sell exclusively here two years ago. Within months I was passing up my ebay sales for the last couple months I was there and then when you don't include all the fees I wasn't paying things started looking really good. The stress really went down also because on ebay it feels like all you are doing is tweaking listings to go with the new rules they would roll out and just when you thought you were done they would roll out new rules, rinse and repeat over and over. I couldn't handle it any more. I love selling here. Would probably like to have my own site someday, but trying to move, accurately, over 7500 and counting listings is a huge operation and I do fine here. As long as things go well for me, I'm here. The UK site has been great too.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
sapphiremistsheetmusic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent!! things are going well for you!!

I'm going to set up a page over on facebook tonight...can the ecrater widgets go on facebook or do they only work on myspace?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't figured out how to do the widgets on FB. I don't think they work there, but you can click on the FB icon on one of your pages and write a short blurb and post it to your page and it will create a direct link back to the listing. You might want to try your popular 6 pieces first (one a day)!
sapphiremistsheetmusic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Stuck in my Outbox Reply with quote

Moonwishes...I tried to send you a PM as I wanted to ask you about Facebook but the message is stuck in my outgoing file for some reason!!
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Stuck in my Outbox Reply with quote

sapphiremistsheetmusic wrote:
Moonwishes...I tried to send you a PM as I wanted to ask you about Facebook but the message is stuck in my outgoing file for some reason!!

It stays there until the party you are sending it to receives it = signs in.
Florida-House

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Help my sales have dropped. Reply with quote

I do not know what happend my stores started to take off and now they are at a stalemate. Sales have dropped and I have 3 items no matter how I work with them are disapproved by Google.

Bases Loaded: The Inside Story of the Steroid Era in Baseball by Kirk Radomski [!author:Kirk Radomski!] [!binding:hardcover!] [!publisher:Hudson Street Press!] [!year:1/27/2009!] [!edition:First Edition, First Printing, Full Print Line. !] [!ean:9781594630569!] [!isbn:1594630569!] [!genre:Media > Books > Non-Fiction > Biographies!]

The Last Undercover: The True Story of an FBI Agent's Dangerous Dance with Evil by Bob Hamer [!author:Bob Hamer!] [!binding:hardcover!] [!publisher:Center Street!] [!year:9/2/2008!] [!edition:First Edition, First Printing, Full Print Line. !] [!ean:9781599951010!] [!isbn:1599951010!] [!genre:Media > Books > Non-Fiction > Biographies!]

John Grisham's The Rainmaker Original Movie Theater Poster [!actor: Matt Damon, Claire Danes, Danny DeVito, Jon Voight, Danny Glover, Virginia Madsen, Mary Kay Place, Mickey Rourke, Johnny Whitworth, Teresa Wright, Dean Stockwell, Red West, Roy Scheider, Randy Travis, Andrew Shue, Francis Ford Coppola!][!feature: Collectible, Entertainment Memorabilia, Movie Memorabilia, Posters, Originals-United States!][!length: 40 inches!][!width: 27 inches!][!year: 1997!][!department: Arts & Entertainment > Artwork > Posters & Reproductions!][!brand:!][!mpn:!]
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida -- the poster could be because you have more than 10 attributes in the actors category. I believe you are only allowed 10. I stick with 10 which probably means I read it somewhere, but can't tell you where.

You are repeating the ISBN in the ean space. I stopped selling books a while ago, but I think that ean means a manufacturers number in Europe not the 13 digit ISBN number. That should be under ISBN. All books in the US are now being given both a 13 and 10 digit ISBN number and eventually the 10 digit will be dropped.

Other than that I can't see anything unless it is those >> symbols or the slashes in the dates instead of a hyphen, but you know what you are using with your other books that works. I also don't do posters. I'm in my own little niche and don't budge much from it.
Florida-House

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: isbn ean Reply with quote

there are 3 categories of numbers
ISBN (10 digits)
ISBN/13 or EAN (13 digits)
UPC (12 digits)

I have approx 1300 books for sale, these are the only ones not loading.

I will reduce the number of actors.

Thank you
zenden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to figure out google attributes but can't. It tells me what to fill in thats missing but when i do it still doesn't change it..
any ideas?
Florida-House

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zenden wrote:
I've been trying to figure out google attributes but can't. It tells me what to fill in thats missing but when i do it still doesn't change it..
any ideas?

It takes about 3 weeks to change the google settings, be patient.

You can check for additional attributes you can fill in on the attribute page. Click on the question mark on the right. Fill out all of the attributes that apply to your item. It is easier than going back again to fill in more.
zenden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Florida House, thanks for your reply.
How do I know if I'm filling it in correctly if it takes so long to take effect?
I dont understand the attributes asking me for color then I put a color and it says I need value and brand name, which doesn't make sense to me with my items. No place for color either?
Florida-House

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zenden wrote:
Hi Florida House, thanks for your reply.
How do I know if I'm filling it in correctly if it takes so long to take effect?
I dont understand the attributes asking me for color then I put a color and it says I need value and brand name, which doesn't make sense to me with my items. No place for color either?

You click on attributes
then you enter the tittle of attribute you are submitting the second column is the actual attribute.

It would look like this. Note the first column has to be in lower case.

color red
brand sony
MPN 12345
upc 111111111111

this is from the site

The more RELEVANT attributes you include here the greater the chances to receive better placement in Google Product Search.

I. Unique Product Identifiers Attributes (brand is required for apparel; the rest attributes are required for all products but custom made and apparel)

brand - The brand name of the product.
example: Sony

mpn - Manufacturer's Part Number is a unique code determined by the manufacturer for that product.
example: HSC0424PP

gtin - In this attribute, you will include Global Trade Item Numbers (GTINs) for your products. These identifiers include UPC (in North America), EAN (in Europe), JAN (in Japan), and ISBN (for books). If you are already including an attribute named 'upc', 'ean', 'jan', or 'isbn', you don't need to add this attribute.
example: 001234567891

upc - Universal Product Code is a 12-digit number often below the bar code of the item.
example: 834721479305

ean - EAN (used in Europe) is a 13-digit number.
example: 1001234567891

jan - JAN (used in Japan) is a 8 or 13-digit number.
example: 12345678 or 1234567890123

isbn - This is a unique 10 or 13-digit number assigned to every printed book.
example: 0451524233

II. Important Attributes (required for apparel)

color - The color of the item.
example: red

size - The size of an item. Appropriate values include: XS, S, M, L, XL, etc
example: M

material - The material the product is made out of.
example: leather

pattern - The pattern or graphic print featured on a product. For example, a t-shirt might have a logo of a sports team and have pattern values of "Bears", "Tigers", etc. A dress might come in two prints, and have pattern values of "Polka Dot", "Striped", "Paisley", etc.
example: Striped

gender - Gender of the item. Valid values are: Male, Female and Unisex
example: male

age_group - Target age group of the item. Valid values are: Adult and Kids
example: kids

III. Other attributes

age_range - The suggested age range for the toy.
example: 2-5

capacity - For electronic devices, the amount of memory included in a product. The value must be number and unit.
example: 128 MB

focus_type - The type of focus a camera has. Appropriate values include: auto, manual, fixed, etc.
example: manual

format - The format of the product.
example: DVD

genre - The genre of the product.
example: Rock and Roll

megapixels - The resolution of a digital imaging device. The value must be number and unit.
example: 5.2 MP

platform - The platform the game is on.
example: Nintendo Wii

rating - The rating of the product.For movies, include the MPAA rating, for video games, include the ESRB rating, etc
example: PG-13

style - The style of the product.
example: casual

featured_product - Used to indicate that specific product is special or featured. Accept values 'y' or 'n'.
zenden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be dense becasue it still doesn't make any sense to me.
The first column is the title?? what would the title be for a butterfly bracelet? And the second says value attribute. I dont understand what to put in that one either. I dont see anything that says color column
Florida-House

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zenden wrote:
The first column is the title?? what would the title be for a butterfly bracelet? And the second says value attribute. I dont understand what to put in that one either. I dont see anything that says color column

attribute = description of item

columns
title attribute

product jewelry
color red
style bracelet
feature butterfly
brand
mpn

Last edited by Florida-House on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zenden wrote:
The first column is the title of the attribute you want to add. The second column is the value of that attribute. In the list above the "title of the attribute" are things like color, size, material, etc. So if your butterfly bracelet is gold-tone in color, you would put the word color in the first column with no space before or after the word and no capital letters. Then you would put gold-tone in the second column. If your butterfly bracelet is gold-tone and purple, you would put gold-tone, purple in the second column. Note there would be no space before gold-tone or after gold-tone, then a comma, then a space, then the word purple with no space after the word. You would not list color twice, only once in the first column with the two words for a value in the second column.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: