eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Suggestion: Ecrater should send an email first

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TOPPER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Suggestion: Ecrater should send an email first Reply with quote

to explain a violation of terms , then suspend after 24 hours. i feel like a pest. or at least email a note. i hope to have 400 items on Ecrater by summer. and where is a list of the most violated terms? And a "want it now" list?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Suggestion: Ecrater should send an email first Reply with quote

TOPPER wrote:
to explain a violation of terms , then suspend after 24 hours. i feel like a pest. or at least email a note. i hope to have 400 items on Ecrater by summer.

You aren't suspended, so keep on listing your 400 items.
Quote:
and where is a list of the most violated terms?

The list of terms is here - http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php - so what difference does it make which ones are violated the most?
Quote:
And a "want it now" list?

I think that's been brought up before; check the Suggestions forum. It's probably a low priority for most.

If Ecrater had a large, well-paid staff, they could probably assign someone to email a warning to all the stores about to be suspended. With a small staff, I would guess they have more to do and less time to send out warnings. Your suggestion is not bad, just not practical from a manpower standpoint.

Originally, we were told that we had to figure out the problem, fix it, and then tell Ecrater. Now, based on what I read here, sellers are able to email and ask what the problem is, so they have loosened up a little. If people would just take the time to read the Terms at the beginning, it would save them some time and trouble.
tre1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also made this suggetion in a previous thread http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=30249. My belief is that it will ultimately save lot of time for both sellers and Ecrater staff.

Quote:
If Ecrater had a large, well-paid staff, they could probably assign someone to email a warning to all the stores about to be suspended. With a small staff, I would guess they have more to do and less time to send out warnings. Your suggestion is not bad, just not practical from a manpower standpoint.

I am not sure whether this is exactly right. I don't think suspension of the stores are done manually. They must have implemented some automated scripts that go through the contents of each store and identify possible violations and suspend them (I am thinking so because my store was wrongly flagged for a violation recently). If this is the case, generating an automated email to let sellers know about suspensions might not be difficult.

Anyway, with the current settings, I am very thankful to Ecrater support staff for helping us to get things resolved.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what everyone who has had a store suspension needs to remember is that there are people who keep opening stores sometimes multiple stores at the same time all selling the same against the terms items with the mindset that if you throw enough sh#t against the wall some of it will stick. So that is one problem admin has to deal with.

However if you are on the forum much you will find a seller complaining that they got suspended but there are many other sellers selling the identical inventory. This would contradict the claim that there are automatic scripts that flag certain inventory.

This is solely my observation (I do not have access to admin's secrets) but I see that those targeted for suspension are selling technology and related accessories, using stock photos, and have not fully set up their stores so as to look professional. In other words if you look like a fly-by-nite, chances are you will get flagged and suspended until you prove otherwise.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also many of those sellers are also doing things like offereing payment options that arent allowed and many seem to be Oriental sellers which could be a language problem in how they are listing or they sell the high tech items Maggie mentioned. Most folks never come back to say WHY they were deleted and what they had to do.
MoJoMoonResell

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tre1 wrote:
Originally, we were told that we had to figure out the problem, fix it, and then tell Ecrater. Now, based on what I read here, sellers are able to email and ask what the problem is, so they have loosened up a little..

Really? Where and when is/was THIS going on? I fixed my error..who do I send a note to so they can un-suspend my store ASAP?

Time is money,ya know and some of us are just trying to get by in this cold, cruel world.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the first sticky on this Suspended thread. It gives you the info you need. It is your responsibilty to read and be familiar with and cooperate with the rules of this site, just as you expect YOUR customers to read your rules (per your terms of service page).
MoJoMoonResell

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: sorry.. i still dont see... Reply with quote

where do I send an email or post to so that theycan recheck my store after fixing possilbe infractions? Beleive it or not, I still want to sell on here.
Please just tell me where or who to send a note to so they re-check and I get my stores back up. Thanks in advance for your help and all past help as well.

~*Jo*~
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it highly interesting that you are willing to insult other sellers and buyers as too lazy to read when at the very top of this thread is a sticky that says "Read this topic first" which you apparently haven't. You have already said in one of your notes, that you had emailed ecrater once. Why do you expect us to track that email down again for you? This whole thread is about suspended stores where seller after seller whines about their suspensions and asks what to do and kind people tell them. But why tell you when you think everyone else is too lazy to read. You are the one that is too lazy to read.
MoJoMoonResell

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: wow..happy people you are not... Reply with quote

wow...I saw a MOD post the other day so thought this was the place..so, relax.....I already figured it out and sent the ecrater staff another email right when you told me the first time. When you said you were just sellers (and scatwoman acted rude & stupid) I knew to look elsewhere.

Sorry I wasted anyones time , most importantly mine, as I don't hang around on these boards waiting to flame ppl looking for a litlle help like some losers.... speaking of.. dont forget that Maggie scat or whatever insulted me first .. several times.....so.. Razz You should have already realized I don't tolerate idiots like that very well . Wink

Lesson learned on both ends...
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJoMoonResell
Please play nice.
The rules of this forum are posted here - http://community.ecrater.com/viewforum.php?f=4
Quote:
Insulting posts, rudeness and personal attacks will not be tolerated
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: