eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Is The Ecrater Seach Engine Down?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aJunkeeShoppe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Is The Ecrater Seach Engine Down? Reply with quote

My items don't appear in Ecrater search results. I am not getting the views count when I'm logged into my account.

Just wondering if Ecrater is repairing or updating.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your store has been suspended. For info look at the very top topic on the Suspended thread here.
aJunkeeShoppe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks. I looked at the thread you mentioned and there's to much stuff for me to identify what I did wrong. I sell a variety of second hand items and I must have something listed that's not allowed. I will need Ecrater to identify which item it is so I can correct the problem. I will send a contact email now.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest that you at least try to figure it out starting with the gun stuff. Eracter is not a venue that is into hand holding, they expect you to know the rules and follow them and if you foul up to fix it.
aJunkeeShoppe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to figure it out right now. All the gun stuff I have listed are holsters, a stage prop gun and some toy cap guns. I don't sell "Real" firearms at all.

I don't expect Ecrater to hold my hand but they can at least email me and let me know why I got suspended. That's fair.

I'm very experianced and I don't break the rules intentionally. I don't deal with illegal stuff. I do know some sites have issues with knives but the few knives I have are all legal for the most part.

I just don't know. I was selling a microphone on another site and they emailed me they removed it because it was a knockoff. I haven't relisted it anywhere but I will check my Ecrater inventory to see if I did by mistake. All my other mics are genuine brands that are legal.

I sent Ecrater a contact message and I hope they will tell me what the problem is. That's fair enough.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junkee, just going by your home page, do you have some sort of shipping listed or do buyers have to contact you for shipping price? If you don't have shipping determined either by flat rate, matrix or USPS calculated it means you are shipping for free. Also you might check to make sure you are not accepting payment methods not supported by eCRATER.
aJunkeeShoppe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips Maggie the Cat

I took out the contact me for shipping thing even though it was just meant as a haggling tool. I use the shipping calculator on all my items so the shipping charges are spelled out for the buyers to see before the purchase.

As for the payment methods, Paypal, Google Checkout and money orders are the payment methods listed.

I was reading other posts and came across a statement that says suspended accounts will have a message in the suspended stores that states the store has been suspended. I don't have a message posted in my store.

I just can't figure out why my listings aren't showing up. I can't see any violation on my part. Ecrater should at least send out an email stating the reason even though Ecrater is a totally free marketplace. Just to be courtious to the patrons that list on Ecrater.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was reading other posts and came across a statement that says suspended accounts will have a message in the suspended stores that states the store has been suspended. I don't have a message posted in my store.

I just can't figure out why my listings aren't showing up. I can't see any violation on my part. Ecrater should at least send out an email stating the reason even though Ecrater is a totally free marketplace. Just to be courtious to the patrons that list on Ecrater.

No they don't put a message that says your store is suspended. You can tell because no listings are showing and there is a note on the pages that there is no such product or something like that.

Ecrater doesn't send out messages to tell you or warn you about an impending suspension. As I said before they expect you to know the rules and follow them. Sometimes to be sure that someone isn't selling pirated goods they will make them produce receipts to show they are allowed to market the item. Since we can't see your listings we don't know what could be the trouble.

Many new sellers have problems simply because they don't research what is and isn't allowed before listing here, they just jump in and never look at a single rule. Not saying you did thes, but seems to be a common complaint. Ecrater tries to keep a clean marketplace that is available for all of us to sell on. One person selling pirated goods has the potential of shutting down the whole site, so ecrater proceeds with caution.
aJunkeeShoppe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I got lucky because Tracy replied to my contact email and referred to the fact no "Gun Parts" are allowed.

I "Don't Sell Gunparts". Any gun parts I sell go to "GunBroker.com". I haven't had any gun parts since Ebay stopped allowing them so I sold out the few actual gun parts I did have and I don't aquire anymore.

Now Ecrater may have their own definition of gun parts to mean "Gun Holsters", Cap Guns and Stage Props. Usually the definition of gun parts means parts that actually are used on guns to make them fire and "Not" meaning gun accessories like holsters and toy guns.

Oh well, I'll remove all my holsters and the toy guns and put them on GunBrokers.com. The only actual gun parts I have are some AK clips and they are on GunBrokers.com. They can only be sold to gun dealers with a FFL license (Federal Firearms License) and this is stated in the GunBrokers .com listing. Guns can be sold online but there's lots of rules and special shipping rules only to someone with a FFL.

Ecrater may not be up on firearms but I'm knowledgeable.

I'll remove the holsters and toy guns since Ecraters definition of gun parts include them.

This other store marketplace site allows gun accessories but they added a payment service that won't service your purchases if you have gun accessories or any knives of any kind legal or illegal. Every marketplace site has their own definitions I guess.

I guess I will make Gunbrokers.com my exclusive site for gun accessories since I'm having so many problems.

To view my inventory before I get my listing reactivated here you can visit my personal web store not on any marketplace:

[removed URL to other site]

Thanks!
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think eCRATER prefers to be safe rather than sorry. This is a low budget operation which you probably realized based on the lack of fees you pay. Therefore I assume eCRATER doesn't have millions lying around to pay legal fees in case they get sued.

I do know they don't allow replicas so I would assume toy guns would fall in that category.
aJunkeeShoppe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's understandable that Ecrater wants to be safe so they don't have any trouble with government or cause seekers out to drain funds from a site that doesn't charge fees to profit.

As for the toy guns, they are legal to sell as long as they have a "Yellow" or "Orange" stripe around the end of the barrel or some kind of a Yellow or Orange plug in the end of the barrel.

Toy guns manufactured today come factory painted with the orange or yellow stripe around the end of the barrel. Paintball guns are all sold with factory installed orange or yellow plastic plugs. Older toy guns and paintball guns that are sold must have a handmade plug put into the end of the barrel like my toy guns. I rolled up an orange piece of crate paper and stuffed it in the end to signify that it is a "Toy" and doesn't fire projectiles of any kind.

I tried to sell a boating flare gun years ago on Ebay and Ebay kicked it off because it fired a projectile. This was well before it became common place to ban bb guns, pellet guns. Now most sites ban these items on their own.

Ebay and most sites still allow compound bows, paintball guns and spear guns. Paintball guns have to be listed as "Paintball Markers" though. There's big time money and sales in compound bows, paintball markers and spear guns and a site that bans these are cutting their own throats a bit. They draw alot of decent traffic to a marketplace site.

I got a reply from the Ecrater staff with a list of things that they didn't like. I removed these items. I also stated to the Ecrater staff that I would remove anything they deemed to be unsuitable to them. Alot of people would be pissed off because these items "Are Legal" but I'm OK with removing items a site doesn't like and I can find other places that do allow these items.

I would advise the Ecrater staff to list any "Gun Accessories" and replica toy guns they don't like in their list of items that are banned so patrons can easily access this information and these legal items don't get thrown in the pot with illegal "Gun Parts". People will get less pissed off about their "Legal" items getting the boot and it's better relations with Ecrater patrons.

I told the Ecrater staff I would remove anything they thought was unsuitable and I'm waiting for a response to remove more legal items or I'm waiting for my listings to be activated. One or the other.

Thanks!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: