eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google feed rejected items

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeelsnHose

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Google feed rejected items Reply with quote

The lastest google feed status shows 22 items not accepted. These are items that have gone through the google feeds without problem for months and I have not changed them recently. The problem I have is that they do not show up as missing required attributes, unique identifiers, or images. So how am I supposed to know why they were rejected?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See "Unknown 'google product category' value" thread in the Help forum at http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=30758

From eCrater admin: "This message is an error"
HeelsnHose

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoxAndFish wrote:
See "Unknown 'google product category' value" thread in the Help forum at http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=30758

From eCrater admin: "This message is an error"

Thanks but I am not selling magazines. I am selling shoes and that is not the message I received. The message I received says "22 products are disapproved from Google and are currently not listed in Google Product search." It goes on to say I am losing traffic and should fix all required attributes. The problem as I said in my original post is that non of the 22 have any missing required attributes as far as I can tell.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeelsnHose wrote:
Thanks but I am not selling magazines.

Not all my disapproved products are magazines. Some are textiles and previous to that were handbags.

HeelsnHose wrote:
The message I received says "22 products are disapproved from Google and are currently not listed in Google Product search." It goes on to say I am losing traffic and should fix all required attributes.

That is the same message I received: "267 products are disapproved from Google and are currently not listed in Google Product Search. You are losing traffic! Please add all required attributes and make sure your products are fully compliant with Google's policies."

HeelsnHose wrote:
The problem as I said in my original post is that non of the 22 have any missing required attributes as far as I can tell.

Mine don't have missing attributes, either.

You may be having a diff. problem. But it sounded like the problem other sellers have been having.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The message eventually goes away. It is a stock message. I have gotten them often, done nothing and they go away after a while.

Heels and hose I see a major problem in your titles that may cost you Google placement and sales. You show the same shoe with each listing a different size and color. That is fine but Google only reads the early part of the title and may not pick up the size differentiation as it is at the end of the title.

Then if someone comes to your store and is looking at the gallery view they do not see the size in the title and will have to click on every picture to get to their size. Starting with size or having it visible in the gallery view will eliminate that problem.
HeelsnHose

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:

Then if someone comes to your store and is looking at the gallery view they do not see the size in the title and will have to click on every picture to get to their size. Starting with size or having it visible in the gallery view will eliminate that problem.

They don't have to click on each listing. If you run the cursor over the picture you get the full title.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all shoppers know that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: