eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

When a buyer wants to purchase an item, how come the....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodard2009

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: When a buyer wants to purchase an item, how come the.... Reply with quote

number of items isn't displayed somewhere on the page. I know it's trivial, but whenever I have a sale of a multiple item, I find myself having to go into my page, clicking the edit button just to view how many of that item I have left & what's worse is buyers have no idea how many items I have either. If they had an idea of how many items were available, they may feel inclined to purchase more than one. Just a suggestion to be considered.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a forum section for suggestions and there is already a topic on this subject. You might want to add your comments to the suggestion topic. I would think it would help the eCrater staff to see all the comments on one subject in one area. Here's a link:
isplay count available on listing
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=26836&start=0
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once the buyer hits the buy now button, the will get a page that has the a quantity box. You can put in a different number than one. If a buyer puts in 5 and you have six, it will take that number, but if you only have 4 of the item it will tell you only 4 is available and change the quantity to 4. So it is possible for a buyer to know how many items you have.

As a buyer you should have your own database that shows what you have and how many plus any other needed info. As long as you have inventory control enabled, your listing will show the correct amount and you should manually correct the number in your database as needed.
clearspace80

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: When a buyer wants to purchase an item, how come the.... Reply with quote

I include the number of items I have in stock in the product description so my customers know how much of an item I have available. Wink
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: When a buyer wants to purchase an item, how come the.... Reply with quote

clearspace80 wrote:
I include the number of items I have in stock in the product description so my customers know how much of an item I have available. Wink

But then you need to edit your listings everytime just one item sells.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But then you need to edit your listings everytime just one item sells.

Which is also a bother. Very Happy

I do check each and every listing after a sale to be sure my quantity is correct and if my database and my ecrater listings don't agree, then I have to haul hubby back in the office to pull the pattern box and do a manual eyeball check for quantity and sizes. It may take me some time but I would rather have correct listings than incorrect and sell something I no longer have OR have something I think is listed and somehow it isn't anymore! Embarassed
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: