eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How did some of my listings become "hidden" How to

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnGrit

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: How did some of my listings become "hidden" How to Reply with quote

...active. Do I have to (un-hide) re-activate each one individually? I really do not need this extra work. How can I prevent this from happening again? Is this because they sold sometime in the past?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: How did some of my listings become "hidden" Ho Reply with quote

JohnGrit wrote:
Is this because they sold sometime in the past?

Did you enable Inventory Control in your store admin Options?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: How did some of my listings become "hidden" Ho Reply with quote

JohnGrit wrote:
...active. Do I have to (un-hide) re-activate each one individually?

I really do not need this extra work. How can I prevent this from happening again? Is this because they sold sometime in the past?

Since you are talking about only "some" of your listing, you need to determine how they became hidden. If you have inventory activated in your store, then yes they will be hidden when the customer pays via PayPal or GC during the checkout process. You need to check your order section regarding your sales. Sellers should be checking their order section daily rather than waiting for emails because glitches can happen where the Payment service doesn't send an email.

There may be other reasons why individual items may be hidden that others know about, but this was the only reason I know about.
JohnGrit

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou. I remember changing inventory control button a while ago. That must be it. I am having one other problem with relisting these sold items. When I click to relist, the photo disappears. It was there before (when hidden) and then when I go to relist, it is not there anymore. No photo in the photo jpg box. I have to re-download a photo from somewhere else every time I want to un-hide (relist) a sold item. This has happened on my only two relists so far. Any way not to have my photos disappear?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not related to the question asked, but I noticed another problem in your store. I looked at a modem that states the shipping is $7.00 for the mainland but has $0.00 shipping to Alaska & Hawaii. We are required to ship to all 50 states and I thought you probably would want to charge shipping to those states. Having them listed separately is a blessing/curse on eCrater, it's a pain to add the additional info if it's the same shipping for all 50 states, but it's great if you need to charge more for those two.

The items I sell in all my stores are one of a kind items with their own photos, so I don't know the answer to your second question.
JohnGrit

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the relisting and losing the photo problem, I found the error. It has something to do with clicking on the little two-paper page icon vrs the little pencil icon. I use the pencil icon and do not lose my photo in the relist process.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnGrit wrote:
On the relisting and losing the photo problem, I found the error. It has something to do with clicking on the little two-paper page icon vrs the little pencil icon. I use the pencil icon and do not lose my photo in the relist process.
Actually, it isn't an error. The pencil icon is for editing a listing and the two-page icon will copy the listing. If you have an item to list that has a lot in common with another item, you can copy the first listing, add your new photo and edit the things different. It's a great time saver if the GS attributes are the same, categories same, shipping info same, etc., just tweak the things different, add photo and new listing is complete.

A quick way to know if you are in edit mode or have opened a duplicate page is the photo; with photo - edit, no photo - duplicate copy.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: