eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to hide part of a long product description?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clearspace80

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: How to hide part of a long product description? Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me how to hide part of a long product description so that it will not take up the entire page. I've looked at other seller's items and noticed that when the description is long that part of it is hidden and you have to click on the link [full description] to read the rest.

Thank you in advance for helping me solve this head scratcher! Wink
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The system does that. We have no control over it. Most of us complain because our listings get cut off.

If your descriptions are long because you have lots of information about shipping, returns, etc. this information is not to be included in the description but put on your text pages or FAQs.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think in general if you have a long description, if a buyer comes to it through the main ecrater site, it will be truncated, but if they come to it via a link of yours in your own store they should see the whole description.

Why would you want to hide part of a description anyhow? We wish the whole thing would show all the time but we have no control of it. The problem with them getting cut off is depending on your download speed it can take awhile for the 'see full description' to appear, so a buyer can literally read what description is there, make a decision and buy the product without seeing the whole description which isn't good unless your item is in pristine, new condition.
clearspace80

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: How to hide part of a long product description? Reply with quote

Thanks for the info everyone. I was just interested in hiding part of long descriptions for aesthetic purposes. Thanks again! Razz
viewfinders

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had items returned because people didn't see the whole description.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: