eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Please let sellers know about suspension of their stores

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tre1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Please let sellers know about suspension of their stores Reply with quote

Dear all,
I am a relatively new seller in Ecrater (started my store http://www.tre1.ecrater.com/ in December 2011). I sold few items since then. Yesterday, I realized that my items are no longer available through Ecrater and, only after reading this forum, I realized that my store might have been suspended for some reason. I still could not identify a possible violation that might have caused my store to be suspended. Based on suggestions in this forum I contacted Ecrater and still awaiting a response from them Sad . Based on this experience I have a suggestion to Ecrator administrators.

Could you please notify the corresponding sellers (with the details of the violation) if their store is going to be suspended? If this can be done before actual suspension happens (as a warning) that would be even better. It will allow sellers to correct their mistakes and continue to sell in Ecrater. I think it will save time of both sellers and the customer service representatives in Ecrater.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read the terms and conditions of selling on eCRATER? They state very clearly that eCRATER can suspend or cancel your account without notice.

You are using stock photos and may or may not have permission to do so. That may or may not be your problem. Your products may or may not be authentic. Stores that sell technology and related accessories, designer products, and media seem to be more prone to problems and therefore probably more prone to flagging.

There are many other reasons for suspensions as you will see if you read the terms. I can't see your store so can only guess.
tre1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat,
Thanks for reply. I am not questioning Ecrater's right to suspend our stores. If we want to sell in Ecrater we need to abide by their terms. Period. I just wanted to make a suggestion to Ecrater, that might be beneficial to all the sellers including me.

Today I got a reply from Ecrater. The reason for suspension is "selling/listing suspected counterfeit designer, brand name, or copyrighted products". As you suggested, I think my store got flagged because I have some software for sale. I sent original receipts for all my products to Ecrater, so hopefully my store will be reactivated soon.

Thanks for your advice. I will try to streamline my store in the future.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tre1 - I'm guessing that those images in your store were not taken by you. Thereefore that's copyright issue UNLESS you have written permission to use them.
ALSO, not sure if you have anything SONY but I can tell you that SONY does not allow unauthorized sellers of their merchandise. I'm sure there are other companies that claim they have the right to control who sells their product as well. So unless you are an authorized dealer you might have some issues.
tre1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear bigtallmensclothing,
Thanks a lot for your advice. After submitting my original receipts, I got my store re-activated Very Happy.

Since both theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat and you pointed out about use of stock images, I am going to replace all images in my store with my own images of the products in order to avoid any future issues. For the moment I have put my store on hold, until I replace the current images I have.

For the moment I don't have any SONY products in my store. I will make sure not to have them in my store in the future also.

As a new seller in Ecrater, I really appreciate your valuable comments. Thanks
tre1

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone wanted to know more details about how I got my store re-instated.
Quote:

Buyer: How to solve the suspend of the store?
Hi friend,
I read that your store is re-activated "After submitting my original receipts, I got my store re-activated", so i want to know what the original receipts is.
I hope if you could help me.
Kind regards

Basically, Ecrater admins wanted to make the items in my store (eg. software) are authentic items. For this I submitted the purchase receipts indicating that I have previously purchased those items from other stores. Hope this helps.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and if the person who wrote to you doesn't have any idea what an original receipt is they have more of problem than the possiblity of being suspended. Our stores for the most part are businesses. All businesses have to keep receipts showing where they got their merchandise from and what they paid for it in case Uncle Sam comes to audit, although I suppose not so much a problem if they don't have an Uncle Sam in their life. It is just part of the everyday bookkeeping that you need to do if you run a business.

The only reason that you might not have a receipt is if you are selling something used that you bought or were given long ago and the receipt was lost or you purchased something at a yard sale, but you should keep documentation of what you bought, how much it was and even the mileage to the yard sale. I can't get out to them as much, but I used to keep the dated section of the newspaper showing the sale I went to to help document.

If a person has a large quantity of electronics without a receipt, or the receipt isn't from the right place it likely means you are most likely selling stolen or pirated goods another big no-no. Many trade name products can only be sold via selected merchandisers. You may have thought you were buying form a legitimate seller for resell, but if a price is to good to be true, it probably is.

Just things to think about.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree that notifying sellers that they are suspended would be helpful.

I log into the "preview" of my store every single day because I'm afraid one day I will find that my items are no longer there, that I've been suspended. I've not broken any rules, but it seems so arbitrary.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, eCrater need to add a message or something to the seller. It is so sad enter the forum and see sometimes the "suspended topics" everywhere.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: