eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Feedback question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
koolcatvintage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Feedback question Reply with quote

I have recently not been receiving any feedback and have sold several items in the past few months. I'm wondering if my customers are even receiving the notifications from ecrater to leave feedback. Is there a way to send out links to leave feedback? I understand maybe a lot of people don't want to even bother but just wanted to inquire about how it works. Thanks.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you can't send out links because we don't even have them. If you got paid with checks or MO the customers can't leave FB, and only 10-20% leave it anyhow.
koolcatvintage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be great if there was a way to leave feedback somewhere within the listing, where the buyer can just go back to the listing, click on "Leave Feedback" and 1-2-3 it's done, but I see that it is not how it is. That way even the customers who paid by check or MO would be able to leave feedback. Ok, thanks for your response. Smile
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get hung up on feedback here or you will be truly miserable. I think sometimes there must be delays in sending the emails as I will go a couple of months without feedback and suddenly have several.
koolcatvintage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a customer email me yesterday happy with her purchase & eager to leave feedback. She was asking for the link to do so. Kind of frustrating not being able to do this...
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koolcatvintage wrote:
I just had a customer email me yesterday happy with her purchase & eager to leave feedback. She was asking for the link to do so. Kind of frustrating not being able to do this...

You can tell her how it works. It's in her email if she was a qualified purchaser
koolcatvintage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the customer get an email from ecrater right after the purchase with the feedback link in it?
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koolcatvintage wrote:
Does the customer get an email from ecrater right after the purchase with the feedback link in it?

as stated in the FAQ section of this forum under the feedback topic -
Qualified buyers - ones that paid instantly using only PayPal or google checkout - receive an email from noreply@ecrater.com with a link at the time the payment was made and again about 20 days later. They must have that link to leave feedback.
KEEP in mind MANY mail systems put all noreply emails in the trash or spam folder - IF they deliver them at all. AOL is known for not delivering such emails.
The subject line reads "Rate your transaction for seller xxxx" and the email is from noreply@ecrater.com
buttonbanter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My feedback and items sold number has not changed in quite some time and I too have been asked how a customer can leave feedback.

I also have made purchases by Google Checkout and Paypal and never received any link to leave feedback.

I don't think the system is perfected.
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I very often get emails from buyers thanking me and expressing their pleasure in receiving my items quickly, how happy they are with the items, etc. Very few leave feedback through ecrater. Roughly 20% have left feedback through ecrater.
I don't sweat the feedback, if they leave it great, if not so what. I know it's nice to get "good" feedback, like a pat on the back but not necessary. As long as it's not negative feedback I'm happy.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased something from another ecrater seller and my email with the feedback link came the same day I purchased it--but it went directly to my spam filter. I use Yahoo for my email.
vintageinterestnmore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The times I've purchase here within the last couple of months, I received the feedback response immediately. Previously, I received it after a period of time.
thetomsboutique

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I'm concerned with feedback, is I worry (perhaps erroneously), that a "n/a" feedback score might deter some people from buying. So perhaps that might be why others are concerned about it, too. I myself have two sales, but still "no rating". Obviously, even with no rating, I was able to get two people to buy, but I can't help but wonder if anyone has decided not to buy because of my nonexistent score.

The sad thing is, most people nowadays only like to complain, so I guess no rating has really become the new positive.
Gigishop

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: I have the same problem Reply with quote

I have the same problem, I contacted with the customer to tell him to leave a response, but not an absolute answer
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gigishop, what is an absolute answer?

You can't make someone leave feedback and since you don't know the personality of your buyers, no matter how nicely you ask you could be asking for trouble....like negative feedback.

We all started with n/a feedback. Even after years here I have very little feedback compared to the number of items sold. Some people even email that they loved their purchase but don't leave feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: