eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Feedback question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have the same problem, I contacted with the customer to tell him to leave a response, but not an absolute answer

Not sure I understood you correctly, but you can't just tell a customer to 'leave a response'. Unless they got and kept the feedback link that ecrater sent, there is no way for them to leave feedback (or any kind of resonse). You shouldn't ask for feedback as it is the same as asking someone for a compliment.

When people go into Walmart, Sears, Bloomingdales, etc. do they leave feedback? Yes, but only with their feet and wallets. They either return or the don't. They either buy again or they don't. I understand how important feedback is for sellers on line so as a buyer I leave it, but it is a pain in the neck to leave it as it is just one more thing to do. One more email to cope with. I have found over the years that only 10-20% of people leave feedback and with that we need to be content.

The best way to get more feedback, it being sure your store is in great shape, with plenty of inventory, etc. to attract buyers to buy and then some of them with leave feedback. Don't sweat the small stuff.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Gigishop

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Thank you four your view Reply with quote

Yes, it seems so because I have sold more than one item and never get responses till now, but thank you for your advice and your view about my Q.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of it is a disconnect between buyers and selling online.
If all buyers also sold stuff online I think we would have feedbacks 90% of the time.
bigboyztoys

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since customers are sent a link for feedback when they pay with PayPal or Google, why doesn't eCrater send a copy of this email to the Seller so that at a later date they can forward it again to the Buyer who wishes to leave feedback?

Sure would solve some of the issues raised here.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
why doesn't eCrater send a copy of this email to the Seller so that at a later date they can forward it again to the Buyer who wishes to leave feedback?

Sorry, but absolutely not. I can't imagine trying to backtrack and keep track of all the potential feedback emails. I've never had a customer ask for a way to leave feedback and can't imagine any reasonable system for keeping those, deleting when no longer needed, etc. Even if it is set up somehow within the ecrater system if sellers are responsible for keeping track of them AND sending them off to a buyer, I think that is a lot of work with not much return in the end for the time spent. The customer now gets 2 emails with the link. Understanding even that some get deleted automatically by Yahoo, I think two feedback emails should be sufficient if someone really wanted to leave feedback.
bigboyztoys

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sorry, but absolutely not. I can't imagine trying to backtrack and keep track of all the potential feedback emails. I've never had a customer ask for a way to leave feedback and can't imagine any reasonable system for keeping those, deleting when no longer needed, etc. Even if it is set up somehow within the ecrater system if sellers are responsible for keeping track of them AND sending them off to a buyer, I think that is a lot of work with not much return in the end for the time spent. The customer now gets 2 emails with the link. Understanding even that some get deleted automatically by Yahoo, I think two feedback emails should be sufficient if someone really wanted to leave feedback.

No...We are sorry... but we vote absolutely YES.

We keep track of all emails for each purchase and hold them for 2 months following a sale. It is easy to do, just using Yahoo folders.

We have found from experience that there are Buyers out there who try to get something for nothing and weeks after they receive their item (which had delivery confirmation) claim that they did receive it or did not authorize a credit card oayment.

That is why we hold records for at least 2 months.

So getting an email from eCrater with a feedback link and filing it under the eCrater order number is NOT A PROBLEM for us and has saved us many times. In fact, if you are not doing that, you may want to re-think the issue.

We have reecived many positive reponses from Buyers by email who have complained that they deleted their eCrater email with the eedback link and have NO WAY of posting Positive Feedback for us. Having that eCrater email in our files would help to solve that problem.

If you don't want to go through the trouble...then don't and just ignore the email, but we do.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigboytoys, you are not getting a feedback email from eCRATER when you have a sale. So why are you attacking us for something that doesn't exist?

If you bug buyers about feedback you will surely lose them as repeat business and may earn nasty feedback. Grow up. The world doesn't revolve around you. Your buyers have more important things to do.

I have a hunch that the buyers who keep emailing asking for ways to leave feedback are responding to your demands that they leave it.

BTW, you seem to have lots of sales and feedback so not having 100% feedback doesn't seem to be hurting your business.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear, I keep ALL correspondence concerning ALL my sales including the non-sales (where buyer didn't pay) forever. I do not delete them, but I don't have the time to root through them all looking for a customers feedback email to send them, and as I said, I have NEVER received an email from a customer asking how to give feedback in all my sales here which at this point are well over 3000 orders. I do however get many complimentary emails concerning their purchase even if they haven't left feedback.

I have enough trouble when someone writes and says I didn't get my item, when they don't give their name, address, date of purchase, order number and at times not even the item description. I can't imagine the time involved for a person wanting to leave feedback writing and saying they want to leave feedback, and then we have to play the guessing game with multiple emails going back and forth just to figure out which sale they need it for (I do get repeat customers too). This is part of the reason I keep all correspondnce since many of the 'where's my stuff?' emails are about a purchase they made from someone else and since the buyer didn't keep any of their paperwork, I have to question them enough to finally be sure that they never bought from me in the first place, but since they see that I have what they ordered in the first place, they figure I must be the one they bought from. Confused

You can certainly ask ecrater for the ability to resend emails asking for the feedback, but that doesn't mean if it came about that all of us would use it.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigboyztoys wrote:
Since customers are sent a link for feedback when they pay with PayPal or Google, why doesn't eCrater send a copy of this email to the Seller so that at a later date they can forward it again to the Buyer who wishes to leave feedback?

Because there are unscrupulous sellers who would click on that link and leave glowing feedback for themselves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: