eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

My first Sale!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LotusStars

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: My first Sale! Reply with quote

I have sold an item ant the buyer has paid but it is still in my store, do I have to delete it myself?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have Inventory Control enabled in your admin under Options? If not, then you need to hide or delete the product manually. You can delete it if you like, but there are a few reasons to keep it hidden for a while. The customer may want to check back on the product (which can be done if the URL is known)...if you get more of that product, you can reactivate it...if you get a similar product, you can use that one to copy, then delete the original...the product link may still show in search engines, even if sold, and some popular products can attract customers to the store, so you can use the hidden listing to redirect customers to another page or the homepage. I keep PDF files of every sold product, in case there's a problem...and I don't delete the listing until there are no hits for a month...but that's just me.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hide the product. Don't delete for your protection in case of a dispute. After you either get feedback or plenty of time has elapsed for buyer to contact you if there is a problem you can delete it at your leisure.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: