eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Got my FIRST order, but I'm not sure what to do next?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaCutie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Got my FIRST order, but I'm not sure what to do next? Reply with quote

Got my first order just now, after about one month...But still excited!

The problem is, I'm not sure what to do next. Of course I know I need to ship the order etc.

- Should I send an email to the buyer to confirm the order and let them know that payment received?

- Should I send an email after I ship the order?

- Is there a way to communicate with the buyer via eCrater, instead of sending emails? Is there a "eCrater message" function?

- I received the payment, but in my eCrater "Order" , there is not a "paid" time, and there is a function for me to "mark as paid". Should I mark it?

- I enable "inventory control". The item I sold just now, my inventory is "1". So, after this sale, the inventory is "0". In this sense, the listing for this item in my store should be hidden or something, so that the other buyers won't purchase this item anymore. But the fact is, the listing is still out there. I think the other buyers will still be able to purchase? Am I correct?

Thanks very much for help!!

Thank you!!!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Got my FIRST order, but I'm not sure what to do next? Reply with quote

LaCutie wrote:

Congratulations!

LaCutie wrote:
The problem is, I'm not sure what to do next.

One thing you could do is read the FAQ forum thread "What to do AFTER THE SALE"...which answers most of your questions.

LaCutie wrote:
Is there a way to communicate with the buyer via eCrater, instead of sending emails?

No.

LaCutie wrote:
I enable "inventory control". The item I sold just now, my inventory is "1". So, after this sale, the inventory is "0". In this sense, the listing for this item in my store should be hidden or something, so that the other buyers won't purchase this item anymore. But the fact is, the listing is still out there.

The listing is still out where? Is the product grayed out in your admin? Does the product listing in your store show "On Hold" instead of "Buy Now"? There's more info on inventory control in the FAQ forum thread "Solutions to Common Questions - Inventory Control"
LaCutie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Got my FIRST order, but I'm not sure what to do next? Reply with quote

FoxAndFish wrote:
LaCutie wrote:

Congratulations!

LaCutie wrote:
The problem is, I'm not sure what to do next.

One thing you could do is read the FAQ forum thread "What to do AFTER THE SALE"...which answers most of your questions.

LaCutie wrote:
Is there a way to communicate with the buyer via eCrater, instead of sending emails?

No.

LaCutie wrote:
I enable "inventory control". The item I sold just now, my inventory is "1". So, after this sale, the inventory is "0". In this sense, the listing for this item in my store should be hidden or something, so that the other buyers won't purchase this item anymore. But the fact is, the listing is still out there.

The listing is still out where? Is the product grayed out in your admin? Does the product listing in your store show "On Hold" instead of "Buy Now"? There's more info on inventory control in the FAQ forum thread "Solutions to Common Questions - Inventory Control"

Thanks so much for your help, FoxAndFish!

The product is not grayed out in my admin, and in your store, it is still "Buy Now". Anyway, I'll check the FAQ forum for more information. Thank you very much!
LaCutie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Got my FIRST order, but I'm not sure what to do next? Reply with quote

Quote:
The product is not grayed out in my admin, and in your store, it is still "Buy Now".

Sorry, I made a mistake:
in MY store, it is still "Buy Now".
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check your PayPal account to confirm you have received the payment? If the customer completed their payment via PayPal, the order should have a green checkmark when you are looking at the order section of your admin section. Since you are seeing the option to "mark as paid" on the order and the system did not remove the item from your inventory when you have enabled inventory control, I would say the customer began the process of checkout but did not complete the payment at PayPal. If you do not see the payment in your PayPal account, the customer did not pay you since PayPal is the only method of payment available in your store.

The customer may have had a problem checking out with PayPal, they may be waiting to pay, or they may have changed their mind. Each seller has their own method of dealing with this situation. Some sellers will hid the item (so another buyer can't purchase) and send the customer an email. Some will send an invoice through PayPal. Some will send an invoice and a email. In the email it's a good idea to tell the customer you have reserved the item for them, give them a link to the item so they can see it again, and tell them exactly how long they have to pay before the item will be returned to inventory.
LaCutie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
Did you check your PayPal account to confirm you have received the payment? If the customer completed their payment via PayPal, the order should have a green checkmark when you are looking at the order section of your admin section. Since you are seeing the option to "mark as paid" on the order and the system did not remove the item from your inventory when you have enabled inventory control, I would say the customer began the process of checkout but did not complete the payment at PayPal. If you do not see the payment in your PayPal account, the customer did not pay you since PayPal is the only method of payment available in your store.

The customer may have had a problem checking out with PayPal, they may be waiting to pay, or they may have changed their mind. Each seller has their own method of dealing with this situation. Some sellers will hid the item (so another buyer can't purchase) and send the customer an email. Some will send an invoice through PayPal. Some will send an invoice and a email. In the email it's a good idea to tell the customer you have reserved the item for them, give them a link to the item so they can see it again, and tell them exactly how long they have to pay before the item will be returned to inventory.

Dear SheilaDeesPostcards, thank you so much for your detailed information! Yes, I received payment received notification from PP, and then I logged into my PP account, and the payment is there! So I think there should be no problem with the payment.

But the strange thing is, that I got "mark as paid" option in my "Order", and a moment ago, I marked it. Also, the inventory control didn't work this time. Not sure why. Anyway, I've already hidden the listing, so that other buyers won't be able to purchase it.

Thank you very much again! You're so helpful, always!
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaCutie wrote:
But the strange thing is, that I got "mark as paid" option in my "Order", and a moment ago, I marked it. Also, the inventory control didn't work this time. Not sure why. Anyway, I've already hidden the listing, so that other buyers won't be able to purchase it.

Inventory Control only works if the payment is instant, electronic, and completed via the eCRATER supplied URL to the customer.
LaCutie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Inventory Control only works if the payment is instant, electronic, and completed via the eCRATER supplied URL to the customer.

Thanks, cosmicray! I think you're right! The buyer did pay via PayPal, but I think she didn't use the URL supplied by eCrater. That's why there wasn't a "paid" time in my admin, and the inventory control didn't work. Thank you for your help : )
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well back to some of your other questions. How you handle after the sale is your own business there are no actual rules other than suggestions. I ship within 24 hours except weekends and holidays, so rather than email that I got their order followed immediately that I shipped their order, I just send an email saying I shipped their order (or if I am packing at night, tha the order will go out the next day) and I also give them their DC #. I include in the email any other pertinante info including the url to get back to my store. I include a packing slip that I made up which shows what they bought, and yet again how to get back to my store.

I use preformatted letters so I don't have to type them all by hand. I have one for US customers and one for international. When you format them, or whatever you do, do it and be sure spell check is working and that your letter or note is grammatically correct so that you look professional and serious. Your customer shouldnt know or be able to tell is this is your 1st or 1,000th order by the professionalism of your paperwork. I do hand write a thanks on each packing slip.
LaCutie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Well back to some of your other questions. How you handle after the sale is your own business there are no actual rules other than suggestions. I ship within 24 hours except weekends and holidays, so rather than email that I got their order followed immediately that I shipped their order, I just send an email saying I shipped their order (or if I am packing at night, tha the order will go out the next day) and I also give them their DC #. I include in the email any other pertinante info including the url to get back to my store. I include a packing slip that I made up which shows what they bought, and yet again how to get back to my store.

I use preformatted letters so I don't have to type them all by hand. I have one for US customers and one for international. When you format them, or whatever you do, do it and be sure spell check is working and that your letter or note is grammatically correct so that you look professional and serious. Your customer shouldnt know or be able to tell is this is your 1st or 1,000th order by the professionalism of your paperwork. I do hand write a thanks on each packing slip.

Dear MoonwishesStore, thank you for sharing your ways of handling orders! Much appreciated!! I can see that you're doing things in a very professional way : )
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dear MoonwishesStore, thank you for sharing your ways of handling orders! Much appreciated!! I can see that you're doing things in a very professional way : )

Thanks for your kind words. We HAVE to be professional as we depend heavily on the income from our store just to survive. Plus I have lots of hobbies I could be doing if I didn't need the money or like selling on line so well Very Happy If you are going to do something, do it right!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: