eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

My daughter wants to be a rock star!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReneesAttic

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: My daughter wants to be a rock star!!!! Reply with quote

My 10 year old daughter is going tjrough a phaze where all she talks about is being a rock star. everything she watches on tv is kids singing lol! she sings and dancing all the time. she even dresses differently. Please somebody tell me how to stop my little girl from being another hannag montanna lol!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah come on, let her enjoy her dreams. Enjoy her concerts.

It takes more than pure talent to become a star. Nashville and Middle Tennessee is full of pure talent. Most will never find the right mix for stardom. Hanna Montana had a leg up - her father was a star in his own right.

At your daughter's age, I wanted to be a jockey. And not the usual jockey, but a steeplechase jockey! When I would be asked what I wanted for Christmas or for my birthday, I always answered "a horse". Second choice was a German Shepherd puppy. Did that for years.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think your daughter is any different from any other daughter who has access to TV and other media. Expect it to last a few years.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just a phase and it should pass. How old is she, like around 10 or so? When I was that age all I wanted to do was be a radio disc jockey. I'd set up a little fake DJ booth outside and I had tapes full of music that I'd play in my boombox back to back while several of my neighbor's came to watch me do it. I loved it. I even had my parents by me a mic and some recording equipment so I could record my DJ-ing like I was on a real live radio station. I also did this with one of my neighbor's kids because she had the same hobby and her father was rich. He actually paid for her to have a little radio station spot of her own. It wasn't major or anything but, we had a good little handful of followers and it was live for all to hear. Most people listened because they thought we were being cute.

She's just going through that dream phase were she wonders if she may actually be able to be a real star some day, and she enjoys pretending like she is famous. It's just harmless imaginary play so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
ReneesAttic

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The phase is now writing songs and performing them for us. She even records them and plays them on her mp4 player. I always take the time to losten to her and make her feel like her Daddy loves her.
lotus-petals

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReneesAttic wrote:
The phase is now writing songs and performing them for us. She even records them and plays them on her mp4 player. I always take the time to losten to her and make her feel like her Daddy loves her.

How cute is that! Sounds like you have an excellent relationship with your little girl. Cherish these times, because they won't last long. Before you know it, she'll be 16 and in trouble for sneaking out of the house to go to concerts late at night. LOL. Let's hope not.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: