eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Stupid PayPal Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Stupid PayPal Question Reply with quote

OK, being new to the Paypal experience, I just got my first order through them. I haven't verified my bank account yet, but the email I got said I had a payment of the correct amount. It is safe to ship?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would log into your PayPal account and if the correct amount is there, ship it to the address listed there (which sometimes is not the same as the address they used when checking out in Ecrater--when it is not, I generally drop them an email letting them know that PayPal requires me to ship to the address on the transaction).
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I look in Paypal this time, it said "Ok to ship". I feel so silly not knowing my way around that site. It does say payment is "unclaimed", that is why I have to wait until tomorrow to talk to my bank. But if the money is there, just sitting in limbo, I have no problem with mailing the package.

Thanks for trying to help.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the money won't be at your bank, but it will stay at PP until such a time as you release it to your bank. So you can receive money at PP, but until you have verified your bank, you personally can't collect it. It should only be a few days if PP has already sent the small amounts to your bank. Do you not have on line access to your bank to check the amounts and then fill them in at PP?

Be sure as long as the payment has arrived at PP to ship your order. Very Happy
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an FYI: Something I've found to be easier than waiting for bank transfers for my PayPal payments is instead using the PayPal debit card. I use it to pay for my online postage, to pay my eBay fees, to purchase inventory and to purchase supplies. That way I have a downloadable record of all that for my records, which is handy at tax time.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a small town bank and it just recently got on line, and I haven't sent that up yet. But I know what to do and I will get the package in the mail.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleButterflyJewlery wrote:
It does say payment is "unclaimed".
You need to determine why the payment says "unclaimed". The buyer has sent you money, but you have not claimed it yet. There is some reason it is showing as Unclaimed. I found this answer on PayPal as to why a buyer's payment would be unclaimed by a seller.
Quote:
Unclaimed: If your payment is unclaimed, it means that the recipient hasn't accepted it yet. There are a few reasons why your payment might be unclaimed.

A payment might be unclaimed because:

- The recipient hasn't signed up for a PayPal account yet.
- You sent money to an email address that the recipient hasn't added to their PayPal account. As soon as they add the address to their account, the money will show up in their balance.
- The recipient is still deciding whether they want to accept your payment. (This can happen if you don't have a Confirmed address.)

If your payment is unclaimed for 30 days or your payment was denied or refunded, you'll get your money back

If you paid with your credit card, the money will go back to your card. (It can take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your card statement.) If you paid with your PayPal balance or bank account, the money will be returned to your PayPal balance.
When you are signed into your PayPal account, click on Profile, then click on "My Selling Tools", then click on "Update" by "Block payments". The first two "block payments" have "Ask Me" as a choice. If you have checked Ask Me, the payments from unconfirmed addresses and/or payments in foreign currency will be listed as unclaimed when received and you will have to decide to accept or decline the payment. If you don't accept the payment for 30 days, the money goes back to the buyer.

Last edited by SheilaDeesPostcards on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through all that today, I can't claim it until I get things set up with my bank. Thanks for your help.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleButterflyJewlery wrote:
I went through all that today, I can't claim it until I get things set up with my bank. Thanks for your help.

Which seems odd, but I have not set up a new PayPal account in many years. 'Unclaimed' used to occur because the customer wanted to pay with a credit card, and your account was only a personal (i.e. no fees) account. To receive the payment you had to upgrade your PP account to Business or Premier (which might require the bank connection). Could that be the issue in this case ?
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, just talked to PP and yes, I need to verify my bank account and then I can claim my money. Other then that, things are set up right. Thanks for all the help.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: