ProfileProfile

store suspended
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I call it eBay seller business "Geography Class 101

I have seen it as variations on a theme in years of selling. I know some items, depending on the mailing class, cost more to ship to Alaska and Hawaii but wouldn't that be for the buyer to say if they want to pay for extra shipping? It is just funny how many book sellers and sellers with only 1st class mail items that exclude those two states, like somehow they will cost more. Media mail and 1st class both cost the same whether to next door or to the big island. I think they see other sellers excluding them, so think they have to. One of those brainless business decsion made without any reason to back them up. Same as not selling internationally because it is too 'hard'. I realize some things are hard, or way to expensive or not allowed to be exported, but usual run of the mill things are easily taken care of with a simple customs sticker-easy!

Not trying to tell anyone how to run their business, just ask that they have a real reason for what they are doing in their business since that will make a difference between success and failure.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't ship internationally from this store because my model for this store is free shipping and that would not work outside the US & Canada.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't ship internationally from this store because my model for this store is free shipping and that would not work outside the US & Canada.

Which proves what I was trying to say. You have a verifiable reason for not shipping internationally with your one store. It are those that refuse to ship internationally at all and can't tell you why that I think is odd. It isn't a business decision at all. I think many times it is an "I don't understand it and am too scared to try to figure it out" reason or "it sounds like too much work" reason.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore, the sellers that avoid ship to Alaska and Hawaii with USPS as default shipping method. In my opinion there isn't excuse unless you sell heavy and big items. Because if the sellers ship 1lb item from NY to California, it will cost the same to Alaska. Also it will be shipper if the seller ship to me. Laughing
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Because if the sellers ship 1lb item from NY to California, it will cost the same to Alaska.

I think with some Priority packaging shipping to HI and AK can run more, probably parcel post as well, but the lighter weight items, 1st class and media mail all travel at pretty much the same rate.

I have seen on other forums sellers that won't sell to HI or AK, not because of the shipping price, but because it takes longer to get there and they are scared of getting a negative on shipping! Shocked Like I said it is a business decision that should be made logically, but logical business decision shouldn't be made out of fear of problem feedbacks. Most of the people in HI and AK and PR know that mail takes a bit longer and are prepared for that. At least I have found that to be true with all orders I have sent to those destinations the last 10 years (and I have sold more things than just patterns).
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: