eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi Guys!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
walkersteals

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Hi Guys! Reply with quote

When we open a second shop do we change the name & logo?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you plan to open your second store, on eCrater or on another site? I would also think it would depend on the reason for opening a second store. If you plan to open a second store on eCrater, you will need a different name and email address for the new store. Also, you can not list the same items in the second store.
walkersteals

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Second Store Reply with quote

There are only 7 Categories that show for one store. I have listed close to 400 - weekly I am adding more items under these categories.
Second store would be completely different products and I will probably end up using all 7 categories.
Do I register again under a different store name and different email?
My address will still be the same - does ecrater want us to open more stores this way?
Also, I live in Canada, HOWEVER, all items are shipped either from Ohio/Calif.
I have "free shipping" for U.S.A but I would like to find a way that I could sell to Canadians - any ideas?
I have included the shipping price in my items, but for Canada it is a lot more expensive, also all my items are shipped UPS-Ground.
Thanks for listening.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While your home page may only show 7 featured categories, you can have as many categories and sub categories as you want in one store. The only reason to have that second store would be because of a totally different type of inventory and shipping. You customers will see the category tab in your store and can see what you have or if they click on one of your categories on the lifet of the page see the lists of what you have and the different other categories or bread crumb trails to the other categories.

I would however caution that before you open a second store, you get your first one up and working properly and see what it takes to pull in customers, etc. before opening another store. One of the very important things to remember about ecrater is you have to promote your store yourself, so if you open a store for every 7 categories (or whatever you planned) that is that many more stores to promote. Don't forget that many customers will click on a search engine link and come directly to a listing page and may NEVER see your home page at all if that is all they are interested in.

I can't answer your question Re: Canada
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all your items are shipped from the US and you will still use UPS, you can either use

flat rate shipping: Fill in 0 for the US and then use the UPS amount for shipping to Canada from the US.

or you can do the same thing with the matrix. The matrix is easier for updating when rates go up. Just make sure you add Canada to your shipping zones.
walkersteals

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: UPS Ground Reply with quote

I haven't found anywhere to ship via UPS Ground.
If this is available I could lower my prices and charge All buyers shipping by their state/province.
Thanks for your advice Guys, I will stick with one store.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: UPS Ground Reply with quote

walkersteals wrote:
I haven't found anywhere to ship via UPS Ground.

USPS postage calculation is built-in (should you choose to use it). If you want to calculate for UPS, then you must use the shipping matrix.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: