eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Attributes issue...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mycoin123

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Google Attributes issue... Reply with quote

I tried to get exemption from Google but; they didn't accept it. I sell coins and it's impossible to know the mpn of each of my coins. Is there a way out to get my product into Google search list. all my 7 products are dissapproved from Google..

My store : http://mycoin123.ecrater.com/
Thanks Confused
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed some of your listings have codes letters and numbers--not sure what they mean, but is there an averall guide to coins that gives them a code for the coin itself that you could use?

Seven coins aren't going to get you very far here I would think. Do you have some lower value coins that you could sell so serious collectors can try out your store and see that you grade your coins appropriately? And hopefully give you some feedback.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soon inclusion in Google shopping will be a mute point as they are going to a paid bid style of listing. Save your energy for something else. Other search engines can pick up your items without the MPNs.

I agree with Moonwishes that you need to offer some popularly priced coins so collectors can test your reputation. You really don't give much info about yourself so if I were a potential customer, it would be buyer beware for me.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Google Attributes issue... Reply with quote

mycoin123 wrote:
I tried to get exemption from Google but; they didn't accept it. I sell coins and it's impossible to know the mpn of each of my coins. Is there a way out to get my product into Google search list. all my 7 products are dissapproved from Google..
Did you request your exemption directly from Google or did you use the link in the admin section to request your exemption through eCrater? Google requires all customer service related to Google Product Search be handled by the marketplace. I was told that all direct requests are denied. If you did request through eCrater, was it before or after you had added items? Again, requests with no inventory listed are denied.

Some of the sets you are selling are fairly recent issues that were made by the US Mint for collectors. The manufacture of the complete collector set is the US Mint and they do issue a mpn. If your sets are still sold by the US Mint, you can get the MPN from their website. If they are no longer sold by the US Mint, a case could be made that they are now only sold on the secondary market as "one of a kind" collectibles because each one will have traveled a different path from the manufacture. GPS rules exempt those items that are handmade or "one of a kind".

Make sure you have the manufacture and mpn listed for every item you sell that has that information available, then make another request (through eCrater) for an exemption. Be sure to state that your inventory is all collectible "one of a kind" items with few exceptions. The exceptions have the manufacture and mpn listed. eCrater will take your request and resubmit to GPS who will review your site and return an answer to eCrater. If your exemption is denied you will be notified. It took several attempts to get 2 of my stores approved.

Keep in mind that this is all related to the feed eCrater does for Google Product Search (aka Google Shopping). This has nothing to do with being listed in the regular Google search. You need to submit your URL to Google yourself and the you will be listed in the main search engine in Google's time according their rules of the day (and only they know the rules). The information for submitting your URL is under Promote in your store admin.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: