eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

No notification if store is suspended??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catlover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: No notification if store is suspended?? Reply with quote

I have no idea how long my store has been suspended, nor do I know why. Got one order several days ago, so I guess it's not been terribly long, but I am amazed that there is no notification to a store owner that their store has been suspended. I read the sticky note for this topic and saw this info.: "If your store becomes suspended please identify the problem, fix it and then email us though the contact form with a request for re-activation." But I have no idea what the problem could be and no idea how to "fix it" if I don't know the issue. Frustrating; hopefully I can figure out what on earth is the problem (but it would be nice, when listing things in my store, which I just did yesterday, if some kind of notice would come up indicating that none of my listings were actually visible to the public; only when going directly to one's store do they know there is a problem, apparently!)
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looking quickly at your store, I can see a sold item coming up on the Feature Item place, that is a no no. The ecrater team is small and you are expected to follow the terms.

Last edited by SammysSupplies on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Catlover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info.! I just sold several items last week (all to the same buyer), so marked them as "sold" instead of removing immediately, in case there was an issue. I now marked them as "hidden", so maybe that will help? Thx again.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can email the powers that be and see if that is all your needed to correct. Also there are no bids here, you might want to change your wording.

It sort of sounds like you don't have paypal is a payment option. I don't know if requesting them to email you for a invoice is ok or not.
Catlover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, well I took out any lingo that might have been confusing. It just feels kind of like fishing, trying to figure out what the problem is. I did contact ecrater, so hopefully they'll shed some light on any problems and I'll be up and running again soon.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your items are still showing in Google Shopping and I took a look at the items. I didn't see anything that jumped out as a problem except for the number of items that are marked sold and there are several items marked "sale pending". If the item is not currently for sale, it must be hidden. Just copy the URL of the item from your store, then go to your admin and hid the item. You can email the customer the URL so they can view the item while they are waiting. Anyone can see a hidden item if they have the URL since it doesn't change when you hid the item.

You said you hid the items you just sold, but you might want to go through your list to make sure you hid all the sold items and the "sale pending" items.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While editing your store you might want to consider changing your about page. You don't need to go into detail about why you left eBay or call it names. Referring to your ID there is sufficient. Name calling is whiny and juvenile.
Catlover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Purplebutterflies and Sheiladees; I did hear back from ecrater and they said it was because of the items marked "sold". So I've hidden them all (I hadn't even known that items could be hidden until very recently; very helpful, since I hated to delete recently sold items, in case there were any problems, and I needed to refer to the descriptions). I asked the gal who replied to me what I needed to do to have my store restored and haven't heard back yet. Do I need to put in another request or do something else?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you think you have fixed it all write back to the team and tell them and ask to be reinstated. As of a second ago you hadn't been yet. I too agree with not dissing ebay as it isn't needful and not professional.

I am puzzled by one thing and that is your store name in relation to your ebay name and what you sell. the store names to coordinate with what you are selling. I was expecting to see cat stuff, not ladies stuff.
Catlover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, store has been restored (was the word "sold" in the title, so I've now hidden any sold items).

Not at all concerned about my store name; it's more a description of myself then my store. Since I sell all kinds of items, from crafts to clothes, didn't want to come up with a limiting name. Most of the store names I see don't relate at all to what's in those stores, so I see no issue there.

Thanks for your help!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not at all concerned about my store name; it's more a description of myself then my store. Since I sell all kinds of items, from crafts to clothes, didn't want to come up with a limiting name. Most of the store names I see don't relate at all to what's in those stores, so I see no issue there.

I guess it is a generic type comment. Something for new sellers coming here to think about is all, unless of course, they had lousy feedback elsewhere and are trying to rid of a bad rep. One of the hard things about selling on line as a small seller is branding yourself. One of the easiest ways to do that, is try to carry your store name over from site to site so that buyers recognize who you are no matter what site you sell on. As you were new here and I saw your ebay selling name, I wondered about the name switch to something totally different. As a far out example, it is like JC Penny, moving across the street and then changing their name to Joe Blows Merchandise. Big stores work hard to be sure we remember their name and that is one place that we can follow their example for free.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonwishes, what does MoonwishesStore have to do with selling sewing patterns? Wink
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole store name is Moonwishes Sewing and Crafts. It was truncated for my store name for use here in the background, but my store logo, etc. meta tags, title tags etc. all say Moonwishes Sewing and Crafts as well. When we had the bookstore here it was Moonwishes Books. If I ever start a chocolate store it would be Moonwishes chocolates (although I'm sure I would eat the entire inventory). I've been trying to brand my name so that when past customers anywhere see Moonwishes, they know who I am and what I sell. I use Moonwishes in my blog, in my facebook, my tweets, my miserable website that I don't keep up well at all and I have bought all the possible Moonwishes urls that I could think of (and afford) although one sneaky person bought one Moonwishes url that I wanted and I don't know who it is but it won't do them much good at this point since I can document using the name for over 10 years.

Basically what Nike does, but I'm not yet up to a symbol that people know it is my store yet though Very Happy
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake moon.

My most successful store here is this one and it is the only one whose name has no connection to the contents of the store.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My most successful store here is this one and it is the only one whose name has no connection to the contents of the store.

But you do brand yourself as Maggie the cat and when I see that when I'm doing internet searches, I know it is you, my friend! For sellers that change their name drastically on every venue they go to, have blogs that don't match their store names, etc. they miss out on branding. Now I don't know if branding a name would go under promotions or marketing (I don't have an MBA), I do know it is important for the long term. If you want to open a store to sell your yard sale leftovers and then close it, then branding isn't that important. For those that are doing this for the long haul, anything we can do to be a good memory in our customer base is important.

Since I suspect many of us 'fell' into selling on line we didn't think all that stuff out ahead of time. If I had, I would probably have used a different name than Moonwishes especially since it was a word I made up in reference to something vastly different that what I'm doing here, but at this point it is our selling name and we have exposed somewhere between 15-20,000 paying customers to it in the last 10 years and who knows how many customers that have visited our stores and didn't buy. If I changed our name when I left ebay to something else here, all my previous buyers wouldn't be clued in that I'm the same seller from ebay, or amazon, or whereever.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: