eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

selling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curiosityshop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: selling Reply with quote

How do I know when I have sold an item out of my E-Crater store?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should get an email notifying you (from ecrater unless it is a Google Checkout order, in which case it would be from Google).

But if for some reason that email gets lost/ends up in spam filter/etc, you can always go to your Orders page and see them there.
Curiosityshop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: selling Reply with quote

Thank you for your help. Very Happy Very Happy
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the payment method is via PayPal, the email does NOT mean you have a paid order, only that a customer proceeded through checkout to PayPal. It's always best to check your PayPal account to confirm payment before you ship. There are several discussions on the forum regarding orders with no payment.

Also, the order is not hidden when checkout is completed unless the customer completed the payment, eCrater got the notice from PayPal AND you have inventory control activated. If the customer pays later, you'll need to hid (or delete) the sold item.
castellotesori

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: SheilaDeesPostcards - Re: non payment orders Reply with quote

Hi SheilaDeesPostcards....
I was looking for a place to post and happened on this topic and your
posting, which basically hit my nail on the head...ha ha ha. Laughing

I've had my store since Feb. 3rd with Ecrater, yet no sales as of yet.
Then today I saw in my email that there was an order. Yet my PayPal
account showed no money applied/received. I called PayPal who was
able to verify that the email address given by the purchaser
was valid with them. HOWEVER....there was a record of fraudulent
activities from this individual. I then ran a trace on the address given to find it belongs
to a whole different family/owner, and not the individual named as the purchaser. Rolling Eyes
The representative with PayPal affirmed before that this was
a fraudulent purchaser and most positively a fraudulent order. Mad

The one question I have - Is there a link with Ecrater to be able to report
this fraudulent person and their information at least, so others may be aware of this situation?

I will look forward to any assistance on this. I sure needed the order due to very limited income....so yes this was rather frustrating.

I so appreciated your posting.....Thank you and God Bless Very Happy
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, there isn't any spot to list the 'bad' guys here. Some have attempted it, but naming names (real names) can get a person in trouble and possibly being sued for slander and libel especially if all you know about the situation is hearsay (you were only told about it and you weren't personally involved inthe problem).

Your best bet was to let PP know. However it isn't our responsiblity to weed out the fraudelent buyers, that is PP and GCO problem. These non-paying buyers are a fairly frequently occurance here on ecrater for whatever reason. I had 3 in a row from different sellers this week alone and since this has been a thin week for sales, not a real happy occurance. Sad

My best advice when getting an order either through PP or GCO. Is:
1. Have inventory control enabled.
2. When you get an email about an order, go to your order page in your adminstration area.
3. See if there is a green checkmark after the order. If there is, then
4. Go to PP or GCO to confirm that the money is in the account.
5. Then proceed with packing etc.
6. If there was no green checkmark, you can still double check at PP and GCO for the payment. Once in all my orders here, the green checkmark didn't show on a paid order so I was glad I checked.
7. Until you get your first order and can confirm that all your emails come through appropriately, check your order page at least every other day for orders. Some get discouraged when it takes awhile to ge that first order and stop checking, so the first order can come, but the email got eaten up and before you know it your first order has turned into a negative for not sending the product.
castellotesori

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: MoonwishesStore Reply with quote

Thank you for the information...especially about the "green check"..because I had no information on that before.
Thank you again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: