eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New Store!! Comments welcomed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vipsewing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: New Store!! Comments welcomed Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!!

Trying to start a new store in addition to ebay. Any questions or comments are welcome! Hopefully i did everything correctly. Let me know what you think!!

For now all i have are baby no scratch mittens that i hand make myself. I still have many styles/patterns to put up so feel free to look around.

Thanks!!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER. Looks like you are getting settled in nicely.

I have only one criticism and that is your logo. Making the heart a tone or two lighter will allow your store name to be more readable. Is that purple color a new option? I've not seen it here before.
vipsewing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the comments maggiethecat! I will try and make a better logo, i just kind of threw something together so it wasnt blank. I'm not sure if purple is a new option or not, but it seem to fit my store perfect.
hocadobi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a store and logo that everyone could refer to as a very fine example as to how to set up a very well done store here on eCrater. Best wishes for every success and many sales.
One point I would add is to go into each of your listings and click on "feature on home page" This will rotate the selected items on a random basis at the upper right (now blank) part of your home page and make it all better balanced.
As for using your product code number as the first thing in each title, I am not sure if that is to your advantage. You want search engines to find your product based on a word in the title. So maybe at the end of the title?
Welcome!
vipsewing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks hocadobi!!
Will the number in front of the title stop the search engine from finding the product? I'm still not finding any items when i search on google, could be because its still new though. I will go ahead and click on the feature on home page checkbox, i forgot about that feature.
I like your logo! I still need to work on mine but am busy getting more patterns up.
Thanks everyone for being so helpful!
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the numbers should be at the end. They are for your benefit, not the search engine or buyer's. Also remove the dashes and any other characters neither numeric or alphabetic. They impede the searches. ) - etc. Apostrophe ' comma , and periods . only.

Sometimes it takes a while to appear on Google. Google products is phasing out all unpaid listings. You should be appearing in Google basic search soon. There is a place in your admin for promoting your store and you need to sign up for Google if you haven't already.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Will the number in front of the title stop the search engine from finding the product?

No but remember google only accepts something like the first 67 characters of your title so why not put that stuff at the end?
Avoid using characters like / as that is often HTML code for stop
putting w/ is not helping you at all
be sure to space between words. Someone will have to search for w/Polka for that to be found if they search for Polka Dots it might not come up because you don't have a space bewteen w/ and Polka

Quote:
I'm still not finding any items when i search on google

Google web search ... can take 4-8 weeks for your store products AFTER you have submitted the store URL
As for google shopping ... you need to give it time for your store items to be submited. Be sure you have all the required google attributes that apply
Google shopping requires CLEAN images ... yours are not clean they have words on them, that's not allowed. So all your items might be rejected due to that
vipsewing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys! I will definitely put the number at the end or even take them off completely and will look at the wording of each title. i figured it would take a while but not that long for the crawler to do its job, thanks!
bigtallmensclothing, Is the google shopping you are refering to the same as google products that maggiethecatsmeows is talking about. if it is, they would get dropped eventually anyway right?

You guys rock!
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shopping and products are one and the same.

VIP I can't urge you strongly enough to keep your inventory numbers but only at the end. If you get a question and it has no number you will spend hours trying to figure out which item they are talking about. You have a lot of mittens and many are almost alike. I sort of gathered that you intend to add a lot more items and when the numbers grow, it will be a real maze without those inventory numbers.
vipsewing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do'h I just spent the last 30 mins taking the number off... Thats kind of why i had the number in the first place, so there wouldn't be any confusion and would be easier to pick out. But i couldn't get it looking right without using ()

it didn't look right to me saying
Toy Horse Lavender No Scratch Baby Mitten 001
Cow Prints No Scratch Baby Mittens 002
White Polka Dots on Tan No Scratch Baby Mittens 003

although now that i have it typed out, guess it doesn't look too weird... back to the editing board. Thanks!
Dianescreations2011

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could use letter like thm-0001 then you know that it means toy horse mittens and keep a log book with all your inventory.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at my titles. I have codes for each store because all emails come to the same email address and I have 5 stores. This store's inventory #s starts hc1002 etc. If I get an email or an order with an HC number at the end I know exactly which store it is in, enter only the number in the search line to bring up the item, and if I have to retrieve it from storage, I know exactly which tub or drawer or box it is in as they are also marked with the range of inventory numbers.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all numbers at the end.
If you remove the number you will regret it when you need to figure out what sold.
vipsewing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do keep a log book with the numbers and a sample of the material used. I have added the numbers back to the end of the titles. Thanks again everyone!
thewrightbiz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: New Store!! Comments welcomed Reply with quote

vipsewing wrote:
Hi Everyone!!

Trying to start a new store in addition to ebay. Any questions or comments are welcome! Hopefully i did everything correctly. Let me know what you think!!

For now all i have are baby no scratch mittens that i hand make myself. I still have many styles/patterns to put up so feel free to look around.

Thanks!!

Nice mittens!
One question, why are the mittens different prices? Are they different sizes? (seem to be the same size to me)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: