eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Does anyone use Craigslist to promote their store?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katzzskloset

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you ACREAD, I don't use them. Of course if its small things you can always meet them at Mcdonalds and take the back roads home with many turns to make sure they ain't following you. This is a strange place we live in and times have changed so you do have to be careful.
Barbara
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Mikessportingoods

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used Craig's List from time to time..none of my ads have been pulled and I've had only 1 spammer.
It is not a problem for me because we have a brick and mortar store.
dragonturtle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: How do you link to a particular product Reply with quote

I understand the link to my storefront and how to use that on email, message board postings, craigslist, etc. Often on several Yahoo groups and once or twice in Craigslist I've seen and checked links that went directly to one eCrater product listing, in some cases several posts by the same person with different particular product links.
I just set up our store a couple days ago, listed a few items and have spent most of my free time since reading up on how to maximize using eCrater. I've yet to be able to find anything I can copy to link directly back to a particular item nor any FAQ or posting about that. Can anyone advise me on this? Thanks!
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you are in your store, click on Preview to see your store. Click on an item. Copy the URL from your browser's URL area and there is your link to that item.
dragonturtle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! That's easy enough.
securityalarmguru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acread wrote:
You guys are braver than I am. After they caught a robber (in my city) who set up people using Craig's List, I kind of fear using it in any form.

lol, I hear ya, in my line of work, if you can rob me, i'm probable not very good at my job. I can assure you, that's not the case.

I've only used craigs list a few time in the past, and really, I don't care for it, but I will most likely use it again, soon. And I think I will just tell them to look me up on the web. Then, if you click on pruducts on MY website, it links directly to my ecrater store.

I have concerns for others in my family that use craig's list, and DON'T carry a pistol. Perfectly legal by the way... lol
I am a security guy, as well as a Veteran.

Anyway, there's my 2 cents
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned before, I haven't used Craigslist in quite some time but when I used to and I actually got a sale, I NEVER ever had anyone come to my home. My husband's job keeps him traveling all but 2 days a week and I'm a very small built woman. I wouldn't feel safe at all having someone come to my home. Although I do own a pistol, still, I'd rather not take the chance that I'd have to end up using it on someone. I grew up in the country and my father taught me how to shoot so if it came to down to someone threatning my life over a material item, you better believe that they're not walking away with anything of mine free of charge! lol. I'd always meet people in heavily populated areas like grocery store parking lots. I came up with my own terms and rules and basically laid down the law of how this is going to go if you wish to buy from me. I let others know that if you refuse to meet me in a place where I feel comfortable or you make me feel unsafe over the phone when I talk to you, I can and will cancel the sale with you. I never had anyone complain about it. Most females said that they too felt safer meeting me out in public.

I used to use CL to promote my store until someone else in my area that also has online stores became upset and started flagging my listings as inappropriate to get them removed on purpose. A competitor being immature. Yes, I know for a fact it was a competitor because eventually they started sending me profane emails about me taking away their business.
suzabella

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Craigslist..I use it to sell things from around our house. Which category do you advertise your ecrater store in? Do you use the small business ads or do you use item specific categories?

I want to start advertising on there..but I want to make sure I do it correctly. I have 5 ecrater stores, so I have quite a variety of items.

For SUZABELLA would I post in the jewelry category with a specific jewelry listing or should I just go with a general ad in the small business ads to drive traffic to the store?

I drop ship my items, so I would need them to buy from the site. What do you guys think would be the best way to go?

Thanks! Very Happy

http://www.suzabella.ecrater.com
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suzabella wrote:
Which category do you advertise your ecrater store in?

None of them, since Craigs List Terms 3a "Content" could be construed to prohibit advertising links to outside venues. I do, however, use Craigs List to sell products, in whatever category is appropriate, in my location only. If someone (excluding scammers) from outside my area contacts me for a product, I e-mail them the link to the appropriate eCrater product page.

suzabella wrote:
would I post in the jewelry category with a specific jewelry listing or should I just go with a general ad in the small business ads to drive traffic to the store?

Up to you, but the way I do it is post jewelry in the jewelry section, toys in the toy section, collectibles in the collectibles section, etc.
suzabella

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Fox!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: