eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Selling a Service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RetrocadeGames

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Selling a Service Reply with quote

Just wondering. Is it ok to sell a service from your store?
I was thinking about having a listing to repair an item the buyer has. (e.g., replacing dead batteries in game carts) Then reshipping it back to them.

Just want to make sure this is cool before I go ahead and take this to phase II.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
securityalarmguru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Unfortunately I don't really know for sure that that would be breaking any rules that I noticed, but I don't know how it would be profitable to you. You would accrue too many shipping charges to make it reasonably affordable, I would think.. Of course I'm not expert.

In a way though, I guess I really offer a service, my kit are custom pre-programmed for the customer prior to shipment. So they are kinda paying for the "Service" of programming. I also offer 24 hour alarm monitoring, which I do not have listed in my store here on eCRATER, so I would like to know the answer to your question as well. Hopefully someone smarter in eCRATER can answer this better for both of us.

The Security Alarm Guru
securityalarmguru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS..

I was looking at your store, and POW, Flashback!

I remembered when we got Intellivision. I can't help but laugh.

"The graphics were amazing, and it had a voice module... B-17 Bomber"

Thanks for the trip down memory lane...
RetrocadeGames

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe no problem. Wink

Well I was going to charge for the battery, labor and return shipping. Though to make things easier I was going to state they have to pay for the initial shipping to me. Only would be like $2 seeing how their very light weight.

In the end I would try to make it cheap enough to be worth it for them. And at the same time not being a waste of time for myself.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what a game cart is but even dumb as I am re technology, I can replace batteries. I would think anyone with something that has a battery in need of replacing can usually look up and spot a teen willing to do it for nothing. It's an age thing. The young who would be most of your game players can do this.
RetrocadeGames

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game carts in question are tiny and require special cell batteries to be soldered in. As they last about 20 years and only more will have to be replaced as time goes on.

Really the only question I have is whether or not its ok to sell a service on ecrater.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RetrocadeGames wrote:
Really the only question I have is whether or not its ok to sell a service on ecrater.

You might be better off asking ecrater that, rather than asking other members.

If you ask here, you will just get a lot of people telling you what they don't like about your store, how your ideas are worthless, etc. And never actually answer your question. At least that has been my experience.
RetrocadeGames

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecheapskirt wrote:
If you ask here, you will just get a lot of people telling you what they don't like about your store, how your ideas are worthless, etc. And never actually answer your question. At least that has been my experience.

Well so far out of all the questions I've asked the community, I've never dealt with responses like that.Confused
But yeah I will be contacting ecrater at some point about this anyway. Like usual I want to know what other sellers think before hand.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RetrocadeGames wrote:
thecheapskirt wrote:

Well so far out of all the questions I've asked the community, I've never dealt with responses like that.Confused

Except just now, huh?
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what I would do, maybe, is if you have a replacement game ready to go.
Once you examine their cartridge and keep it.Then send them a good one.

was just thinking it would keep you in the realm of "sales" instead of "service" and just rotate stock.or offer a free battery replacement cart if they send you 3 games for payment plus $1.00 to get more games

I don't know if trade ins would be allowed either
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecheapskirt wrote:
RetrocadeGames wrote:
thecheapskirt wrote:

Except just now, huh?

Speaking of, I been meaning to say how I thought your facebook looked pretty professional and "store" like.You must have took some classes to help you out in some aspects. was cool looking.
RetrocadeGames

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecheapskirt wrote:
RetrocadeGames wrote:
thecheapskirt wrote:

Except just now, huh?

I don't mind any response as long as its not an insult. Which is what I thought you meant.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously I didn't know what a game cart was and still don't but what you describe sounds viable to offer here. But you need to check with admin before you go to the trouble of creating the listings.
RetrocadeGames

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:
Obviously I didn't know what a game cart was and still don't

<-- Game Cartridge Very Happy

Also was thinking a Disk Resurfacing Service would be great. But those machines are expensive Confused
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duh I was thinking a game cart like a gold cart or go-cart! Never realized you guyes were talking about a cartridge!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: