eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

What Do I Do About This One Guys!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
walkersteals

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: What Do I Do About This One Guys! Reply with quote

Received alert that 82 items were not approved by google. All these items are Fashion Jewelry. Couldn't understand apparently they wanted "colors".I always give the designer's name (trademark) and let the buyer know whether this ring is Gold-Bonded or Silvertone, as well as stating the color of the CZ stone(s). On necklaces I advise when they are wooden beads etc, as well as the color.
I decided to look at other rings to see how they advertise. Lo! and behold I come across the rings I'm selling. I then went through all of the items individually, all of them are on google search.
Can anyone advise why I got this notice or if there is anything I should do? Everything seems to be normal.
If anyone wants to see how I describe my items - see
*Icon Bijoux-Distinction Ring-Gold Bonded w/Clear & Red CZ Stone.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The information you add to your description and the Google attributes you add are two different items. Your alert indicates the items were not approved by Google Shopping not Google search. If you have a feed accepted into Google Shopping and you make no change to that item, I believe the item stays current for 30 days.

Jewelry is included in the "Apparel & Accessories" category on Google Shopping. This category requires at least the attributes of brand, gender, age_group and color. They also recommend you include size, but it is not currently required. It seems like I read on the forum that eCrater automatically submits gender and age_group for us based on the eCrater Global category/subcategory you choose. Google Shopping is really picky about how you list the value for gender, age_group and color. Here's a link to the Google Shopping information about these attributes. http://support.google.com/merchants/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=188494#US Scroll down to the sections titled Unique Product Identifiers and Apparel Products. Remember, all Google Shopping rules that apply to "Apparel" also apply to jewelry. Be sure to click on each blue link for each attribute to see exactly how Google Shopping expects the attribute value to be listed.

One additional note, the page url given above also includes other basic attributes that are required. Be aware that all the basic attributes are submitted by eCrater based on the info we provide when we list an item.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: What Do I Do About This One Guys! Reply with quote

walkersteals wrote:
Received alert that 82 items were not approved by google. All these items are Fashion Jewelry. Couldn't understand apparently they wanted "colors".

Did you read the Google Product feed specifications for jewelry at http://support.google.com/merchants/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1347943&topic=2473824&ctx=topic ? And the FAQ forum threads on Google Attributes? Did you search the forum archives for the many other threads on disapproved items?
walkersteals

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to both links, and it doesn't help.
When I add an item for Jewelry, I go to diffrent categories like jewelry and watches, then I go to either Men's Rings, Watches or Ladies'
When I looked at what they were asking for it was "colors".
How can I fix something when I don't know what they want,
Where my rings both men & womens' are displayed there are other rings that are the same displayed on the same page, is google going to take us all off?
Is there anyway to contact these peole from google?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walkersteals wrote:
I went to both links, and it doesn't help.
Did you actually read the link I suggested? Did you click on the blue link for color where Google explains exactly what they want for color?
walkersteals wrote:
When I add an item for Jewelry, I go to diffrent categories like jewelry and watches, then I go to either Men's Rings, Watches or Ladies'
That's nice, as I said, that's how eCrater determines the information for the attributes of gender and age_group.
walkersteals wrote:
When I looked at what they were asking for it was "colors".
How can I fix something when I don't know what they want,
If you can't, or won't, read the information given by Google for color, I'm not sure we can help. If you don't know how to submit an attribute, Fox told you to see the FAQ regarding the Google Attributes.
walkersteals wrote:
Where my rings both men & womens' are displayed there are other rings that are the same displayed on the same page, is google going to take us all off?
We are talking about Google Shopping attributes. You can not see the attributes submitted by the other sellers on the display page in either eCrater Marketplace or Google Shopping. If the other sellers are not submitting the required Google Attributes, then yes they will be removed at some point.
walkersteals wrote:
Is there anyway to contact these peole from google?
Google Shopping requires all marketplace sellers to go through their marketplace for customer service. You can go to the home page of eCrater and use the contact link to contact eCrater Customer Service. The staff is small and you must allow time for them to respond. The will get back with you, but it could take several days if they are busy.
walkersteals

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just went to search and typed "apparel" went through all 35 pages and did not find one piece of jewelry.
I'm mixed up because when you add an item your choices have to do with jewelry.
Is the search on eCrater the same as google? What is google shopping?
How do add a jewelry item under "apparel"?
If google is not part of google shopping where would I go to see my listings on google?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walker--You are asking about two different things. Having items not approved only means your ATTRIBUTES have not been done correctly. It doesn't have anything to do with your category that you put them in or the description in your listing. These attributes are what is used by google shopping to help give more info to help when a customer searches for a particular thing.

Then you are asking questions about categories apparel and jewelry, etc. much different than attributes. This is part of what you do when you are listing your items. Use ecrater's global category that matches your items and then use your main category and subcategory that you have set up for your store. I won't speak to the categories for jewelry since I don't sell it and it would be coming off the top of my head.

Try to take one problem at a time and use the advice that the others gave you, keeping your thoughts centered on what you are trying to fix. If you are trying to fix attributes, fix those first and then go through and fix the categories if you need to. Or do the categories first then the attributes until you understand completely what you are doing. This is why each topic thread here is for only one question, and that is so things don't get so mixed up.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walker, I'm sorry if I sounded a little short, I assumed you understood more about eCrater, search engines and Google than you do. So, let me back up a bit and start over. When you list your items on eCrater, you are correct that you have to choose the correct (eCrater Marketplace) Global category/subcategory as well as a local (in your own store) category. On eCrater the category for Jewelry is totally separate from the Apparel category.

Now switching to Google, there is the primary Google search engine at Google.com and there is a link on the home page for shopping. Sometimes the link can be seen, sometimes it's hidden at the top under "more". To have your items show in the main Google Search, your site has to be crawled by Google Search Bots who send info back to Google. Google then applies their "system of the day" to determine if or which of your links will be added to Google Search and on which page they will appear. The only thing we can do to speed the process is to submit the URL to our store. (In your eCrater Store Admin section, click on the link for Promote, scroll pass the info on Google Attributes and you will find the links to submit your store to the different search engines.)

To have your items listed in Google Shopping, a feed must be submitted to Google Shopping. If your store is located on a marketplace, Google will only accept a feed from the marketplace. Since your store is on eCrater, only eCrater can submit the feed. In order for your items to appear in Google Shopping, you must provide the information required by Google which eCrater will use in the feed. The notice you received which started this thread was a notice eCrater received from Google that 82 of your items were not approved by Google (for listing in Google Shopping). You were also told they wanted color, which is a required attribute for the Google Feed for jewelry. The feed to Google Shopping and all the customer service required to support that feed is currently provided for you for free by eCrater. Currently Google does not charge sellers or marketplaces for being listed on Google Shopping. That is going to change this fall and there are other topics here discussing that issue.

I started out talking about categories, because all the info on Google Shopping talks about "Apparel" but the Apparel requirements are for all items that fall under Apparel in Google Shopping's defined list of categories (also called taxonomy). Their list has jewelry under apparel rather than separate as on eCrater. In other words, because Google Shopping groups jewelry under the Apparel & Accessories category the requirements that apply to "Apparel" also apply to jewelry. I have found in the past that many jewelry sellers read the info on Google and ignore it because it is talking about Apparel and they sell jewelry. However, Google Shopping Apparel covers jewelry, purses, hats, shoes, belts, scarves, ties, watches, etc. and the requirements are the same for all (except for size which is recommended for all, but required for shoes).

Hopefully this clears some of the confusion.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: