eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Feedback
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theseedking

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Feedback Reply with quote

I guess I actually have two questions. First how and wher do one leave feedback? Secondly is ther a process to go through if a person left unreasonable feedback.

I am realitivley new to e-Crater and I must say that the selling expeience has been great. I am no selling as much as I did on e-Bay BUT I am making mor money. I kind of got my "how to leave feedback" question
Any help would be appreciated.
Dave[/b]
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See FAQs and Solutions specifically - Solutions to Common Questions - FEEDBACK
acread

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sellers can't leave feedback for customers, cause the buyers don't need to register at eCrater or your store.

Read the info in the links BigTall posted.

Don't know if it tells anything about unjustified negative feedback. If you get a negative feedback and you believe you were wronged, you contact eCrater about it. Explain the situation and show evidence that supports your point of view. They make a decision about it. If they decide you are right it will get removed. (But not every negative gets removed. Just want to make that clear). Provide good service and you won't have to worry about that.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Don't know if it tells anything about unjustified negative feedback.

Yep that's all covered in the link on feedback.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed you had more than one negative and it seemed people did not get their items or complete order. If you subsequently took care of those complaints, you can submit proof and most likely the -s will be removed. If on the other hand you ignored the complaints and did nothing to rectify the situation, well....in my eyes you deserve the -s.

Buyers who have left negative feedback can't automatically change it. Personally I'd try to rectify the situations. As it is it looks like you are a negligent seller.
homeandbodyessence

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I happened to run into this thread and followed the link and read where BTMC explained the feedback score thing as copied and pasted below:

>>>How is feedback calculated

Feedback is amount based.

example:

order1: $50 positive
order2: $100 negative

feedback score: -66.67% <<<

Just so used to ebay feedback calculation and this is so different. I still can't figure out how you came up with the -66.67%. Would you mind explain it?

Thank you in advance!

Val
acread

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

homeandbodyessence wrote:
... Just so used to ebay feedback calculation and this is so different. I still can't figure out how you came up with the -66.67%. Would you mind explain it?

You can't calculate it because you don't have access to part of the info needed to calculate the number: the total order prices.

It is a weighted average, where the weight is the order prices. (that's not the kind of weight you measure in pounds. It is a different type of weight).
homeandbodyessence

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so in other words, the higher the price of the order, the better if results in a positive feedback and vice versa?
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so in other words, the higher the price of the order, the better if results in a positive feedback and vice versa?

the higher the price of the order COMPARED to all the orders
YES.
acread

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It means the higher the price of any order that got a feedback, the more impact it has (positive or negative).
homeandbodyessence

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that explains it. I guess that'd be another great incentive to really cherish customers who order higher-priced items then. Smile J/K. I cherish them all equally.

Thanks guys!

Val
jida

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Store ratings negative and positive Reply with quote

How do you come out with an overall negative number if you have at least 2 positives. The positives don't seem to be weighted in an average. This rating should also be time based and simple. Why would anyone get a negative number rating if all they got in the past is one negative but multiple positves. This doesn't equate to a level rating system but a schewed system. You can't keep this rating system secret, let it be known and judged Rolling Eyes to be fair. It really is unfair to have a negative overall rating!!!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Store ratings negative and positive Reply with quote

jida wrote:
How do you come out with an overall negative number if you have at least 2 positives. The positives don't seem to be weighted in an average. This rating should also be time based and simple. Why would anyone get a negative number rating if all they got in the past is one negative but multiple positves. This doesn't equate to a level rating system but a schewed system. You can't keep this rating system secret, let it be known and judged Rolling Eyes to be fair. It really is unfair to have a negative overall rating!!!

You might want to contest that feedback. Depending on why you canceled the order. Since the feedback stated that you sent refund, it doesn't seem like a negative is in order. On the eCRATER contact link there is an option to question a feedback.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the customer canceled the order and you issued a refund, that shouldn't be a negative anyhow, but if you canceled the order, why? You still have that same item available for sale. I you can't provide it, you need to take it down. Ecrater is good about taking down unfair negatives, but not deserved negatives, so they well need to see your correspondence about this order.

The feedback system is a weighed one, but I can't tell you how it is done.
jida

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: negatives on orders Reply with quote

I already did and thanks.

There are things concerning sellers that need to be addressed beyond chatting sellers, no disrespect, who try to answer seller's problems but can't due to limited information provided by the owners, developers of ecrater.
The thrust of my concern is about the negative comment and its value in the equation of of the seller's rating. I have seen the responses on this community and there are no expanations about why there should be a potential 200% swing in the seller's rating, from -100% to +100%. This absolutely makes no sense. There are some things that eBay and other websites take care of better than ecrater.com, like the seller rating. Just because ecrater is gaining awol's from other sites doesn't hide the fact that there things on ecrater that could be improved like experienced sellers on ecrater who don't have the information to properly address other sellers and their problems. You should not have to incur a negative rating, meaning a negative number value w/ a possible 200% swing in ratings,a 100% swing is the only true value, maximum swing. Ecrater.com does not a very good job on rating sellers.
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: