eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Facebook SHARING Group for eCRATER Sellers (Not Liking)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YardSaleGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Facebook SHARING Group for eCRATER Sellers (Not Liking) Reply with quote

Hi guys & Gals,

This is an idea of mine to make the most out of our Facebook advertising.
This is NOT the thread for Liking each others facebook page.
This is for those of you who want to actually HELP each other Sell.

Space available for opening thread is limited, so I will add the rest of the info in my first reply - Hope to see many join!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
YardSaleGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. so for those of you who do not know me.
I am Chris.
I have come from eBay where I did pretty well until I could no longer compete due to outrageous fees.

I have 2 stores now on eCRATER, and 2 facebook pages to go with them.
here they are:
http://www.SecurityAlarmGuru.ecrater.com - http://www.facebook.com/GuruHomeAlarmKits
and
http://www.YardSaleGuru.ecrater.com - https://www.facebook.com/pages/TheYardSaleGuru/336612746422488

If you are just looking for people to "like" your page this is not the thread

I am looking for members who want to actually help each other advertise their promotions. this means if i am running a special or just added a new category. I will make an add - post it on my facebook page - then I will share it. then the other people who are in this group will also SHARE it. this will allow us, not only to advertise to the people who LIKE our page, but also to all of thier friends as well.

I will go into more detail and ideas on how to make good adds after some people join this group. hopefully many will.

If you do not want to be part of this, that is fine, but I think this will help a lot of us if we give it a chance.

Last edited by YardSaleGuru on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would do this within a circle of other clothing sellers (actually, I already do, by having a collaborative blog we all post on: http://shopgreendress.com).

But I personally don't use my business page to advertise things that are totally unrelated to what I sell, as my customers would see that as SPAM.

I just wonder if you have considered that people "liking" your page on Facebook to learn more about security systems might be put off by reading a bunch of posts about ugly sweaters, discount DVDs, jewelry, pet supplies, and other unrelated topics?
YardSaleGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do not wish to participate, that is fine. But I am not talking about your business page liking and sharing, i am talking about YOU sharing occasional promotions.

i have actually "liked" your ugly sweater page. not as a business, as MYSELF.

But like i said. this thread is for the people who want to help others advertise, if you do not. then that is fine.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anyone who has questions about it is not welcome to "discuss" this? I see.

Sorry. Won't post here again. Good luck to you!
YardSaleGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I thought it was pretty clear at the beginning.
If you do not wish to partake that is fine.

I have noticed quite the "Click" in the 2 weeks i have been a member.
I actually had a post moved out of the place i put it. no reason, just moved and all i did was answer the question just like everyone else.

What I also have found lately, is that the person who started the Facebook thread, as well as the App for facebook thread. Do not even sell on ecrater anymore.

What I am trying to do is help the people like me.

I do not want conflict, or reasons why you do not want to join, or to know what blog "only clothing people" are welcome in, just people who want to help each other.

If you don't feel that people who wear sweaters don't need security systems or people with security systems don't need sweaters. well, then. okey dokey. Smile (a smiley face makes everything better)
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admire what you are trying to do and I would join you in your efforts, except I know I tend to get too sick to keep up with anything much of the time, so it is a commitment I don't think I could keep.

I have seen groups like this, but what happens is MANY sellers will tend to push every single thing they have posted for the day through the group, so some are left needing to 'share' 10-20 posts just for one seller while the rest have only posted one for the day. I hope you understand what I am saying. You might want to have a solution to that figured out, since those shares that end up on personal FB pages can make people lose track of their actual friends and family. Just a heads up.
YardSaleGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moon,

Yes, I did think of that. What I propose to do to avoid that is have it limited. one special at a time.

ie.. I am actually trying to GIVE away a Personal Emergency Response unit. If I can get say 10 different people to just share the add that I made, and Each say have 100-200 friends on face book. that is 2000 people that will see it.

I don't want people to SPAM thier friends. Only help to share specials.
I don't really know what kind of limit to put on it yet. and wont until I get some people to join.

Truthfully, I'm having my doubts that I il even get anyone to join.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

""But I personally don't use my business page to advertise things that are totally unrelated to what I sell, as my customers would see that as SPAM.""

no sense of community ?

The more people that find and come to "ecrater" seems like a good thing too me. Ebay is 21 from zero worldwide ranking, Ecrater gives you a free place to sell your stuff. then you say that. Shocked
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The more people that find and come to "ecrater" seems like a good thing too me.

I think so as well. I feel bad that I can't participate, but if there is one thing I have learned in the last 10 years of being chronically ill, I can't plan on doing anything because then I will for sure flare up and not be able to do anything. Very hard to get used to. I have enough trouble keeping my own promotions going and I have a website that I haven't seen in over a year Embarassed . But for those that this is their life, doing the occassional promotion shouldn't take up too much time and resources.
YardSaleGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what do you think?

Points system. Almost like a click per click.

I have one add that I want Shared. right now.
For every person who shares this add, I will personally share one of thier adds. just let me know which one you would like me to share.

Key Word Here is SHARE, not like. liking just shows a small note that you lied it. Sharing posts it where all of your friends can see it.

Suggestion: when making an add that you want shared. If it is a message, turn it into a picture, then caption it with your clickable link.

I learned this the hard way. Pictures will show up, statuses don't show up as well once shared.

The add that i would like to have shared is here:

https://www.facebook.com/GuruHomeAlarmKits

that will take you to my facebook page, the add is the picture that says:

"Let's Help Protect Our Seniors!" at the top of the picture.

If anyone decides to do this, post it in here after doing so.

Let's give this a try. No commitments. No sharing it with your business page, just share it with your friends.

Nothing offensive!
Nothing Crude!
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for me I am still at ground zero with facebook.I got a personal one with no friends, likes, nothing, and I NEED to make a business one.
I just haven't done a thing yet.

But I be happy to share others stuff, or likes, no matter to me.Once I figure out the difference between starting a "business" face book and the "personal" facebook, all seems the same , I just don't get it.

I won't be having any "specials" but I might lower a price from time to time.But would like to paste a item for sale.But I hope it could be more an "Ecrater" thing, than a personal store thing. Or make it a "Ecrater Seller" page as to not affiliate you with the page.

Is kinda the way I am thinking, then setup your own store page, and each has a page for their store, but use this as a hub. yes? no?

Like moonwishes says, a limit, so say one post a week or three from each seller MAX.In that way it would show a variety and capture customers interests.

Don't let me pronounce an verdict on how you want to run it, but that is my suggestion. (wouldn't want to T off the spyguy lol)

I guess I am thinking on the lines of the Ecrater store mall, but on facebook, that we can post things, and yes, leads back to our facebook or just any store they would goto.
ladyknightsjewelry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shared your link on my FB page.

LKJ
YardSaleGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.

Yes.

I would be happy to help you out with setting up your page if you like.

anyway. I know that this particular add seems to just point to the sign up form for the giveaway. and brings people to my facebook page.

But other than my local face to face business, ecrater is the only place i sell online.

the object of giving this system away is to gain future customers, as I also sell this unit that I am giving away. I can assure you. this is costing me money, and if this doesn't work it hurts. I'm not a wealthy man, and I have yet to sell anything on ecrater off of either one of my stores. and I have put a LOT of time into setting them up, and revamping my personal website to point to ecrater.

I have a personal domain and hosting. and all products/listings on that point to here. with the exeption of monitoring services whish i have no interest in trying to figure out how to do here. to much required paperwork to just sell online.

My facebook page advertises ecrater itself, as well as my personal facebook i have posted several times about it. and my personal website also lists both on my links page, as well as me using the widgets which if you click on the logo part of it. takes you to ecrater main.

I do agree with you comletely about the limit. and i think 3 per week would probably be ok, or a click per click system.

This is a new idea to me, so i am by all means open to ideas on how to make it work. I am not really a guru on the facebook or ecrater thing.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had major problems with Facebook so I will not be participating but I do have this caution:

Will you have criteria for membership? There are many products and sellers on eCRATER that I would not want to be associated with in even the slightest way. That is why I don't jump to follow, like or participate in mass promotions and links. If I can't control a situation, I don't participate.

PS Guru, your FB page is looking good. I think your girl with cat post is great and I shared your patriotic house.

Last edited by theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: